Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Bieber11 wrote: »
    That last post was intense I'm almost afraid to ask a question 😊!
    I can't log onto the cic site and would like to get my passport photo scanned on the way home, is it as simple as getting it scanned onto a memory stick or is it more complicated. I read someone say it has to be 600dpi and I am not alone in not having a clue what that means cause I have asked a few people....any answers would be welcomed, thanks!!

A headshot photo of you, that's at least 420x540 dimensions and over 60k in file size is all you need. Click the "?" on the my CIC page where it asks you to upload the photo for the full spec. It's very straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 duffman44

ahh people still not reading the site ? shocker lol
    gonna be loads stupid questions again now that this round is open . and they say no question is a stupid one but sometimes they are .

Ha just waiting for how do we sign our documents

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Bieber11 wrote: »
    That last post was intense I'm almost afraid to ask a question 😊!
    I can't log onto the cic site and would like to get my passport photo scanned on the way home, is it as simple as getting it scanned onto a memory stick or is it more complicated. I read someone say it has to be 600dpi and I am not alone in not having a clue what that means cause I have asked a few people....any answers would be welcomed, thanks!!

Haha sorry,don't be afraid! Im just proving I'd be a terrible teacher. Repetitive questions are evil,to me.

The photo thing threw me aswel! But I just used the idphoto4you website and it worked (single photo option)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

duffman44 wrote: »
    Ha just waiting for how do we sign our documents

hahaha
    you have to use a purple crayola crayon and it can only be a crayola cheap imitations will not be accepted thats what the cic told me

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

Does anyone no do they send your medical results out to or do you have to request them from the CIC as it states on the sheet they gave me that the hosp i went to cant answer any of my question once they have sent them to CIC?

• Advertisement

Got my POE yesterday at 5:41am Vancouver time!
    On the same day I moved into my new apartment and got my tax back! Gonna celebrate by buying a new TV and beer :D

This meant more to me than most since I wanted to keep my job here, I just signed a one year lease on this apartment too!
    My WTN was in the 1900's.
    borat-dance.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

ahh people still not reading the site ? shocker lol
    gonna be loads stupid questions again now that this round is open . and they say no question is a stupid one but sometimes they are .

Had to unfollow the stage 1 thread as the questions asked were getting worse and worse.

What's a CAL, what's the IEC, where is Canada. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Had to unfollow the stage 1 thread as the questions asked were getting worse and worse.

"Whats a PDF File??:pac: "

I'm gonna do the same. Can't face anymore Qs about the Kompass!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

RichFTW wrote: »

What's a CAL, what's the IEC, where is Canada. :pac:
    Are those my legs? :P
    Human nature/ panic, nerves and a sprinkling of stupid dust. :o

Does anyone no do they send your medical results out to or do you have to request them from the CIC as it states on the sheet they gave me that the hosp i went to cant answer any of my question once they have sent them to CIC?

No idea about medicals Maggie, sorry!
    Just thought I would bump this up to see if anyone knows for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Loblox

Alright, quick one. Scoured the thread, didn't find an answer.

Currently in Canada on a visitor visa. I was on IEC, that expired a few days before this opened. I marked my status down as a visitor (because that's what I currently am), but I'm not sure what dates to mark down. Should I put down from when my IEC started to when this tourist visa ends, or should I put down the start of this holiday visa to the end and mark my IEC time separately?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

guest124 wrote: »
    No idea about medicals Maggie, sorry!
    Just thought I would bump this up to see if anyone knows for you.

Thanks :):):)... Dont think anyone else on this is getting the medical but thought i might give it one more try and ask about it. I guess il just have to wait and see what happens. Just annoying that they dont send you out the results

Thanks :):):)... Dont think anyone else on this is getting the medical but thought i might give it one more try and ask about it. I guess il just have to wait and see what happens. Just annoying that they dont send you out the results

Are you on Facebook? Join the moving2Canada group if you havent already. Good few people on it had medicals.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Just got the so called ghost email. Freaking out logging in there, expecting bad news, expecting good then nothing at all.. Dam you to hell CIC!

Silvio67 wrote: »
    Just got the so called ghost email. Freaking out logging in there, expecting bad news, expecting good then nothing at all.. Dam you to hell CIC!

Ignore 'page updated' emails.it's the ‘new message' one that'll have you trying to log into mycic in record speed lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Haha sorry,don't be afraid! Im just proving I'd be a terrible teacher. Repetitive questions are evil,to me.

Agreed. I've stopped answering questions as it's just new people signing up, asking the same questions that have been answered tens or possibly hundreds of times already, and then never returning. It's not like they're contributing to the site by then helping other people. If they were to spend 5 minutes reading through the last 3-4 pages of the threads theyd find everything that they need to know. It's really frustrating.

Agreed. I've stopped answering questions as it's just new people signing up, asking the same questions that have been answered tens or possibly hundreds of times already, and then never returning. It's not like they're contributing to the site by then helping other people. If they were to spend 5 minutes reading through the last 3-4 pages of the threads theyd find everything that they need to know. It's really frustrating.

They should be reading through the entire thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

EI-DOR wrote: »

Agree completely, I was trying not to be too harsh! I read through most of the 2013 Stage 2 thread, as Im sure a lot more here did.

EI-DOR wrote: »

ah yeah but these people just dont wanna read. lol its just gonna get worse too , can ya imagine looking to move to another country but not researching it properly .kinda stupid if you ask me , ive decided to start giving up on the stage one thread 2 now i think

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sunflowa

I hope this hasn't been asked before but I'm running into difficulty when I try and upload my documents.

This message keeps coming up-

404 - File or directory not found.
    The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

They are both in the correct format and below the maximum size, does anyone know what this might mean?

