Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

EI-DOR wrote: »
    I'm one of the Admins.. Torture indeed.

Irish IEC 2014 page bud!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/315057335299644/

ah yup joined it thed other day then killed the notifcations id say your head is wrecked man . i answered a few questions then gave up . people where challenged by pdfs and it was never ending lol

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

ah yup joined it thed other day then killed the notifcations id say your head is wrecked man . i answered a few questions then gave up . people where challenged by pdfs and it was never ending lol

It baffles me. The majority of these people hold good Degrees and still post questions asking how to convert a file to PDF. I dunno!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Hey all. New to this thread. Just uploaded and paid so waiting on conformation and link to cic. In your experience, what should i be getting ready account/document wise. I see some people have already set up a cic account but from reading it looked to me like you couldn't until you get the conformation.

so i need to apply for garda clearance and what else can i get ready now?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

shalalala wrote: »
    Hey all. New to this thread. Just uploaded and paid so waiting on conformation and link to cic. In your experience, what should i be getting ready account/document wise. I see some people have already set up a cic account but from reading it looked to me like you couldn't until you get the conformation.

Hello,

All info is in the previous pages of this thread and the IEC stage 1 thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

shalalala wrote: »

guest124 wrote: »
    You need: Resume, passport scan, photo,medical (in some circumstances) and police cert (if you have more than one, morph into one pdf file. Should be under 3 months old)

Everything you need to know is on this thread if you look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 eamohal

Just got my POE :D delighted. Thanks so much to everyone who posted to my query's very much appreciated.

But I have one final query for someone out there. How on earth to you update passport information on Kompass account??

I have tried but the application still seems to be locked. I would rather solve this issue now before actually applying for the new passport.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

eamohal wrote: »
    Just got my POE :D delighted. Thanks so much to everyone who posted to my query's very much appreciated.

But I have one final query for someone out there. How on earth to you update passport information on Kompass account??

I have tried but the application still seems to be locked. I would rather solve this issue now before actually applying for the new passport.

Thanks

Congrats!

I think you can change it in 'my profile'.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jack157

A question for all you late nighters,

What's the craic with a Loi? Received my Poe last night.

guest124 wrote: »
    Congrats!

I think you can change it in 'my profile'.

Thanks dude just figured it out before I seen your reply.

jack157 wrote: »
    A question for all you late nighters,

What's the craic with a Loi? Received my Poe last night.

Where you seeing LOI from man?

• Advertisement

eamohal wrote: »
    Where you seeing LOI from man?

Seen it on this forum from last years applications

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/documents-loi-needed-to-enter-canada-iec-t136956.0.html

jack157 wrote: »
    Seen it on this forum from last years applications

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/documents-loi-needed-to-enter-canada-iec-t136956.0.html[/Q

Not sure what exactly it is. As far as Im aware is all you need is POE printed off. Take it with you when you go to Canada give present it to Immigration and they release your work permit!

That's what I thought too. Plus all it said on my Poe was "To facilitate your arrival in Canada, inform the officer of the reason for your visit (study or work) and present this letter with your passport."

Thanks dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JnGL91

[QUOTE=
    Not sure what exactly it is. As far as Im aware is all you need is POE printed off. Take it with you when you go to Canada give present it to Immigration and they release your work permit![/QUOTE]

LOI= Letter of Introduction
    Think it is officially referred to as 'Port of entry letter of introduction'

So LOI/POE.. same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

Got my POE during the night!! :D Had submitted on Monday morning

Also interviewed over Skype on wednesday (second company I've interviewed for over there from my Mayo home!) for a pretty cool company who've told me I seem a good fit and are currently checking my references, so all going well I could be starting a job early next month :)
    (let's hope I'm not jinxing it - I know I shouldn't get too hopeful until there's an offer on the table)

EDIT: It may also be useful to mention that I only got one 'false alarm' email from MyCIC before I got the one indicating my letter of introduction had been issued

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Smellysack

ciaran12 wrote: »

Also interviewed over Skype on wednesday (second company I've interviewed for over there from my Mayo home!) for a pretty cool company who've told me I seem a good fit and are currently checking my references, so all going well I could be starting a job early next month :)
    (let's hope I'm not jinxing it - I know I shouldn't get too hopeful until there's an offer on the table)

EDIT: It may also be useful to mention that I only got one 'false alarm' email from MyCIC before I got the one indicating my letter of introduction had been issued
    Congrats and hope you get the job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Congrats! What's the industry/ what did you study and what city are you heading to?

GrumPy wrote: »
    Congrats! What's the industry/ what did you study and what city are you heading to?

