Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CitySlicker99

EI-DOR wrote: »
    I got my CAL on Saturday. (15th Day)!

Thanks EI-DOR. Again, settles the nerves a wee bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Faith wrote: »
    People who've gone into garda stations for their clearance cert - did you just walk up to the desk and present everything? Did you include a SAE?

I included an SAE, and had to fill out a simple form. Got the actual cert ten days later. My friend just walked in, showed his passport and driving license, and popped in the next day and collected it. It's completely random and depends on the station, and very much the officer that deals with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mossy14

Faith wrote: »
    People who've gone into garda stations for their clearance cert - did you just walk up to the desk and present everything? Did you include a SAE?

I brought a copy of my passport, drivers licence and a written letter as to the situation that i needed it urgently.. also bring a stamped self address envelope. They give you a form to fill out do that there in the station and hand all the papers back to them. I got my cert within 8 days 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

GrumPy wrote: »
    I included an SAE, and had to fill out a simple form. Got the actual cert ten days later. My friend just walked in, showed his passport and driving license, and popped in the next day and collected it. It's completely random and depends on the station, and very much the officer that deals with you.

The time it takes depends on if you are applying directly to the district headquarters or not as that's where the certs are dealt with. I wasn't, but it only took less than a week.

All you should need is a SAE, copy of your passport and details of addresses you have lived at in Ireland. If the garda insists on extra, leave and come back where they are off duty to get another garda to deal with as those things are all you should need.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

I got my Garda check sorted via Email. Sent a Passport Scan, Proof of Address, stated I needed it for Canada on Thursday night. Got the check in the post yesterday!

• Advertisement

RichFTW wrote: »
    The time it takes depends on if you are applying directly to the district headquarters or not as that's where the certs are dealt with. I wasn't, but it only took less than a week.

All you should need is a SAE, copy of your passport and details of addresses you have lived at in Ireland. If the garda insists on extra, leave and come back where they are off duty to get another garda to deal with as those things are all you should need.

"District Headquarters" is likely for vetting, NOT a certificate of character. The superintendent/ officer in charge on the day can sign and stamp for you no problem. Vetting is NOT required (except maybe for jobs with kids) and that's managed centrally from Tipperary.

Cert != Vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

"District Headquarters" is likely for vetting, NOT a certificate of character. The superintendent/ officer in charge on the day can sign and stamp for you no problem. Vetting is NOT required (except maybe for jobs with kids) and that's managed centrally from Tipperary.

Cert != Vetting

nope district hq has nothing to do with vetting at all grumpy
    your police cert is signed by your district superintendent . your local gardai station might not be be your district hq so it be sent to the district hq were the superintendent is based ,then it be then sent back to you

nope district hq has nothing to do with vetting at all grumpy
    your police cert is signed by your district superintendent . your local gardai station might not be be your district hq but its were the superintendent is based so it be sent to the district hq were it be then sent back to you

Oh ok, mine and my friends where just signed by whoever is highest up the ladder in our local stations! (Different stations altogether)

Oh ok, mine and my friends where just signed by whoever is highest up the ladder in our local stations! (Different stations altogether)

yeah chances are your local station was a district hq then but i cant see there being any issue either onces its stamped and signed who cares lol

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Cert != Vetting

I'm in Clare, went to the local station and was told that they were dealt with centrally at the district headquarters, which is Ennis so it had to be sent there.

Never asked for a vetting document and I got the clearance cert, which is the same as the one a poster put up here before. The garda FAQ says that the superintendent in charge of the district wherein they reside has to sign it; which was happened with my case anyway.

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=2742&Lang=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 hoppy2014

Please quote this reference number when referring to this application.

did anyone else get this in their cic message for the IMM5739

March-28-2014 09:50:26 AM EDT March-28-2014 09:56:46 AM EDT

anyone submit their application after that and have received their POE ????

just for curiosity???

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

hoppy2014 wrote: »
    Please quote this reference number when referring to this application.

did anyone else get this in their cic message for the IMM5739

March-28-2014 09:50:26 AM EDT March-28-2014 09:56:46 AM EDT

anyone submit their application after that and have received their POE ????

just for curiosity???