• Advertisement

sunflowa wrote: »
    I hope this hasn't been asked before but I'm running into difficulty when I try and upload my documents.

This message keeps coming up-

404 - File or directory not found.
    The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

They are both in the correct format and below the maximum size, does anyone know what this might mean?

wht documents mycic stuff? havent heard anyone having that issue as of yet people didnt have a sumbit butt but no 404s there site probably having issues .

In October I read through the 2013 iec megathread...it was scary as hell. Hundreds of pages. Cal? Poe? Loi? What is this!? I was clueless. So I kept reading and I researched. When people say 'I haven't the time to stroll through the internet for answers' it just baffles me. If you haven't time to read, how do you've time to emigrate?

But here I have a few minutes to spare to try to breakdown some stage 2 stuff:

This site will direct you:
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp
    Use GC KEY to register.
    Do questionnaire.
    Designated country is a country with a YES next to it.
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/dcl.asp

You need:
    Resume, passport scan, photo,medical (in some circumstances) and police cert (if you have more than one, morph into one pdf file. Should be under 3 months old)
    Upload document under 'letter of explanation' section for extra employment history.

For the photo:
    mushacles wrote: »
    I got someone to take a photo of me with my phone. I was stood against a gray wall. I then uploaded it to http://www.idphoto4you.com/. From step 1 on the homepage of http://www.idphoto4you.com/:

1. choose canada from the list of countries
    2. Choose "Visa (3.5 x 4.5 cm)" from the "photo" drop down
    3. Choose "Single photo" from the "print size" drop down
    4. Upload the photo you took

You'll then be brought to a second screen which will allow you to rotate and position your face correctly so that it's the right dimensions and space

Or you can just scan a passport photo.

You do not sign the forms. Only date them!
    When you submit application you will be asked to type your name. That's it.

You may get emails saying application is updated. Thats normal.
    You will get email saying ‘new message' for actual updates.
    Poe is your port of entry letter. Your work permit.

Now, ignore this and ask how old police cert needs to be and if we sign forms.

Agree completely, I was trying not to be too harsh! I read through most of the 2013 Stage 2 thread, as Im sure a lot more here did.
    I was the same. Read through most of the 2013 Thread myself and checked out the IEC Website plus typed any other Questions into Google to see what past threads appeared. When using Google for example typing in "IEC 2014 FAQs Boards.ie" will bring up a list of stuff previously answered on here. Another good way I got research done.

Regarding the CIC Account I managed to get that set-up myself without looking up anything (Not hard). Upon doing this I created a post on the IEC Irish fb page and pinned it at the top (as I'm one of the Admins) explaining how to setup the CIC Account, it actually prevented an endless amount of Questions on the page. Pity I can't pin a few posts to explain other things!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 finn001

Hey, I was just told by go4lees the theirs a blank on CV were I finished college and then I was on dole for a few months b4 I started work, anyone have any idea what I should fill in? Thanks

In October I read through the 2013 iec megathread...it was scary as hell. Hundreds of pages. Cal? Poe? Loi? What is this!? I was clueless. So I kept reading and I researched. When people say 'I haven't the time to stroll through the internet for answers' it just baffles me. If you haven't time to read, how do you've time to emigrate?

But here I have a few minutes to spare to try to breakdown some stage 2 stuff:

This site will direct you:
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp
    Use GC KEY to register.
    Do questionnaire.
    Designated country is a country with a YES next to it.
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/dcl.asp

You need:
    Resume, passport scan, photo,medical (in some circumstances) and police cert (if you have more than one, morph into one pdf file. Should be under 3 months old)
    Upload document under 'letter of explanation' section for extra employment history.

For the photo:

Or you can just scan a passport photo.

You do not sign the forms. Only date them!
    When you submit application you will be asked to type your name. That's it.

You may get emails saying application is updated. Thats normal.
    You will get email saying ‘new message' for actual updates.
    Poe is your port of entry letter. Your work permit.

Now, ignore this and ask how old police cert needs to be and if we sign forms.

How do we electronically sign the form ? Lol:-P but really sad fact is 99 % of people won't read any of the above .and will still ask whatever questions you just coverd

finn001 wrote: »
    Hey, I was just told by go4lees the theirs a blank on CV were I finished college and then I was on dole for a few months b4 I started work, anyone have any idea what I should fill in? Thanks

Gaps in employment history don't matter. I had lots of gaps and got POE.

finn001 wrote: »

Gaps shouldn't have any issue at all

How do we electronically sign the form ? Lol:-P but really sad fact is 99 % of people won't read any of the above .and will still ask whatever questions you just coverd

I know. Worth a shot though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CitySlicker99

Hey folks. Finally got my CAL late last night. Congrats to everyone who's got the POE already. I have a question that was definitely asked before, but some time ago back in the Bronze Age of Jan/Feb (remember those dark days ;) ) and I imagine any answers would have had at least some guesswork involved. Now people have actually gone through the process, I was wondering...

- My passport contains my middle name.

- My Garda Clearnance does NOT contain my middle name.

Did anyone submit forms with such an inconsistency and run into any difficulties because of it?

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Hey folks. Finally got my CAL late last night. Congrats to everyone who's got the POE already. I have a question that was definitely asked before, but some time ago back in the Bronze Age of Jan/Feb (remember those dark days ;) ) and I imagine any answers would have had at least some guesswork involved. Now people have actually gone through the process, I was wondering...

- My passport contains my middle name.

- My Garda Clearnance does NOT contain my middle name.

Did anyone submit forms with such an inconsistency and run into any difficulties because of it?

Cheers.

My cert had middle name. My passport didnt.
    Got Poe.
    :)

Advertisement