Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

I think that would be grand as bridesmaids dress!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Its very pretty Milly. Sure Kate Middletons bridesmaid was in white :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Great, I must say the cut is really nice on it.. It has this "V" just above the belly and it doesn't cling. Thank ye so much, I didn't even think white would be too much but then when it was said I was like ohhh maybe and what if the whites don't match.. But then I think it is more of funky than matching wedding...

Sure who can forget the loverly bottom dress!! :) I remember seeing that and when she stepped out I was like where are her bridesmaids I thought it was Kate

Sister went into a place to see about getting her dress altered. Dude said she might want to wait a few weeks in case she wanted to lose weight. Shes about nine stone.

Why are people lunatics????

Oh tut tut on him....

Trying to get motivated now last three months to go and well I haven't done much so far and just want to loose a bit or tone up...Weights, sit ups, rowing machine and plenty of walks all lined up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

fits wrote: »
    Sister went into a place to see about getting her dress altered. Dude said she might want to wait a few weeks in case she wanted to lose weight. Shes about nine stone.

Why are people lunatics????
    In fairness, brides are always talking about losing weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Oh Milly, that dress is gorgeous! Be beautiful as a bmaid dress.

I've been waiting for this since we got engaged, but MIL is sticking her oar into my hen party plans! My head is wrecked.
    We're not doing the traditional hotel weekend, we want to do something a little different. She doesn't like that idea.

She was saying at the weekend, I shouldn't be involved in the planning of it, my BM shld be doing it all. My BM is doing all the donkey work, she's just running things past me, which is what I want. I'm not a control freak, but I like to know what's going on. We want to send out email invites, but because she doesn't use email all the time, she thinks it's a bad idea.

And then interfering with who I should be inviting, even OH is sticking his unwanted oar in on this one.
    She "suggested" I shld invite some of OH's aunts and cousins (not necessarily all her side of the family), but it's another eight to ten people, on top of a list of 20 of family and friends.

Work is mental at the minute, and I was using wedding and hen planning as an escape, but all i have is them swirling around in my head at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I didn't invite any aunts, cousins or mothers on either my side or my OHs side. I just invited my sisters, my brothers wives, Ohs sister and my closest friends. that still made 20 people.

I know some people invite mothers to the dinner part so they can be included but i wouldn't be comfortable with them there perhaps hearing mad stories about me so i didn't invite them.

ahayes84 wrote: »
    I know some people invite mothers to the dinner part so they can be included but i wouldn't be comfortable with them there perhaps hearing mad stories about me so i didn't invite them.

My mam has kinda invited herself, but she's alright when she's out. I'd probably be embarrassed if they do some of those mr and mrs games in front of her alright, but I'll just drink more to forget about it.
    OH's mam is young enough and up for the craic, so I don't mind her coming. I just want her to keep her nose out.
    The aunts are ok, like they're all in their 50's and so are my sisters, and they'll have the craic. I just don't want there to be more people 50+ there, than there is my age!

Great thank you I thought twas really nice too was surprised by the negative outlook to it but sure..

Sounds like "a dose" with the MIL and OH (look at that for abbreviations? I was confused with MUA at the beginning) haha. Maybe just don't tell her all or just kinda nod and agree except for the inviting of people. It really isn't her call no matter how lovely or who she is... It is your call who you invite....

I get why you would want to be told what is going on as it is your hen, hopefully they will back off.. Chuck some evils at the other half and give him the whole well did I tell you who was going on your Stag..

My mum is loverly and great craic so she is defo coming on mine, there wouldn't be anything really I wouldn't do in front of her but I himself mum just would not be comfortable so she isn't going. We might go to a dinner or something beforehand.

Mum defo needs a break too so she is looking forward to it.. She is doing something at the moment and tis a week to go and I am getting all these questions with hidden agendas like "Do you know that person you know in the Shop" Im like spit it out mum what do you want..Love them but they drive you mad...

