Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

Hi, for the family form, is it just mother,father, children and spouse you have to include?. I thought you had to include brothers and sisters, but cannot find the section anywhere?!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Raymo1993

I have it set up and all da question I have done. Then it say I have to pick wat I want to do next

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Right well first thing you need is a Checklist Code so start going through the first Questionnaire process. In the drop down box select "Work Permit" and go through the process answering questions ect. Once you see the Checklist code on your screen, write it down or take a shot of it on your phone so you don't lose it!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/apply_online.asp

Once you get your Checklist Code, Register for a new CIC Account by clicking on "Continue to GCKey". A new page will load where you can click on Register!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp#login

When you get the Account setup and logged in, under "What would you like to do today?" you can start the Application Process. It's the very first one. Ignore the Eligibility Number and Healthcare Program ones underneath it!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Raymo1993

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Right well first thing you need is a Checklist Code so start going through the first Questionnaire process. In the drop down box select "Work Permit" and go through the process answering questions ect. Once you see the Checklist code on your screen, write it down or take a shot of it on your phone so you don't lose it!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/apply_online.asp

Once you get your Checklist Code, Register for a new CIC Account by clicking on "Continue to GCKey". A new page will load where you can click on Register!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp#login

When you get the Account setup and logged in, under "What would you like to do today?" you can start the Application Process. It's the very first one. Ignore the Eligibility Number and Healthcare Program ones underneath it!

Where is the questionnaire I have to do

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Read what I said above and click on the first link I posted If you haven't got the Checklist code yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Raymo1993 wrote: »
    Where is the questionnaire I have to do

Google "come to canada wizard"
    That's the questionnaire. Completing it gives you a code. Then enter this code in your my cic account to generate the list of required documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

Sacramento wrote: »
    Ah cool! Well hopefully there's no problem with me including the extra info....

Yeah I'm doing the same thing- my employer gave me a job promotion which starts next Tuesday, for a 14 month contract. I didnt have it on my resume as I haven't done the job yet, I couldn't see the harm in submitting it, it just shows I have guaranteed employment once I reactivate my visa.

Just got the phantom "Your application has been updated" there myself. No message when I logged in though. At least I know I'm not the only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Just got the phantom "Your application has been updated" there myself. No message when I logged in though. At least I know I'm not the only one!

so i'm not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 duffman44

allanb49 wrote: »
    so i'm not the only one.

Got it to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭JamHn

I havent got one yet but at least Ill know its nothing when it does happen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Just got my 2nd one! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

guest124 wrote: »
    Just got my 2nd one! :O

Ditto 18:21.

GrumPy wrote: »
    Ditto 18:21.

18.24, you win :p

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

ok so after i get the POE etc can you just book flights and leg it or what?

alexsmith wrote: »
    ok so after i get the POE etc can you just book flights and leg it or what?

You'll need travel insurance and at least 2500 in a bank account, with proof of both at Canadian immigration when you land, and assuming you have that already; sure - you can fly tomorrow if you got your POE today for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

You'll need travel insurance and at least 2500 in a bank account, with proof of both at Canadian immigration when you land, and assuming you have that already; sure - you can fly tomorrow if you got your POE today for example.

yeah il have about 3500/4000 euro in my account before i head away so shouldnt be any worries,insurance will be no problem too. Only booking a one way flight also....still have to upload all my docs etc for stage 2 lol haha

just havnt heard of much people starting threads with : IM OFF WOOHOO!

Visa approved! A HUGE thank you to everyone who helped me 1)with application and 2)keep my sh*t together! So excited! Not going until Feb 2015 but its such a relief to be able to relax and plan now.

Sent mycic Thursday 10.30ish
    Update email Friday 11.30 and today (Sunday) at 6.25
    Poe at 11.17 :)

Visa approved! A HUGE thank you to everyone who helped me 1)with application and 2)keep my sh*t together! So excited! Not going until Feb 2015 but its such a relief to be able to relax and plan now.

11.17 as in, 23:17? Congrats! Might see you on the plane, I don't intend to travel until around that time either. :D What's the exact expiry date on the POE?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

Congrats! :)

• Advertisement

11.17 as in, 23:17? Congrats! Might see you on the plane, I don't intend to travel until around that time either. :D What's the exact expiry date on the POE?

Yup! As in 20 minutes ago. 30th March 2015.

Yup! As in 20 minutes ago. 30th March 2015.

Cool, thanks! :) Kinda hoping mine is late processing, so I have a few precious extra weeks to travel. :pac: Where are you heading to?

Cool, thanks! :) Kinda hoping mine is late processing, so I have a few precious extra weeks to travel. :pac: Where are you heading to?

Yeah I wasn't planning on applying until next month but I got nervous and wanted to get the stress out of the way. Been thinking Vancouver for 2 years now but I'm hearing its tough there so Im unsure now.definitely BC or Alberta anyway. You?

Yeah I wasn't planning on applying until next month but I got nervous and wanted to get the stress out of the way. Been thinking Vancouver for 2 years now but I'm hearing its tough there so Im unsure now.definitely BC or Alberta anyway. You?

Yeah, same haha! I dunno if I could have waited a few weeks to submit the CIC stage... I'd be tempted every day to hit submit, so I just did it asap really. :P
    Initially thought Toronto, but I like the sound of Vancouver now, and I'd rather constant rain, than regular snow to be honest. :pac:

Yeah, same haha! I dunno if I could have waited a few weeks to submit the CIC stage... I'd be tempted every day to hit submit, so I just did it asap really. :P
    Initially thought Toronto, but I like the sound of Vancouver now, and I'd rather constant rain, than regular snow to be honest. :pac:

Yeah! I find walking in the rain to be relaxing but hate extreme cold so vancouver weather is a winner for me. The other big pull towards Van is the beaches. Im a beach bum but then I think, Ive basically lived on a beach all my life, time to try something new!

Congrats!!!!! :D

When you are going to Canada and you need to show your bank balance on a statement, is it okay to just print off the statement yourself and use that?

JamHn wrote: »
    When you are going to Canada and you need to show your bank balance on a statement, is it okay to just print off the statement yourself and use that?

Yup! Has to be under week old I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Loblox

Quick question, filling in the stuff now, the only application form is for an application made outside Canada. I'm currently in Canada. Did I screw up somewhere in the questionnaire (I marked passport as Irish and current residence as Canada, which is correct), or is that the only option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 leechris007

hey I done the CIC I submitted everything but I for got to put my Australian police clearance in.What should I do?I emailed them but no reply.

Advertisement