Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

O' Briens have one for 11.49 but you can get 2 for 20 euro in their champagne/sparkling wine promotion. It's a prosecco called 'Arcobello'. It's nice and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh and we were just in there... Didn't spot that one thanks mm and even the chap there was very nice. I am in Cork where are you... Maybe they don't have it here yet... I think being a wine drinker is the worst curse when coming to pick them

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

I'm in kildare but I spotted it on their website! :) Maybe it's a website only deal?

Could be, because we were only saying in fairness the chap was very helpful and we mentioned we were looking for a deal.. Thanks again though we shall keep an eye out and maybe get a bottle of two well if the deal says you need two haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

right getting the appointments made now for the last few weeks. Have 2 days off next week Thurs & Fri so trying to squeeze in as much as possible - dentist for a scale and polish, beautican for a facial, meeting the guy that runs the band for coffee on Thurs to discuss music for the wedding, also doing a trial with a new MUA. Am also thinking of getting semi permanent make up done ...anyone had it done? Thinking I better get it done now in case there's any swelling/reaction. Hair cut booked for tomorrow (literally a tiny tiny trim just the split ends, I'll be warning the hairdresser!).

I have the week before the wedding off so need to book mani, pedi, another facial, spray tan, eyebrow wax, teeth whitening hmm anything else...also meet the photographers for coffee and hopefuly the videographer as well. Would meeting the DJ be overkill?

• Advertisement

Breath breath!! Sounds like you have a plan of action.. When is the date again...

Id say meeting the DJ wouldn't be bad or just give him a call to make sure he knows what kind of music ye like and all that goes

I wouldn't go trying the semi permanent makeup unless you have got it done before, if you do have a reaction of if it isn't right then you are kinda skewed no. I know a friend who has it done and it is loverly you would not notice but do you want to chance it.
    What are you thinking of getting done?

Also be carefull with the facials so close to the day you don't want a breakout and teeth whitening are you going gel or going to the dentist? Get this done like a good week if not 4 days before the day as you teeth will be sensitive.. Be good to be prepared and get some white toothpaste and some clear enough mouthwash if you use it for after whitening them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭fits

Do any of you plan on bringing something you can use as a coverup in the evening? I hate getting cold!

I am all up for bringing a white hoody or a bling hoody. I know it sounds bad but I just love my comfort.... You could get a nice shrug or a nice sparklie cardigan to keep you warm...

I just got a pile of blankets for guest to use outside incase anyone gets cold, if anyone is looking Ikea have great ones for around 2-3 euro

We were thinking of getting blankets as well. Theres a really nice courtyard off reception area and I think they would go down well.

I had a divide between blankets or flip flops and though sure at least blankets would do more. You could put them on the ground to sit on, or use them to keep warm, or use them to put on seats is wet or something... Was looking for ages for deals and Ikea really was the best of them... Was going to say ill be selling on mine if they are left but you are before me I think

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I have a short sleeve satin bolero jacket to go with my dress - we're not really going to be outdoors much so not much in the way of coverups needed. I have red shawls for my bridesmaids.

Milly33 wrote: »
    I had a divide between blankets or flip flops and though sure at least blankets would do more. You could put them on the ground to sit on, or use them to keep warm, or use them to put on seats is wet or something... Was looking for ages for deals and Ikea really was the best of them... Was going to say ill be selling on mine if they are left but you are before me I think

I am.

I know those ikea fleeces, we have one, and it smells funny! Do yours smell?

I had a romantic idea of getting some nice woollen rugs like these from cushendale, but they are too expensive tbh.
    http://cushendale.ie/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7_33

I have a short sleeve satin bolero jacket to go with my dress - we're not really going to be outdoors much so not much in the way of coverups needed. I have red shawls for my bridesmaids.

I think I will be outside a lot if weather is nice in any way. Reception room has big double doors leading out to enclosed courtyard.
    I bought a sequin bolero/cardigan thing so that might work well.

Oh they would be loverly the lambs wool ones but yes the price would hurt. I was hoping that Pennys would have had a sale on their blankets after Christmas here but there was nothing, typical when you are looking...

No the ones I got seem to smell fine, but I think I know the smell you are talking about.. I am going to have to go back and smell them again before I put them out, might give them a spritz beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I bought a length of silk in Hickeys for about E35 and hemmed around the edge. That's my shawl.

very nice idea did you use a machine or by hand

I would love to be niftier with the sowing machine. I have a mini one upstairs but I just end up getting angry with it when it jams not patience

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I got a machine in Lidl a few years ago so I used that, just a straight forward zig zag stitch around each edge.
    You'd be forever doing it by hand and it wouldn't look half as good as with a machine.
    It was actually one of my most straightforward DIY projects. Took maybe half an hour to edge it in total.

fits wrote: »
    Do any of you plan on bringing something you can use as a coverup in the evening? I hate getting cold!

Oh yeah baby, I have 2 boleros so far and a pair of lace sleeves on order for when I get "cold" ;)

I got a machine in Lidl a few years ago so I used that, just a straight forward zig zag stitch around each edge.
    You'd be forever doing it by hand and it wouldn't look half as good as with a machine.
    It was actually one of my most straightforward DIY projects. Took maybe half an hour to edge it in total.

Well done to you for doing it then... Are they the hand held machines or the big ones.. I am always tempted by the little handheld ones but not sure if they work or not

Milly33 wrote: »
    Breath breath!! Sounds like you have a plan of action.. When is the date again..

