Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most racist person you ever met.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

TeaMp0isoN wrote: »
    Are you saying then they are not. Have you been reading up on genetics? Not all black & white genetics surely.

No, I have not been reading up on human genetics. I am wondering whether anyone might have some sound genetic basis to back up the notion of white supremacy over blacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

sopretty wrote: »
    No, I have not been reading up on human genetics. I am wondering whether anyone might have some sound genetic basis to back up the notion of white supremacy over blacks.

Who said anything about that?:confused: I'll leave you guys to it as this is becoming surreal. Have fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Oranage2 wrote: »
    if they hold an Irish passport of course they're entitled to call themselves Irish. But saying someones Irish instead of He's Nigerian implies that there's something wrong with the other guys nationality and I find that just as racist.
    Oranage2 wrote: »
    My point relates to Irish people calling their mixed raced or different race friend 'Irish' and failing to recognize the other persons nationality/race, as if being Irish is superior to the persons other race/nationality.
    If someone had an Irish passport, was raised in Ireland and spoke with an Irish accent, I would automatically refer to them as Irish unless they asked to be called something else. I think taking it upon yourself to call someone Nigerian-Irish or Chinese-Irish is far more offensive as it implies that they are only half Irish. What if someone has Nigerian and Chinese parents but were born and raised in Ireland? Do we call them Nigerian-Chinese-Irish or would it be racist to put the Nigerian part ahead of the Chinese part?

I really hope Ireland doesn't go down the American route of Irish-this and Irish-that, as it only causes long term social divides. There seems to be an undercurrent where people don't want to be American but want to be something-American. Even after a few generations they still won't refer to themselves as American. It's like American is seen as white and being white is uncool. I find the whole thing very bizarre.

Here is a clip of Jessica Alba getting the hump because she is told she is 87% white.

Imagine if someone was that disappointed to be told they were mostly black? It would be an outrage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I knew of a girl who wouldn't use a litre of milk that her flatmate bought because she bought it in a shop run by black people :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 TeaMp0isoN

I am not sure about the above advise to go look at those metro findings but even if they are true, then i still don't buy white supremacy although i don't see how the original intentions of these ideas we have been sharing correlates to white supremacy , maybe you've got a better eye for it than i have, I'm not sure any facts would make me buy supreme supremacy of one race over the other. Should these facts persuade others of galactic supreme supremacy of one race over another shouldn't we disallow such gathering of information & how do we really end racism & get along.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

They don't, because there isn't such a basis, despite years of trying by some hard-core racists. Don't be fooled by any crank studies that anyone links to. They're all complete and total bollocks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭Zeebs

Pug160 wrote: »
    It's not an opinion, it's Metropolitan Police statistics. I have posted them before. It's Friday night and I can't really be bothered Googling that stuff tonight. It's there if you search.

Because a larger proportion of Black Londoners live in poor areas compared to white Londoners.

Nothing to do with their genetics making them more predispositioned to crime.

Heres a question, why is there more, per capita, whites locked up in Irish jails compared to blacks?
    I suppose that means that white Irish are more genetically likely to commit crimes than black africans under your theory?
    (emphasis on per capita btw)

They don't, because there isn't such a basis, despite years of trying by some hard-core racists. Don't be fooled by any crank studies that anyone links to. They're all complete and total bollocks.

Lol, I don't need to filter what I read on this issue. My questions are rhetorical. Thanks for the support though! White guy!!!

"If someone had an Irish passport, was raised in Ireland and spoke with an Irish accent, I would automatically refer to them as Irish unless they asked to be called something else. I think taking it upon yourself to call someone Nigerian-Irish or Chinese-Irish is far more offensive as it implies that they are only half Irish. What if someone has Nigerian and Chinese parents but were born and raised in Ireland? Do we call them Nigerian-Chinese-Irish or would it be racist to put the Nigerian part ahead of the Chinese part?"

Your thinking way too much/deeply on this paddycow...don't you all think so?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

It's not an opinion, it's Metropolitan Police statistics. I have posted them before. It's Friday night and I can't really be bothered Googling that stuff tonight. It's there if you search.

Speaking of crime stats, are the majority of people in Irish prisons white or black?

• Advertisement

Zeebs wrote: »
    Because a larger proportion of Black Londoners live in poor areas compared to white Londoners.

Heres a question, why is there more, per capita, whites locked up in Irish jails compared to blacks?
    I suppose that means that white Irish are more genetically likely to commit crimes than black africans under your theory?

First off it wasn't his theory.Sopretty conjured that beauty on genetics & to answer that question we need to determine if supremacy can get a foot hold on the final outcome of such a study & guess what they would do with that information.What do you think supremacists would do with that information if it was in their favor? Nasty things very nasty things what do you think.

First off it wasn't his theory.Sopretty conjured that beauty on genetics & to answer that question we need to determine if supremacy can get a foot hold on the final outcome of such a study & guess what they would do with that information.What do you think supremacists would do with that information if it was in their favor? Nasty things very nasty things what do you think.

