Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most racist person you ever met.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

S.R. wrote: »
    I have never said that colour of skin has anything to do with being prone to crime. Please do not make up stories! As others I use words white and black to explain who I am talking about. I have to find some words for it, don't I? I can use words "people of european race" and "people of african race" if it suits u better.
    Talking about crime I take my example from USA. For example, Irish, Italian or Chinese immigrants had lived in very, very poor conditions for years, often they didn't speak English. Now, do u want to compare crime rates of Irish Americans, Italian Americans, Chinese Americans and African Americans?

The Irish didn't speak English?? Now I know the Kerry accent can be hard to understand but ..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

Thank you Friend Computer. You have saved me trawling back through the thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.R.

Hellooo, wake up please. Read my post above.
    I can say "people of european race" and "people of african race". Where is colour here? Hellooo?

Hellooo, wake up please. Read my post above.
    I can say "people of european race" and "people of african race". Where is colour here? Hellooo?

You said that blacks would have a higher crime rate than whites.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    The Irish didn't speak English?? Now I know the Kerry accent can be hard to understand but ..........

I said "often". And I did not mention only Irish. There are Italians and Chinese too. Please do not be smart. In school where u did learn to be smart I was a teacher. :D

• Advertisement

Please do not be smart. In school where u did learn to be smart I was a teacher. :D

i learnt to be smart by going to school that you didnt teach at :D

sopretty wrote: »
    You said that blacks would have a higher crime rate than whites.

They are having higher rate. Go to USA and ask police for numbers.
    And I never said it is coz of colour of their skin. Hellooooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

They are having higher rate. Go to USA and ask police for numbers.
    And I never said it is coz of colour of their skin. Hellooooo.

Then why is the figure significant?

Then why is the figure significant?

What do u mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

What do u mean?

If alleged black crime rates have nothing to do with the colour of their skin then why go on about them?

• Advertisement

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    i learnt to be smart by going to school that you didnt teach at :D

U learned nothing.
    I am sure u used books to roll cigarettes. :D

If alleged black crime rates have nothing to do with the colour of their skin then why go on about them?

Don't ask me. Ask those who started it. I don't even remember why and where it did start.

Oh, I am tired. Lets stop skin issue and go back to stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Why Italian Americans are bold? Are you a racist?

Historically, the Italian American demographic would have been seen as heavily involved in criminal activity (although its been somewhat romanticised by Hollywood, etc).

Again, the roots are the same as the reasons for the current crime demographics in the US - i.e. large portions of the Italian American community lived in severe poverty in the late 19th/early 20th century, usually in "ghetto"-like condensed urban environments.
    It doesn't mean that Italian-Americans are more predisposed to criminality, it means that their ethnic group was, at the time, concentrated in areas which had a higher propensity to criminal behaviour.

Look up the "Great Migration" of the early 20th to see the shift in African Americans from a largely rural population to a largely urban population.

The advent of housing projects through the 1950s and 1960s in the US resulted in a similar ghettoisation of the urban African-American poor, and has contributed hugely to the growth in crime rates from that demographic.

Similarly in Dublin today you'll see much higher instances of crime in Darndale than you do in Foxrock.

blackwhite wrote: »
    Historically, the Italian American demographic would have been seen as heavily involved in criminal activity (although its been somewhat romanticised by Hollywood, etc).

Again, the roots are the same as the reasons for the current crime demographics in the US - i.e. large portions of the Italian American community lived in severe poverty in the late 19th/early 20th century, usually in "ghetto"-like condensed urban environments.
    It doesn't mean that Italian-Americans are more predisposed to criminality, it means that their ethnic group was, at the time, concentrated in areas which had a higher propensity to criminal behaviour.

The advent of housing projects through the 1950s and 1960s in the US resulted in a similar ghettoisation of the urban African-American poor, and has contributed hugely to the growth in crime rates from that demographic.

