Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭CorkClaire82

I've heard of beauticians going back a lot earlier than most other professions so that might be it. I'd say put it out of your mind, a snarky reply is definitely not warranted but I'd say you just have to trust her now at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Hmm, as a self employed person who is going back from maternity leave early because I have no choice I was in this position myself. I asked advice from family/others in business and self employed as I was meeting potential clients when pregnant and wanted to have an answer should they bring up this very point. What I was told by others was to tell the clients (in a nice way) that really, it was none of their concern, it was my private life, and if I said I'd be back to work and completing my booked work as planned it was up to me to do that and my problem to sort IF I felt it was then a problem. Some felt it was akin to them asking me if I'd be able to cope with being a parent, and I see their point.

Self employed people sometimes have no choice but to go back to work very soon or almost immediately, if nobody can cover for you, like in my case. So she might feel (as I would) that there's no need to send out an info email or similar broadcasting something about your private life that you know will have no bearing whatsoever on their booking, and would only invite a thousand questions from often already stressed brides.

Edit: A self employed friend of mine will be back to work within 2 weeks, if not less. Her work is home based over the phone and email, she has to work right up until she goes into labour and will most likely be back answering phones within a few days of being home again. Four months is a lovely notion but unfortunately many of us can only dream of taking that much.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, that makes sense, spottybananas. If I'd never found out, it wouldn't have been a problem. I just panicked thinking she might have tried to phone me to let me know that she would no longer be available, but I would never have received the message because that number isn't on over here. I think the stress of organising everything from so far away added to the anxiety that there might be an issue with my booking. I'm still not impressed with the reply that I got, but your post puts it more into context (I think she took offence to me checking if all was okay).

Plus, the situation was that the person I recommended her to told that I was booked in with her, and she just asked for the date of my wedding and said "Oh". So that didn't reassure me when I heard!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Came across this today, my boss is just the nicest man ever.

Snappy Ever After - for anyone looking for a wedding app for photos.. Now the only catch is that there are a lot of free apps out there, this one cost around €100 but it is so easy to use...

https://snappyeverafter.com/about/

I don't have an iphone just cant stand the things and it never recognises my finger print or whatever it does. But could manage this, you get little cards with the app thing on it so you can just scan it, it takes you straight to the site to upload the picture there.. Very smart now I must say, just though I would share incase anyone was looking. We have another app you get free with the website but you have to enter a code to update, so you have to make sure all guests have this which is more effort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Milly33 wrote: »
    Came across this today, my boss is just the nicest man ever.

Snappy Ever After - for anyone looking for a wedding app for photos.. Now the only catch is that there are a lot of free apps out there, this one cost around €100 but it is so easy to use...

https://snappyeverafter.com/about/

I don't have an iphone just cant stand the things and it never recognises my finger print or whatever it does. But could manage this, you get little cards with the app thing on it so you can just scan it, it takes you straight to the site to upload the picture there.. Very smart now I must say, just though I would share incase anyone was looking. We have another app you get free with the website but you have to enter a code to update, so you have to make sure all guests have this which is more effort

We're going to use Wedpics. Not sure what the difference is.
    Another wedding we were at used wedpics last year and it was cool being able to see everyone else pics as they were being uploaded too.

• Advertisement

I saw the webpics alright at my cousins wedding. yeah they are all really the same thing as far as I know I think just the snappy one is just for pictures it doesn't give you the site or invite guests thing.. Do you have to pay for wedding pics or do they charge for the cards etc

I saw the webpics alright at my cousins wedding. yeah they are all really the same thing as far as I know I think just the snappy one is just for pictures it doesn't give you the site or invite guests thing.. Do you have to pay for wedding pics or do they charge for the cards etc

As far as I know, it's free. But you can buy cards off them. I must ask the couple that used it last year.
    We were half thinking of putting it on our wedding invitations, so people cld download the app in advance. But would anyone do it?

I seen a lovely idea on pinterest recently that I meant to share here.

Basically, you create a notebook for each table so they're labelled 1 to 10 or however many table you have and guests write a note to you in the book and then you read it on that year anniversary.

A friend has offered to do a fingerprint tree for us, as that's a bit of a theme for us, so we thought this was a nice way to do a guest book and it ensures any guest who wishes to leave you a message will. Be nice to read to sit with a glass of wine and read on your anniversary.

I was going to sign up there again to see if they do charge for the cards but I think I have enough of wedding apps and bits.. Have the list down now. I would just be curious as the snappy one is a great idea and it is a local based one but I just cant see would people be prepared to pay the €100 for it. Although like that we are but tis more that we are supporting a new local thing..

The notebook idea sounds lovely and the fingerprint tree. I like these, and they look lovely when they are framed.

I must say I don't get the ones I have seen them now at a few weddings the little hearts or pieces that you put into the frame.. There isn't enough room on them to write anything so it anyone I have seen just looks like someone scribbled on them..