• Advertisement

50+ wow that would most defiantly be a lot of people...I suppose it would give you good practice to saying hello to everyone on the wedding day

Sorry typed too quick I see you meant 50+ your age sorry

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I never considered not inviting my mum and my MIL to my hen, but then again, I want an extremely tame affair. I'd hate nothing more than a "typical" hen night so there's nothing going to be taking place that I wouldn't be comfortable with them taking part in.

On the other hand, there's no other relatives invited. Neither I nor my OH have sisters, my SIL can't make it, and I'd not have a hen party before inviting any of my aunts! I'm annoyed enough that I have to invite them to the wedding!

I invited, sisters, sisters in law, mother, mother in law, and close friends, and two cousins who I am close to. Came to fifteen altogether and we had a super day with dinner and cocktails at home in my Mum's. I couldnt stick a pub nightclub type affair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Milly33 wrote: »
    Oh it worked haha it is pretty

That's a lovely dress, Milly.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Cutting our cake on Saturday :)

Oh loverly Rainbow congratulations to ye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Lovely photo rainbow!
    Congrats!

Lovely photo Rainbow! You both are just beaming. Love the cake and cupcakes. Congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

Congrats rainbow, lovely photo. .

has anyone come across anywhere that does match boxes personalised ones

• Advertisement

has anyone come across anywhere that does match boxes personalised ones

Lantz used to do them, but I can't find them on their website.

Can't think of anywhere else off the top of my head. Other than printing labels and sticking them on to standard match boxes.

Yeah I was thinking of doing that but I would prefer a print..Sure ill take a look at Lantz just to see thanks

Bit random, but maybe an option.

http://www.lightinthebox.com/c/personalized-matchboxes_18137

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=personalised%20match%20boxes

I though the lantz website was awful, maybe give them a call just to double check if you can't see it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Think I saw them on not on the high street as well as etsy

Thank you ladies... Yeah I thought they would be more available. I emailed Lantz there too see never heard of them before they look great.. trying to get somewhere localish as I just finished with all my online ordering from abroad as such. but sure if all else fails.. thanks again I shall let ye know if I find them

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

kildareash wrote: »
    Bit random, but maybe an option.

http://www.lightinthebox.com/c/personalized-matchboxes_18137

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=personalised%20match%20boxes

I though the lantz website was awful, maybe give them a call just to double check if you can't see it either.

Lightinthebox are having an 80% off sale at the moment. I just ordered some matchboxes there myself. They also have a discount price on their shipping!
    Thanks for this! :)

Ah no I have a few more days to pay day, eeck....Light in the box are good then yeah. Again was hoping to go local but I emailed one store who are on facebook constantly updating and strangely enough have heard nothing back

Hi, just looking for opinions on candles. I'm in the middle of ordering unity candles and I'm actually torn between white or cream!! I like the white but i think the cream goes better with the flower arrangements. Also the girl doing them said the tapered candles are darker than the pillar if i went with the cream.. i actually thought the picture was a sample of white and cream together there was that much difference! Also my dress is ivory so is it the case you match the colour of the candles to the dress!!? Oh god, I've been so laid back why am i stressing over this :-)

Sure tis the small things that matter, the little details make all the difference..

For me I have seen a few from mum doing flowers and I always think the cream looks kinda dirty, much prefer the white next to foliage...Can you call in and see them!

• Advertisement

Sure tis the small things that matter, the little details make all the difference..

For me I have seen a few from mum doing flowers and I always think the cream looks kinda dirty, much prefer the white next to foliage...Can you call in and see them!

Yeah a few people have said it can look dirty. I've googled pics of white with the colour of my flowers and its actually not as bad as i thought.

I'm getting candles seperate from the florist and the girl doing them is doing them from home so dont think she has a shop as such.

I thinking more about white candles and an ivory dress, would anyone really notice or care for that matter!

Advertisement