I applied 27th. Poe 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 imspiffin1

Hi can everyone i have a question regarding my passport, mine is out of date on the 12th may 2016, i plan to fly 2 weeks after this date this year, can i get a new pasport and update the details in my kompass account , i have received my conditional letter of acceptance and have all documents ready in my CIC application apart from the application form which i have to enter my passport details in i know once i submit this i cant change the passport details so should i apply for a new passport , then change it in my kompass account ? if i can do that and then filled the new details into my CIC application ?

Got my POE about an hour ago. :) Kinda sorry I was over prepared, because it means have to be in Canada April 1st, 2015. Should have waited a few more weeks to maximize the time I have to save etc!
    Ah well, set in stone now, so something to look forward to! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 imspiffin1

Hi grumpy I've followed the first stage site since last December your posts made me laugh more than once , that thread kept me sane through the long wait ! Can you help with my above question I just need to confirm I can def do this , appreciate it Tanx

imspiffin1 wrote: »
    Passport Query

You can update your passport number afterwards as far as I know. Anyone else confirm? 95% sure.

You can update your passport number afterwards as far as I know. Anyone else confirm? 95% sure.

yeah as far as we know you can , you will have to update your passport number and you will have to bring both when you go to fly out to show them at immigration as far as im aware

No idea what to do with myself now that it's all over (paperwork anyway, worry about house and jobs next!)
    Think I'll go spam some lesser threads. :pac:

Best of luck to everyone waiting on their POE and thanks to all the contributors across both Stage 1 & Stage 2 threads. To those of you who refused to even read the POSTS ON THE PAGE THEY ARE VIEWING, ignored the FAQ, or/ and didn't read the official IEC page completely, you've aged me a good 3 years. I hope you're happy. (I also hope you get your visas, too. :))

I'm sure we can try arrange a drinks night, whether it be in Dublin pre-departure, or Toronto/Vancouver... wherever we end up. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hoppy2014

Got my poe as of 1 am yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeee!!!!!

Thank you to everyone for there help :)

See you all in toronto :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 duffman44

Got my Poe last night happy now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 duffman44

Gf got hers to 1am I got mine at 7am

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

Just got another phantom 'update' mail from CIC... Thought for a second they were gonna try to take my POE back! Printed it quickish!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

Only got the go ahead ( CAL ) late yesterday, while the questionare is straight forward and I have a garda cert and IEC letter ready . What other documents will I need.

Skalragg wrote: »
    Only got the go ahead ( CAL ) late yesterday, while the questionare is straight forward and I have a garda cert and IEC letter ready . What other documents will I need.

The questionnaire will tell you.

guest124 wrote: »
    The questionnaire will tell you.

ahh people still not reading the site ? shocker lol
    gonna be loads stupid questions again now that this round is open . and they say no question is a stupid one but sometimes they are .

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

gonna be loads stupid questions again now that this round is open . and they say no question is a stupid one but sometimes they are .

I wouldn't call my Q stupid when I'm in work and can't be opening Canadian Immigration website in front of other staff. People don't pay much attention if boards is open

Yip, lol. The CIC site has little blue question marks for EVERY document you need to upload. Just click the "?" and it'll tell you exactly what they want. Also, I know you're all trigger happy, nervous wrecks, but maybe use the search function if you can muster the patience before you go hammering away at a new post that's been asked a million times already?! :pac:

I feel an emptiness inside now that my application is over, I feel it's my duty to help. :p

I wouldn't call my Q stupid when I'm in work and can't be opening Canadian Immigration website in front of other staff. People don't pay much attention if boards is open

it wasnt aimed at you just genrally if people did a little more research or even used the search function your find the answer to most questions answered .

But you said questionnaire was straight forward? It tells you what you need when it is completed. Also, a simple Google search would have told you. We like to use the forum for questions that cannot be answered by a quick Google of 'Cic requirements', is all.

But sure if you really cannot be bothered:
    Photo
    Maybe medical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Bieber11

That last post was intense I'm almost afraid to ask a question 😊!
    I can't log onto the cic site and would like to get my passport photo scanned on the way home, is it as simple as getting it scanned onto a memory stick or is it more complicated. I read someone say it has to be 600dpi and I am not alone in not having a clue what that means cause I have asked a few people....any answers would be welcomed, thanks!!

Advertisement