I was hoping (because I am a child) to do a wedding piñata,,,, Same-ish thought of a guestbook but you get to break open the piñata on your anniversary... Just need to find a suitable one, was going to make one but the last time I don't it it was just heartbreak

Wddpics says it's free. I'd say they make their money off the cards and you probably have to pay for them to send emails too.

A pinata sounds really cool! I hate breaking them though.

I know it will be a love hate thing when I comes to breaking it, I will put it someplace where it gather dust so I will be urged to get it out of the way...

Yeah I take they done their research with all the other sites to make the payment ok as such, sorry I cannot think of the word.... there are so many though it would be hard to compete

• Advertisement

Wedpics is totally free other than the cards and printing of the pictures. You can text/email on details for free and it's great to have it. We used it and on honeymoon we were looking at the photos all the time and every few days more people would add more. I know there's another couple of people that need to put theirs up but once they are done we'll get all photos printed and create and album of guest's photos then.

Corkclaire, do you have to print the pictures through wedpics or can you download them and print them yourself?

kildareash wrote: »
    Corkclaire, do you have to print the pictures through wedpics or can you download them and print them yourself?

I think you've to print through the app. Wait, I just checked and you can save them to your device so no, you can download them and print them off yourself. Nice one.

Ah good to know Corkclaire. I just sent them an email there to actually see what you are paying for a such... I know you do get the cards for free so you don't have to pay for anything like this, but still what are you paying for

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

Good luck Rainbow Kirby!!!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Had a family dinner this evening - and currently enjoying having a super king size hotel bed to myself after OH decided he'd rather sleep in the family home (1 mile away) this evening! Actually can't believe it's tomorrow, that's gone by so quickly. :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Have an amazing day tomorrow!! It's freaking me out that you're getting married tomorrow. I think we got engaged at about the same time, and I've always kind of thought "First it's RK, then it's me" from posting in here :eek:. 11 weeks to mine yet though!

Oh so excited for you rainbow kirby. Hope you have the most amazing day. Don't forget to come back and update us when it's all over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Have a great day rainbow kirby!

Ohhhh Congratulations to YE!!! wishing you and amazeballs day haha... enjoy every minute

• Advertisement

Did some hen planning last night and even the guest list for that is out of hand.
    I'm at ~20 people now and I cld easily add another 8-10 people from OH's family. Where do u draw the line?
    I think there will be a few drop outs. But I suppose you have to be careful what you wish for coz I'd be so offended if half the people did turn me down!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Last woman standing. \m/

Looking forward to the report! Some day for it too.

I only invited like really close friends as such to the hen, well gave the names of close friends that is... Id say if we started with inviting family wed be going mad and I wouldn't know many of the his side of cousins... oh I think it is going to be a lazy day

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I invited close friends and his brother's wife and my brother's wife.

One week after this now to the hen do!! Yeppe don't know what we are doing but I must get something to wear..

Was very disappointed in Cork city at the weekend. Me and my bm went in looking for dresses and were shocked that there isn't a lot out there. We are kinda more looking for smart casual, the best thing we found was a dress in Oasis it was so pretty and lovely fit... That was it, if anyone is looking for more serious dresses the modern down by Oliver plunkett street had lots of dresses down the back. Some were defo a young girls debs dress but they had a few that were loverly...

One week after this now to the hen do!! Yeppe don't know what we are doing but I must get something to wear..

Was very disappointed in Cork city at the weekend. Me and my bm went in looking for dresses and were shocked that there isn't a lot out there. We are kinda more looking for smart casual, the best thing we found was a dress in Oasis it was so pretty and lovely fit... That was it, if anyone is looking for more serious dresses the modern down by Oliver plunkett street had lots of dresses down the back. Some were defo a young girls debs dress but they had a few that were loverly...

Are you looking for bridesmaid or wedding dress? My bridesmaid got a smashing dress in sample sale for 65 euro. Its gorgeous. Did you get your wedding dress sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Milly33 - I know it's a long day of travel but I found Arnotts very good for that kind of thing. The sale will be on soon too as it's nearly time for Autumn stock to start trickling in.

I am looking for both but more so bridesmaids..

it was this dress we saw 5432800.jpg

Sorry if the picture doesn't work the links on this never work out for me..
    That is another question would ye think it is too white for a bridesmaids..It honestly doesn't bother me at all, but it was mentioned..
    The grooms men are more than likely wearing white shirts too.

My dress, mmm I am not fashionable or into fashion and typical the one thing I would pick the dressmaker said it is like the material disappeared.

He cannot find it anywhere. So we are given it another week and then after that I am going to start calling to shops again. The Moderne outlet centre out by Blarney was mentioned. And then there is one shops in Castleisland looks quite funky.

Arnotts really I wouldn't have thought now of them but maybe a trip would be worth it indeed. Thank you nosietoes

• Advertisement

Oh it worked haha it is pretty

Advertisement