Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most racist person you ever met.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭Zeebs

S.R. wrote: »
    If we take 100 whites and 100 blacks from same poor areas I bet blacks would have higher crime rate. As someone said, others try to overcome disadvantages.

You are a racist.

One day I was told by black guy that he would not work for money I did work for. He said he better get social. This is example of overcoming disadvantages. I am not from rich family, but things like "no, I wouldn't work for such money" didn't cross my mind.

Even though this never happened, I suggest you take a trip to any council estate in the country to see the number of white Irish people living quite happily on benefits.

By the way you inferred I was black earlier, I am white. I just disagree with your idiotic beliefs and your made up stories that look like they were written by a 5 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

sopretty, please relax. I just try to look at issue form different angles.
    Try not to be a lunatic and learn about other places of world.
    Here ur citizenship means ur nationality, somewhere else it does not. There is citizenship and there is nationality. Do u understand what I mean?

And stop using "u r a racist" thing. I am not Irish, you won't intimidate me.

I am going to reply to this thread, despite my head telling me to walk away.
    1. I am not a lunatic.
    2. I have lived in 3 countries other than Ireland.
    3. I have engaged with multiple cultures on my travels.
    4. I take a huge interest in anthropology/just chatting to people.
    5. I am acutely aware of cultural divergences in various countries.
    6. I am aware of the difference between citizenship and nationality (I think the dogs on the street are aware of the difference!)
    7. How in God's name do you think I am 'intimidating' you?

Ya bollix. .

(Soooo going to be banned........)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.R.

Zeebs wrote: »
    You are a racist.

Let me think, let me think........
    O! U eat human flesh.
    Even though this never happened

If I have lied, then I die tonite! If no, then u die!
    I suggest you take a trip to any council estate in the country to see the number of white Irish people living quite happily on benefits.

Excuse me, but if I had "I will not work for that money" attitude while receiving social, especially in foreign country, then at least I would kept my mouth shut.
    By the way you inferred I was black earlier

Where?! Proof!
    I just disagree with your idiotic beliefs and your make up belief stories that look like they were written by a 5 year old

Wow, 100505 yo rocket scientist speaking here. Please, keep quiet.
    Making up stories is ur hobby, as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Karl from trim.

don't ban sopretty, please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

This thread has gone to ****...

irishmover wrote: »
    This thread has gone to ****...

My fault? OK, I am going to bed. Goodnite. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭35cent

Wouldn't automatically have passports I assume, could have automatic right to one maybe. I have a right to a UK passport despite neither parents living there for I think 15 years before I was born and I wouldn't call myself British. :P

Yep that sums it up. I'm entitled to a Nigerian passport despite my parents not living there for about 10 years before I was born but I don't have one.

sopretty, r u here? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭Zeebs

Excuse me, but if I had "I will not work for that money" attitude while receiving social, especially in foreign country, then at least I would kept my mouth shut.

Considering you receive social yourself maybe you should do likewise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭35cent

Anyway to answer the question of the thread (sorry about the mini derailment :P), some kid called me a n***** while I was in sherrif street when I was 12 after a football match. I just he was a wimp as he only had the balls to call me while he was way down the street and surrounded by his mates.

That was the only the only time I encountered racism, but then again I'm a fairly big lad so that might have something to do with it.

Considering you receive social yourself maybe you should do likewise.

Ha-ha, yes, receiving. Thanks to scientists like u, who destroyed economy and country.
    Don't be smart: I was not on social at the time.
    Is it all u can answer to my previous post?

35cent wrote: »
    Anyway to answer the question of the thread (sorry about the mini derailment :P), some kid called me a n***** while I was in sherrif street when I was 12 after a football match. I just he was a wimp as he only had the balls to call me while he was way down the street and surrounded by his mates.

That was the only the only time I encountered racism, but then again I'm a fairly big lad so that might have something to do with it.

Don't worry, I encountered racism too and believe me the colour of my skin is far from being black. :)
    But I have advantage over you: one day I will go back to my homeland and will happily live among my people without being racially abused, whereas you will stay here, which means you will always have a chance to encounter it again.

Finito, now really going to bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

sopretty, please relax. I just try to look at issue form different angles.
    Try not to be a lunatic and learn about other places of world.
    Here ur citizenship means ur nationality, somewhere else it does not. There is citizenship and there is nationality. Do u understand what I mean?

And stop using "u r a racist" thing. I am not Irish, you won't intimidate me.

You mightn`t be Irish but you`re definitely a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

I got into a taxi on o connel street to travel to phibsborough and the taxi driver, who was african, refused to take me as he didn't think it was far enough for him.

I told him it was illegal, and to take me on the journey I requested.

His response was "so what? I do not want to take you, you fu《king bitch."

Obviously I was extremely taken aback. I told him I took note of his taxi plate number and would be reporting him and he said "I don't give a fu《k bitch, I will say you called me a black n**ger".

I got straight out of the taxi and walked to the next car, where the driver had no problem taking me. This taxi driver was also african.

I told him the story and he said that your man forever does that if he gets a fare he doesnt want.

