Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Bieber11 wrote: »
    Nice, that's a quick turnaround to be fair!!

Yup and nothing was a scan, all just photographs of passport, and cert. Had gaps on my CV, plus nothing was printed out and signed-rescanned. It's a ridiculously simple process, I think we're all just over complicating the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bieber11

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Yup and nothing was a scan, all just photographs of passport, and cert. Had gaps on my CV, plus nothing was printed out and signed-rescanned. It's a ridiculously simple process, I think we're all just over complicating the process.

I think so as well, as long as the info given is the same as on your passport and you have your garda clearance I would think that is the main thing they are looking at, to be fair the forms are handy enough if you read them as well. I think people just second guess themselves way to much!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

I think so as well, as long as the info given is the same as on your passport and you have your garda clearance I would think that is the main thing they are looking at, to be fair the forms are handy enough if you read them as well. I think people just second guess themselves way to much!!!

yeah thats the problem with 90% of people applying they just dont read the info given to them .

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

Application just submitted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Smellysack

Foley48 wrote: »
    Application just submitted :D
    Good luck with it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

yeah but thatss allot of hassle just label it stick it in word doc with anything extra you have and upload it in the letter of explanation section .

Sorry to go on about this again when you say label it what do you mean? Have you manually just typed your additional work experience into a word doc.? I have a bit of work experience to add. I probably need to take a total of 3 or 4 additional screenshots of that work experience page. When I take a screen shot it's not very clear in the image as I have to zoom out to snap the whole page. Would it be better to take 3/4 screen grabs of just the box labelled employment? or are they accepting the work experience manually typed into a word doc?
    I am referring to page four of the 1295e form btw.
    On a side note I can't see why they couldn't have added an extra few lines/spaces to fill in if they want ten years experience not just 3 spaces :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Sorry to go on about this again when you say label it what do you mean? Have you manually just typed your additional work experience into a word doc.? I have a bit of work experience to add. I probably need to take a total of 3 or 4 additional screenshots of that work experience page. When I take a screen shot it's not very clear in the image as I have to zoom out to snap the whole page. Would it be better to take 3/4 screen grabs of just the box labelled work experience? or are they excepting the work experience manually typed into a word doc? On a side note I can't see why they couldn't have added an extra few lines/spaces to fill in if they want ten years experience not just 3 spaces :rolleyes:

I just typed it out like:
    Employer:
    To date:
    From date:

Or whatever it had asked for.
    Titled it something like 'additional employment history‘

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

guest124 wrote: »
    I just typed it out like:
    Employer:
    To date:
    From date:

Or whatever it had asked for.
    Titled it something like 'additional employment history‘

Perfect thanks for that ...going off my head here with numerous screenshots, which there is obviously no need for!

How long did it take everyone to receive their POE after the submitted, it looks like it didn't take as long as they said it would?

Mine was 5 hours I was first round too

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

Mine was 5 hours I was first round too

They say up to 42 days lol..

• Advertisement

Quote: Bieber11
    How long did it take everyone to receive their POE after the submitted, it looks like it didn't take as long as they said it would

3 days for me. 3/4 days seems to be average. They're not messing around in the Cic :D

Skalragg wrote: »
    They say up to 42 days lol..

YUp but it varies a bit . I was just lucky I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 15 animal2012

Hi can anybody tell me the likelihood of me being offered a place on the IEC program this year. I am on the waiting list and my world tracking number ends in 8029. Which is almost 400 places off the quota, I know people will cancel etc, but if anybody has any previous experience on this waiting list id be really glad to hear from you thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

not sure if this has been asked before but i searched and couldnt find it anything.

on the digital photo i have a passport photo/selfie scanned. if i upload it and its successful,is that okay then? even though it wont be the right specs? because when i scanned it my pic is tiny up in the top right corner,should i crop it?

animal2012 wrote: »
    Hi can anybody tell me the likelihood of me being offered a place on the IEC program this year. I am on the waiting list and my world tracking number ends in 8029. Which is almost 400 places off the quota, I know people will cancel etc, but if anybody has any previous experience on this waiting list id be really glad to hear from you thanks!
    Hope 400 people don't get through or whatever really sadly to say you could be waiting a while to hear

Hi can anybody tell me the likelihood of me being offered a place on the IEC program this year. I am on the waiting list and my world tracking number ends in 8029. Which is almost 400 places off the quota, I know people will cancel etc, but if anybody has any previous experience on the iec waiting list id be really glad to hear from you thanks!

Faith in relation to the above post from another thread im really not asking anyone to predict the future, im just asking if anybody has an idea of the number of people they take from the waiting list!!

So if anybody does know then I would be greatful, thanks!!

Hi can anybody tell me the likelihood of me being offered a place on the IEC program this year. I am on the waiting list and my world tracking number ends in 8029. Which is almost 400 places off the quota, I know people will cancel etc, but if anybody has any previous experience on the iec waiting list id be really glad to hear from you thanks!

Could you repeat that? :p

No ones gonna answer you if you if just keep posting the same thing. You will just have to wait as said above . Plus no one will know it depends on how many drop out as said . So you can't predict the future

alexsmith wrote: »
    not sure if this has been asked before but i searched and couldnt find it anything.

on the digital photo i have a passport photo/selfie scanned. if i upload it and its successful,is that okay then? even though it wont be the right specs? because when i scanned it my pic is tiny up in the top right corner,should i crop it?

Have you used this site? > http://www.idphoto4you.com

If you select Canada visa single photo it'll crop photo for you, you just need to adjust position.

• Advertisement

"Do i need a police cert from ireland?" Actual question on FB page earlier.

Should be shot in the face .harsh I know but come on Jesus lol

Have you used this site? > http://www.idphoto4you.com

If you select Canada visa single photo it'll crop photo for you, you just need to adjust position.

cheers. nearly there

alexsmith wrote: »
    cheers. nearly there

You can do eet!

You can do eet!

just submitted all my docs there.LETS DO THIS THANG!

Does anyone no do they send your medical results out to or do you have to request them from the CIC as it states on the sheet they gave me that the hosp i went to cant answer any of my question once they have sent them to CIC?

Did you find answer on Facebook yet?I seen this comment earlier
    "They give you the form for proof when your medical is complete and they also send an electronic copy to the relevent CIC people" she said you upload proof you got medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Aw don't start about the fb page. The Irish one is ridiculous at the minute. Littered with questions. I'm getting a fb notification every minute of somebody requesting to join the page. I must have added 30 people today!

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Aw don't start about the fb page. The Irish one is ridiculous at the minute. Littered with questions. I'm getting a fb notification every minute of somebody requesting to join the page. I must have added 30 people today!

Oh are you in charge of it, torture! I unfollowed the groups cause they were clogging up my Newsfeed! Still a member so I can gawk :p

which one exactly el dor must have a look must have a look .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Oh are you in charge of it, torture! I unfollowed the groups cause they were clogging up my Newsfeed! Still a member so I can gawk tongue.png

I'm one of the Admins.. Torture indeed.
    which one exactly el dor must have a look must have a look .

Irish IEC 2014 page bud!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/315057335299644/

Advertisement