Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

hey I done the CIC I submitted everything but I for got to put my Australian police clearance in.What should I do?I emailed them but no reply.

AFAIK they will ask for it if they need it. If you gave a Garda cert that might be enough for them.

Loblox wrote: »
    Quick question, filling in the stuff now, the only application form is for an application made outside Canada. I'm currently in Canada. Did I screw up somewhere in the questionnaire (I marked passport as Irish and current residence as Canada, which is correct), or is that the only option?

No it's the correct form, it's just the name it has. Fill out the required information in that form and you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Sorry if this has been asked; how do I sign the CIC IM 1295 form?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Grimebox wrote: »

You don't date it then upload there's no need to sign it. It's apart the process after you submit your docs

Grimebox wrote: »

Do not date or sign, you will be asked for a digital signature after uploading them.

Not directing this just to you but please use the search function for the thread so you can search for the answers, we do keep getting the same questions over and over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Bieber11

Hey guys, I'm just filling out the cic today, what are the requirements for the digital photo? Will a passport photo do or does it have to be larger?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

Bieber11 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm just filling out the cic today, what are the requirements for the digital photo? Will a passport photo do or does it have to be larger?

Passport photo will be fine, but make sure you scan it in at 600dpi like they say. You should end up with an image about 800 pixels or so wide I think (if the scanned image comes out really small, then you haven't got the dpi set high enough)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

Got POE at 2am last night! Toronto here I come :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Got ours this morning September here we come :D

Anyone up for a boards meetup in Torronto come Christmas?

How long ago did you submit the cic stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Congrats! :D No sign of mine yet, kinda glad though because I don't intend to travel until 2015, so every day extra helps. But at the same time, kinda wanna get word of it asap...

allanb49 wrote: »
    Got ours this morning September here we come :D

Anyone up for a boards meetup in Torronto come Christmas?

Heading for September myself and I'm sure we could get a good few boardies out in toronto for that

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

when did u submit to CIC flutterby?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

Submitted when I got CAL, last Wednesday 26th March.
    Not heading over for a few months yet, defo up for a boards meet up in TO! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Is the Family Information Form (IMM5707) really that easy? It feels like im missing out on something because theres nothing to it.

Put my mind at ease folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Silvio67 wrote: »
    Is the Family Information Form (IMM5707) really that easy? It feels like im missing out on something because theres nothing to it.

Put my mind at ease folks!

Haha yeah I thought that too! But it is easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

So how would go about adding more jobs onto my 1295 file as ive had more than three in ten years

astonaidan wrote: »
    So how would go about adding more jobs onto my 1295 file as ive had more than three in ten years

Create a word/PDF file and upload it at letter of explanation section.

guest124 wrote: »
    Create a word/PDF file and upload it at letter of explanation section.
    Would the police cert for Australia be the same

Ok so I have everything else ready but this digital photo(remember I'm clueless on computers) I scanned a passport photo it has came up as 87.1k and 1700by2331 is that going to be ok? What is 600dpi is that some on the computer after it's scanned or on the scanner itself, so if this sounds silly to anyone!!

• Advertisement

Would the police cert for Australia be the same

Yeah, either morph two certs into 1 file or attach it to letter of explanation. You can only send one letter of explanation.

So just noticed my Guarda cert has ran out today, so getting another one tomorrow. The thing is my Australia cert runs out on 8th April, will they be as strict with the Australia police cert

So just noticed my Guarda cert has ran out today, so getting another one tomorrow. The thing is my Australia cert runs out on 8th April, will they be as strict with the Australia police cert

You'll probably have Irish one before 8th! Ask Garda if he could make it priority for you. I got mine in 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

You'll probably have Irish one before 8th! Ask Garda if he could make it priority for you. I got mine in 4 days.

I Emailed the Garda on Thursday night. Got the check in the post yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CitySlicker99

Hi folks,

I just posted this in the Stage 1 board, as it's a stage 1-related question. But, then I realised anyone who could answer would not really be looking at the Stage 1 board anymore. They'd more than likely be on here. Any input would be appreciated.

I know people are still getting their CALs today but I am slightly concerned. After making payment and uploading passport & CV (that was all I needed to do thus far right? I didn't print off and post the letter that cam onscreen after making payment as official Kompass correspondance didn't say anything about this). But my main point is, those "14 days" will be up tomorror aw 9am (i.e. I received that letter at 9am 13 days ago). Has it been this close to the 14-day mark for anyone else?

Cheers.

Hi folks,

I just posted this in the Stage 1 board, as it's a stage 1-related question. But, then I realised anyone who could answer would not really be looking at the Stage 1 board anymore. They'd more than likely be on here. Any input would be appreciated.

I know people are still getting their CALs today but I am slightly concerned. After making payment and uploading passport & CV (that was all I needed to do thus far right? I didn't print off and post the letter that cam onscreen after making payment as official Kompass correspondance didn't say anything about this). But my main point is, those "14 days" will be up tomorror aw 9am (i.e. I received that letter at 9am 13 days ago). Has it been this close to the 14-day mark for anyone else?

Cheers.
    Mine went over the 14 days bro only got it today, never printed of anything myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CitySlicker99

Mine went over the 14 days bro only got it today, never printed of anything myself

Thanks man. That's settled the nerves a little. I'm half tempted to just set up a new e-mail account and apply again tonight to be safe like. Hate to take a place off someone else though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

I got my CAL on Saturday. (15th Day)!

Haven't heard anyone submiting certs that were over the 3 months so it's a good question . Hopefully the gardai cert is back to ya before the week .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

People who've gone into garda stations for their clearance cert - did you just walk up to the desk and present everything? Did you include a SAE?

Advertisement