I have read this post 5 times lol, to try to get a grasp on what is being said. I'm none the wiser!!!

You're comparing Ireland (which has a relatively small number of ethnic minorities) to London? Really? That comparison is laughable. I'm also not sure what theory you think I'm backing. There are a lot of native English in London who are in poverty too. Not as many as the black community proportionately, but the overall population indicates that black people are probably more likely to commit a crime than another person on the poverty line, native or otherwise. Also, I never said anything about genetics. Do you bother to read the posts? Finally, there are so few black people in Ireland that I doubt any statistics would be significant.

black people are probably more likely to commit a crime than another person on the poverty line, native or otherwise.

You're serious like?

You actually believe this?

Honest to God Moderators - there are women and men who died for equality and justice. What's that lady's name on the bus? Something Sparks? Nelson Mandela? Martin Luther King?
    Please, this sort of discourse, cannot be allowed to continue on an Irish website.

Other minorities have faced hardship and succeeded in greater numbers.

Why are these people not as successful?

Honest to God Moderators - there are women and men who died for equality and justice. What's that lady's name on the bus? Something Sparks? Nelson Mandela? Martin Luther King?
    Please, this sort of discourse, cannot be allowed to continue on an Irish website.

Rosa Parks.

Come on, let the fools spout their hatred and ignorance. Its fun poking holes in their arguments and "logic". :D

Overreact much? I've read infinitely less politically correct forums on African websites & anyway to call for a closed thread over this is getting this us no where.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Icepick

Just to correct you, Homo Sapien refers only to Humans. Apes are not Homo Sapiens and we are not apes. In fact, we were never actually apes. We just share a common ancestry with apes.

We are collectively referred to as Hominidae
    Just to correct you, Hominidae is part of the Apes superfamily.

• Advertisement

People don't want to hear it because it messes with their ideology. It's also a dangerous topic because certain right wingers and the far right have an agenda and want to stir up trouble. That leaves a delicate and in some cases taboo issue but I don't feel the need to brush it under the carpet. It's a casual discussion anyway, so there is no need for people in these threads to get so animated. Should we only discuss certain issues behind closed doors with a few friends over beers? Is that an unwritten rule?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Yeah, well in my house we call that song 'Ivory' - White supremacist caller on BBC Radio 4's "Down the Line".

People don't want to hear it because it messes with their ideology. It's also a dangerous topic because certain right wingers and the far right have an agenda and want to stir up trouble. That leaves a delicate and in some cases taboo issue but I don't feel the need to brush it under the carpet. It's a casual discussion anyway, so there is no need for people in these threads to get so animated. Should we only discuss certain issues behind closed doors with a few friends over beers? Is that an unwritten rule?

What is the 'it' that people don't want to hear?

What!?! White people commit crime!!!!!!! But........ but........ but............ they're WHITE!!!!! Oh my god. What sort of world is this??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

This data is for the USA. Look at some of the percentages here. Black people make up 12% of the population in America. Yet account for 50% of arrests for murder/manslaughter and 54% of arrests for robbery. I don't know what the reasons for this are i'll leave others to comment on that. But they are the facts. There is a problem somewhere.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/43tabledatadecoverviewpdf

You're comparing Ireland (which has a relatively small number of ethnic minorities) to London? Really? That comparison is laughable. I'm also not sure what theory you think I'm backing. There are a lot of native English in London who are in poverty too. Not as many as the black community proportionately, but the overall population indicates that black people are probably more likely to commit a crime than another person on the poverty line, native or otherwise. Also, I never said anything about genetics. Do you bother to read the posts? Finally, there are so few black people in Ireland that I doubt any statistics would be significant.

LOL I put 'per capita'

and then I put it again at the end 'emphasis on per capita'

Do you know what per capita means?

woodoo wrote: »
    This data is for the USA. Look at some of the percentages here. Black people make up 12% of the population in America. Yet account for 50% of arrests for murder/manslaughter and 54% of arrests for robbery. I don't know what the reasons for this are i'll leave others to comment on that. But they are the facts. There is a problem somewhere.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/43tabledatadecoverviewpdf

What percentage of the black population live in ghettos compared to white?

woodoo wrote: »

So what none of this really matters outside of america & london. Here in Ireland there is no big issue with african crime so whats the real issue, really what is it?

LOL I put 'per capita'

and then I put it again at the end 'emphasis on per capita'

Do you know what per capita means?

I do yes. That's why I said that there are so few in Ireland it's statistically irrelevant and not at all comparable to parts of the UK and US. It's so ridiculous I wasn't even sure if you were serious at first.

• Advertisement

So what none of this really matters outside of america & london. Here in Ireland there is no big issue with african crime so whats the real issue, really what is it?

It's those white Irish we need to be concerned about.

Advertisement