Similarly in Dublin today you'll see much higher instances of crime in Darndale than you do in Foxrock.

Then why only Italians in bold? Irish used to be good gangsters too. :D
    Italian mafia are good. Without them we wouldn't have so many great films. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

S.R, enough trolling. Don't post in this thread again please.

I swear to God, I did not troll. But if u don't want me to post here - ok, no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

My cousins Dad. He used to bring us to school in the morning and one morning he saw a black person. He said "They should have had a wash this morning." He then laughed. I was like :eek:

Come to think of it, and it never dawned on me until this thread, we had a neighbour who must have been racist. My OH was his friend on facebook and called me one day to say 'look what yer man has just liked on FB'. It was a page on Facebook about Ku Klux Klan (sorry if spelling is off). I was like 'wtf?' I honestly thought that movement was dead and gone. I just told OH it's probably some joke or something. Never passed another bit of heed on it. This guy was from Czech Republic, and it appears, from posts on here anyway, that that neck of the woods ain't too keen on black people...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Have a friend who thinks its "funny" to post racist jokes on twitter to get retweets etc. (young people today etc etc).

• Advertisement

blackwhite wrote: »

Look up the "Great Migration" of the early 20th to see the shift in African Americans from a largely rural population to a largely urban population.

Please stop using logic and facts to get your point across :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Anyone, who is not from foreign country, whose ancestors lived in Ireland, who has Irish blood, who has Irish culture, who speaks Irish language (and please don't start about language).

I have a genuine question too. Are you calling my son Irish? Like, are u forcing him to be Irish only coz he was born in Ireland?
    There's something so Aryan-like about that post...it's disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I think people that call black or Asian people "Irish" are part of the problem, it infers that the persons other nationally is some how inferior to being Irish.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I think people that call black or Asian people "Irish" are part of the problem, it infers that the persons other nationally is some how inferior to being Irish.
    Huh? Are they not entitled to be Irish or something?

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Huh? Are they no entitled to be Irish or something?

if they hold an Irish passport of course they're entitled to call themselves Irish. But saying someones Irish instead of He's Nigerian implies that there's something wrong with the other guys nationality and I find that just as racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

if they hold an Irish passport of course they're entitled to call themselves Irish. But saying someones Irish instead of He's Nigerian implies that there's something wrong with the other guys nationality and I find that just as racist.

What about Irish-Nigerian?

If someone is happy to identify as Irish and they have Irish citizenship/passport, I fail to see the issue here.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    What about Irish-Nigerian?

They can call themselves whatever they want to I don't care.

I think this has gone from a discussion on racism to a discussion on how to define nationality. Anyway!

Racism to me, is assuming/presuming/thinking/asserting the fact that for e.g. (to drag one out of the air), that all things considered, and all things being equal, black people are going to be more likely to commit a crime than white people...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Vet Thrower

Zeebs wrote: »
    So growing up in a poor, working class area doesn't make the chance of that individual engaging in crime more likely???

I don't think you hear many D4 accents around Mountjoy.

If you think its bull**** maybe you should read the papers and look at the areas where most offenders come from, they will predominately be poor, working class areas. Thats a fact. So to say that social and economic disadvantages aren't the MAJOR cause of crime is complete and utter bull**** to use your phrase.

Correlation doesn't imply causation.

How do we know that the presence of large numbers of criminals in certain neighborhoods isn't the cause of the general poverty level? As the old saying goes, crime doesn't pay.

You can be sure if some teenagers in Dalkey started running wild, joyriding, housebreaking, dealing drugs and so on, that their parents and neighbours would take action to stamp out the problem pretty quickly.

But what happens in poor areas? Nothing.

In all bad areas, people say the same thing. "The vast majority of people here are law abiding and hard working. It's just a small handful of people who ruin it for everyone."

The real problem is that the "vast majority" have a duty to maintain standards in their areas, and they neglect that duty.

Advertisement