I wouldn't go trying the semi permanent makeup unless you have got it done before, if you do have a reaction of if it isn't right then you are kinda skewed no. I know a friend who has it done and it is loverly you would not notice but do you want to chance it.
    What are you thinking of getting done?

Also be carefull with the facials so close to the day you don't want a breakout and teeth whitening are you going gel or going to the dentist? Get this done like a good week if not 4 days before the day as you teeth will be sensitive.. Be good to be prepared and get some white toothpaste and some clear enough mouthwash if you use it for after whitening them

Thinking of getting lips done !! :eek:
    Did your friend get it done in Cork by any chance? I'd love a recommendation for a salon in Cork to do it....not the kind of thing you want to take a chance on. Couldn't find much online in terms of reviews etc.

Yeah I got my teeth whitened before when I was bridesmaid a few years ago and I remember it was awful coz i have sensitive teeth. I have it booked for 4 days before the wedding. Will the mouthwash help with the sensitivity?
    I'm going to the White Smile Clinic in Cork (they also have clinics in Dublin and Limerick) they were the crowd I used the last time. They put peroxide on your teeth and then shine a light on it (I think). I asked about the dentist but they will make a mold which you take home and put white stuff into and wear at night for a week or more, costs nearly 3 times as much as the white smile clinic (which also only takes 1 hour)

1 month to go now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I was helping mum go through her wardrobe this weekend and found a gorgeous shawl that Dad brought home from India years ago - cream with super pale pink, purple and yellow flowers embroidered at each end. It's on its way to the dry cleaners now to be put away ready for running around outside in the early hours of the morning.

We bought crest white strips in the States to use on our teeth - used them before and they worked really well and are great value but don't think they're available in the EU.

I really wouldn't chance the permanent makeup. What if you didn't like it? And don't you want to look like yourself on your wedding day?

nosietoes wrote: »
    I really wouldn't chance the permanent makeup. What if you didn't like it? And don't you want to look like yourself on your wedding day?

I don't like my lips, lipstick comes off almost straight away and then they are just bleh. They almost disappear really. I like the idea of having red lips and not having to keep going into the bathroom reapplying lipstick

Sticky! I understand where you are coming from, trust me. But people wont like you more for getting all this stuff done. People who love you don't really care about your arms, or the colour of your lips etc. I am sure you are lovely. It sounds like you are going to spend a fortune on treatments for just one day!
    This article is good. And lovemydress in general.
    http://www.lovemydress.net/blog/2014/07/the-weight-thing.html

(disclaimer: I am doing the teeth whitening cos I already have the trays for it)

fits wrote: »
    Sticky! I understand where you are coming from, trust me. But people wont like you more for getting all this stuff done. People who love you don't really care about your arms, or the colour of your lips etc. I am sure you are lovely. It sounds like you are going to spend a fortune on treatments for just one day!
    This article is good. And lovemydress in general.
    http://www.lovemydress.net/blog/2014/07/the-weight-thing.html

(disclaimer: I am doing the teeth whitening cos I already have the trays for it)

Nice dose of patronisation there !!! :P:P Puhleese....as if every bride isn't thinking about how she's gonna look on the big day! And surely the permanent makeup is the opposite....coz it doesn't only last for one day so it's actually better value then most of the stuff we're all blowing money on which literally are just for one day

nosietoes wrote: »
    I was helping mum go through her wardrobe this weekend and found a gorgeous shawl that Dad brought home from India years ago - cream with super pale pink, purple and yellow flowers embroidered at each end. It's on its way to the dry cleaners now to be put away ready for running around outside in the early hours of the morning.

there's your something old and your something borrowed all in one!

Of course we all try look our best. But you can take it to extremes too. Sorry if you think I'm being patronising but you are posting a fierce amount of threads about your appearance on the day. Eg the first dance arms. I really thought wtf at that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Nice dose of patronisation there !!! :P:P Puhleese....as if every bride isn't thinking about how she's gonna look on the big day! And surely the permanent makeup is the opposite....coz it doesn't only last for one day so it's actually better value then most of the stuff we're all blowing money on which literally are just for one day

Have you spoken to your mua about your worries about lipstick? There is primers I think but also products you can apply over your lippie to make it last? Obviously if you have your heart set on semi permanent make up, go for it, but definitely research it, a lot, there are a lot of places using less quality products than is standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Sticky - to be honest, I've been worried about your obsessive focus on your appearance too. Your fasting and dancing comments made me particularly concerned.

Sure, I want to look pretty (why I'm getting my hair and make up done and am taking better care of my skin than normal) but more interested in having fun and committing to my fiancé in front of everyone we value and love.

Sticky, I just want to say I don't want you to think I am having a go at you. I just wonder if you are putting too much pressure on yourself. That's all.

• Advertisement

Gee_G wrote: »
    Have you spoken to your mua about your worries about lipstick? There is primers I think but also products you can apply over your lippie to make it last? Obviously if you have your heart set on semi permanent make up, go for it, but definitely research it, a lot, there are a lot of places using less quality products than is standard.

I'm currently MUA-less! I cancelled the one I had booked after a bad trial. Currently looking for a new one or else gonna do it myself (with help from bm)
    There doesn't seem to be much opportunity to research it online, I googled it and found very little, anything I did find was about the eyebrows not the lips.
    If you know anything about it please let me know! What is a good quality product as opposed to a less standard one?

Advertisement