Cheers! :)
    It's a web development job in Calgary - I did a multimedia degree here and have 7/8 months programming experience since graduation. Only reason I got the interviews is because I picked out two companies that matched up really well with interests/experience I had and I put it all into the cover letters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

It's a web development job in Calgary - I did a multimedia degree here and have 7/8 months programming experience since graduation. Only reason I got the interviews is because I picked out two companies that matched up really well with interests/experience I had and I put it all into the cover letters :)

Nice, sounds like a good match. :D What exactly did you put into the cover letters? I drafted one recently, but it's pretty generic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

Congrats ciaran12 :)

That's heartening to hear, I'll also be looking for work in web development/multimedia over there, so it's nice to hear some positive news from people with regards to the job situation!

• Advertisement

GrumPy wrote: »
    Nice, sounds like a good match. :D What exactly did you put into the cover letters? I drafted one recently, but it's pretty generic.

Hmm...all of the important stuff is pretty specific to the company. For the first one (which I didn't get), it was server-side programming for a learning management system (like Moodle), - I had been working in e-learning since graduation, had created an educational content library thingy for my final year project, and had previously been volunteering on the technical side of things with an ICT in education related charity, so I was just able to talk about all of that. They told me it was pretty rare to get an applicant who had worked on an LMS before

For the second one, two of their 'good to have' points were experience with nonprofits, and experience with Drupal. So I started talking about how I recently built a custom drupal plugin for a charity I support, as well as lightheartedly mentioning things like how I once built a completely unnecessary android app as part of a college project just to make the demonstration more fun, to show that I'm enthusiastic about building stuff :)

There are a lot of companies recruiting for whom I'd struggle to write a good cover letter, I looked for the ones where I could leverage everything I've already done. I also got pretty damn lucky! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

AmyPL wrote: »
    Congrats ciaran12 :)

That's heartening to hear, I'll also be looking for work in web development/multimedia over there, so it's nice to hear some positive news from people with regards to the job situation!

Cool, when are you planning to head over and where? If I don't get this job I may be delayed a bit, but whenever I do go over I'll probably be joining the local hackerspace etc. so might end up with useful contacts for anyone coming over afterwards!

Cool, when are you planning to head over and where? If I don't get this job I may be delayed a bit, but whenever I do go over I'll probably be joining the local hackerspace etc. so might end up with useful contacts for anyone coming over afterwards!

(Assuming I get my CAL/POE/etc *knocks wood*) Early 2015 hopefully. Still keeping an open mind regarding location, I had my heart set on Vancouver initially but realistically I'm happy to go wherever the work is so Calgary and Toronto also appeal. Lots of research to do!

AmyPL wrote: »
    (Assuming I get my CAL/POE/etc *knocks wood*) Early 2015 hopefully. Still keeping an open mind regarding location, I had my heart set on Vancouver initially but realistically I'm happy to go wherever the work is so Calgary and Toronto also appeal. Lots of research to do!

I keep hearing about all these people going to Vancouver and the first things that come to mind for me are heavy rain, high cost of living and low salaries :P, but I never looked into it much so maybe I'm overlooking all the fun bits! Do any of them really stand out from the others in terms of work available? (in our industry obviously)

Toronto definitely has more tech companies but I think they've far more applicants too, so I couldn't really tell - I just liked the idea of Calgary :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Smellysack

Calgary to me, sounds like heaven :) I really hope CIC don't refuse my application

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

I've previously lived in Toronto and loved it, so thats where I will try and get a job. From doing research Calgary is where most of the jobs are though...so may end up going there.

Smellysack wrote: »
    Calgary to me, sounds like heaven :) I really hope CIC don't refuse my application

If you've got your CAL and are just waiting on POE, it seems like they don't really refuse people, just ask for more info. Pretty sure you'll be getting to Calgary :D

I keep hearing about all these people going to Vancouver and the first things that come to mind for me are heavy rain, high cost of living and low salaries :P, but I never looked into it much so maybe I'm overlooking all the fun bits! Do any of them really stand out from the others in terms of work available? (in our industry obviously)

Toronto definitely has more tech companies but I think they've far more applicants too, so I couldn't really tell - I just liked the idea of Calgary :)

I've done some casual research (via LinkedIn mostly) and my first impression was that there seems to be a lot more vacancies in Toronto, however I assume there's a LOT more competition for these roles also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

got my second phantom email 'application update'....i wonder is it a sign i will get it today!? it would be great if i did, getting very close to my other permit expiring! i submitted stage 2 on the 31st March.

Advertisement