Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Hey folks. Finally got my CAL late last night. Congrats to everyone who's got the POE already. I have a question that was definitely asked before, but some time ago back in the Bronze Age of Jan/Feb (remember those dark days ;) ) and I imagine any answers would have had at least some guesswork involved. Now people have actually gone through the process, I was wondering...

- My passport contains my middle name.

- My Garda Clearnance does NOT contain my middle name.

Did anyone submit forms with such an inconsistency and run into any difficulties because of it?

Cheers.

My cert had middle name , my passport didnt. Got POE no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

So i applied for my POE last night and just there got one of those phantom emails... anyways i went into check if there was anything there just incase... and ive just notice on my application it has my first name and then my second name twice instead of my middle name this is also in my submission letter for my POE but when i login to myCIC it has my first middle and last name... I dont no whether they have made a mistake or if i did... This happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Phoenix wrote: »
    how did most of you scan your clearance cert?i did it at a library and now its saying "drawning failed "when i try to open the image scanned grrrrrrrrr

Lie it flat on a table, take picture with camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

camera phone do>?ha

Don't see why not as long as it's legible! :)

camera phone do>?ha

Yeah camera phone is no problem at all

• Registered Users Posts: 16 thedeiseman

Anyone know where you upload your Australian police cert? Is it under letter of explanation?

Anyone know where you upload your Australian police cert? Is it under letter of explanation?

You merge it into 1 PDF / word document along with your Garda cert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

camera phone do>?ha
    I do doc verification for a bank and recently received my Aussie police clearance... camera picks are fine for both of those I can tell you. Make sure to have it well lit and FULL view however (the code at the bottom is very important!); also worked for my kompass account. Its actually better quality than a scan/photocopy to be honest, with the cameras on phones these days.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kouffaley

mushacles wrote: »
    I got someone to take a photo of me with my phone. I was stood against a gray wall. I then uploaded it to http://www.idphoto4you.com/. From step 1 on the homepage of http://www.idphoto4you.com/:

1. choose canada from the list of countries
    2. Choose "Visa (3.5 x 4.5 cm)" from the "photo" drop down
    3. Choose "Single photo" from the "print size" drop down
    4. Upload the photo you took

You'll then be brought to a second screen which will allow you to rotate and position your face correctly so that it's the right dimensions and space.

That's what I used anyway and I got my POE on Monday.

Hi, Did u print and sign any of the 2 forms ?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

How did ye find filling out the family form?

Grand! It's as simple as it looks. Just make sure you date the 3 sections (from what I remember its 3, you/spouse/parents section, children section and blank signature section).

kouffaley wrote: »
    Hi, Did u print and sign any of the 2 forms ?
    guest124 wrote: »
    You do not sign the forms. Only date them!
    When you submit application you will be asked to type your name. That's it.

You may get emails saying application is updated. Thats normal.
    You will get email saying ‘new message' for actual updates.
    Poe is your port of entry letter. Your work permit.

Now, ignore this and ask how old police cert needs to be and if we sign forms.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Ahh just browsing the fb groups . There are absolute crackers of questions on emm . Some people are as thick as 2 short planks . Some one tell emm all to go to aus will ya :-P

Ahh just browsing the fb groups . There are absolute crackers of questions on emm . Some people are as thick as 2 short planks . Some one tell emm all to go to aus will ya :-P

Some facepalm stuff. I wouldn't mind as much if it was one post and 100 comments but like 6 posts in a row "how do I upload resume and passport?do I scan it? Is it PDF?" Just read the recent posts before creating another, ah!

guest124 wrote: »
    Some facepalm stuff. I wouldn't mind as much if it was one post and 100 comments but like 6 posts in a row "how do I upload resume and passport?do I scan it? Is it PDF?" Just read the recent posts before creating another, ah!

It's hilarious Canada here more irish are coming and about 90 % of emm are ****ing thick .man bet they be regretting those extra places the allocated this year lol

LAds if you have to add more work places in the permit form do you have to fill out the second one with everything or is it just the work expierence section and also where do you upload it?

yeah but thatss allot of hassle just label it stick it in word doc with anything extra you have and upload it in the letter of explanation section .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jack157

2.18 AM
    "You have a new message(s) in your MyCIC account."

Poe bitches!

Who's coming for scoops?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Smellysack

Hi Guys, just submitted my CIC application and I'm so nervous now that I may have made a mistake. I spent hours double checking and researching what my answers should be, but what happens if they reject my application for a minor mistake on my 1295 form? Will i get another chance to apply with them or is that my chance gone? Having a small panic attack here :(

Edit: To clarify even further, in the employment section, I couldnt input all past employment, as there wasnt enough space to fit 1 extra job. Has anyone been rejected for this in the past or does anyone have any experience with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bieber11

Smellysack wrote: »
    Hi Guys, just submitted my CIC application and I'm so nervous now that I may have made a mistake. I spent hours double checking and researching what my answers should be, but what happens if they reject my application for a minor mistake on my 1295 form? Will i get another chance to apply with them or is that my chance gone? Having a small panic attack here :(

Edit: To clarify even further, in the employment section, I couldnt input all past employment, as there wasnt enough space to fit 1 extra job. Has anyone been rejected for this in the past or does anyone have any experience with this.

You are supposed to put in any info missing into the letter of explanation part but I don't know how much attention they pay to that. I don't think they will reject people on this stage I think they will mail you looking for additional info.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Smellysack

I know it was a stupid mistake on my behalf :( I was thinking about revoking my GCKey and just redoing all of stage 2 again, but not sure if that will just cause more hassle than it is worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭smallgarden

posted garda clearance request 25th march, received clearance today, super fast turnaround!

How long did it take everyone to receive their POE after the submitted, it looks like it didn't take as long as they said it would?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Bieber11 wrote: »
    How long did it take everyone to receive their POE after the submitted, it looks like it didn't take as long as they said it would?

Got mine this morning! Sent in mycic saturday evening.

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Got mine this morning! Sent in mycic saturday evening.

Nice, that's a quick turnaround to be fair!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 duffman44

Smellysack wrote: »
    I know it was a stupid mistake on my behalf :( I was thinking about revoking my GCKey and just redoing all of stage 2 again, but not sure if that will just cause more hassle than it is worth.

Its ok to start again I restarted mines 3 times before I had it ready and got my poe in 3days. I had gaps in my employment history too but it didnt seem to matter, there not that strict

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

It's hilarious Canada here more irish are coming and about 90 % of emm are ****ing thick .man bet they be regretting those extra places the allocated this year lol

I honestly fear for the safety of some of them, no way will they survive moving to a new country unless they are part of a group of people. They would probably forget to put their jackets on when going out in the cold!

Advertisement