I didnt report it because I didnt want anything further to do with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Candie wrote: »
    Elderly neighbour of my friend: 'There's a black fella who works in Supervalu now, you know. I had to ask him where the beans where when there was no white workers around, and sure enough he knew where they were and all. Sure he's as good as a Polish or Chine-ee*'

Delivered in tones of genuine surprise.

*He thinks its the singular of Chinese - e.g. 2 Chinese, 1 Chine-ee
    That is golden hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

35cent wrote: »

Well, that's a fairly positive note in an otherwise utterly depressing thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,392 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Probably a Polish fella I used to work with, he made no secret that he hated blacks, he called a black guy a ****** to his face one day.

The guy just looked at him with a shocked expression, said nothing and walked away.

Probably a Polish fella I used to work with, he made no secret that he hated blacks, he called a black guy a ****** to his face one day.

The guy just looked at him with a shocked expression, said nothing and walked away.

Worked with three Polish people in three separate places (none of them knew each other). Great to get along with, easy going and genuinely nice people. But the second there was a mention of a black person or a black person was in the room their attitude would instantly change.

All three of them despised black people no matter who they were. I really couldn't understand it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,392 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

irishmover wrote: »
    Worked with three Polish people in three separate places (none of them knew each other). Great to get along with, easy going and genuinely nice people. But the second there was a mention of a black person or a black person was in the room their attitude would instantly change.

All three of them despised black people no matter who they were. I really couldn't understand it at all.

The guy I know seemed to hate Jews even more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Worked in a small Galway hotel and as lads do I talked football to the Lithuanian lad.

One mention of Abromovich and Chelsea and I'd get a long rant about Jews.

Now I know Abromovich has some dodgy dealings and he owns what the people of the USSR once owned, he's no saint for sure. The ranting was not about business or football, the owner of Chelsea is a Jew and he hated all Jews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

No doubt there are some terribly racist people in Ireland, but there is a lot of what you could call "curiosity racism" I suppose, just people with a lack of familiarity with people of non-caucasian backgrounds. That's not trying to leave some people off the hook, if they use offensive terms to describe people, that's not acceptable obviously.

I worked in London a few years back and was working construction with an older Irish man who, when a lot of Albanians started working on the same project was prone to calling them "mussies" "F*cking Bosnians" and various other inaccurate slurs...but he treated them fairly, in fact when they were getting less than what they were owed in wages, he personally rang one of the bosses to give him an earful and get it sorted, which it was. I don't think a lot of people would have done that. He'd regularly go for a drink with them after work and behave normally around them, apart from constantly referring to them in the uncouth manner he did..I guess this is an isolated example of what I mean, but I just think there's some inbuilt trigger that makes Irish peopl e fear foreign or strange people, maybe it's evolutionary due to all the outside interference in our country over the years or maybe it's something else, I don't know.

Personally have never met people as racist as the Chinese..being serious here. Outside of maybe Shanghai and Beijing, they are unbelievably hostile to outsiders. Could tell a lot of first hand stories to illustrate this.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Worked in a small Galway hotel and as lads do I talked football to the Lithuanian lad.

One mention of Abromovich and Chelsea and I'd get a long rant about Jews.

Now I know Abromovich has some dodgy dealings and he owns what the people of the USSR once owned, he's no saint for sure. The ranting was not about business or football, the owner of Chelsea is a Jew and he hated all Jews.

I'm guessing he doesn't support Tottenham so..

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭clarbar

I ve encountered a few racial incidents I'm mixed race Irish/Asian btw when i was 17 on transition year a sub teacher came in and since i was only well different race in the class she started to speak very slowly to me asked if i could speak english and offered mr chocolate because i wouldnt been used to it , she got a shock when she heard my accent and worked in supermacs when I was 18 had a old man about 60ish come up to me and started showing pictures of his Thai wife and then started to ask if I would be interested in marrying his friend so that I could stay in Ireland permanently ,

Lastly had my daughter 3 months ago after givibg birth a midwife was helping me weigh my daughter and asked over and over where was i from and that ireland wasnt where i really was from and then patted me on the back saying " how did you end up getting yourself an irish man arent you lucky "

So annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,725 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

My dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Acedia.

I have an elderly infirm neighbour who gets holy communion brought to her house every week by the local canon.
    One week she told me that she was very put out because the canon was gone and the parish had replaced him with "a wallawallawumba".That was a new one on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

An elderly relative of mine (now deceased) used to refer to black people as "darkies", it wasn't out of hatred or anything though. Makes me laugh.

I always think of Monty Python when I see that word. Never imagined people used it in reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Acedia. wrote: »
    I have an elderly infirm neighbour who gets holy communion brought to her house every week by the local canon.
    One week she told me that she was very put out because the canon was gone and the parish had replaced him with "a wallawallawumba".That was a new one on me.

New on me too. "Balluba", or the far rarer "bashi bazouk" I've heard (though ballubas was actually always applied to a pack of rowdy lads, rather than coloured folk). "Shan mohangi" is one that the Indian/Pakistani community still probably have to look up the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

Mrs Carberry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

How innocent are kids.
    Woman I was working for told me last Sept, her young boy was starting school. When collecting him, she asked if any of the kids were sad .
    Child says, "No mammy, but some of the chocolate boys were crying".

Advertisement