Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most racist person you ever met.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.R.

AnScamall wrote: »
    S.R has got to be one of the biggest Racists that I have come across in a while

Liar!

crockholm wrote: »
    The median age for AA is 31 years old-someone born in 1983,who left high school in the late 90s-early 2000s,finished college sometime around 2004-2006,Jim Crow it aint.

Furthermore,yes the Irish were enslaved at the same time the Africans were- in the early 1600s Barbary pirates sailed to Baltimore in west Cork,killed many and took others captive and sold them into slavery in North Africa along with other unfortunate Icelanders who suffered the same fate.We have Little of no evidence of their fate thereafter.

After that,towards the end of that Century Irish people were shipped off to the carribbean as slaves,(indentured servants were sent to the East coast of the US)

The prison ships to Australia,while not slavery per se,but a damn Close to it

No, no, what r u talking about? Irish don't count.

El Guapo! wrote: »
    S.R, either you back up your posts with hard evidence or stop talking nonsense.
    Anecdotal evidence isn't enough to substantiate your claims and they just smack of sheer racism. Either back it up, or take it elsewhere please.

What post? Tell me exactly what post r u talking about?

Cydoniac wrote: »
    We have Irish people of many different ethnic backgrounds

Give example please.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

S.R. wrote: »
    What post? Tell me exactly what post r u talking about?

The one I quoted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Give example please.
    What? Are you saying you have to be white to be Irish? This is such a disappointing attitude to have. I suggest you educate yourself and hop into the 21st century with the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Zeebs wrote: »
    Care to tell me what other minorities have overcome slavery and instutitional racism within 40 years?

I am genuinely intersted in this.

You also then have to remember that quickly after Civils Rights movement there was War on Drugs that was and still quite discrimmintory - eg cocaine and crack holdin different sentences

But we getting of topic

Usual racism ****e you hear is gob****es drunk in a kebab place

wprathead wrote: »
    You also then have to remember that quickly after Civils Rights movement there was War on Drugs that was and still quite discrimmintory - eg cocaine and crack holdin different sentences
    The War on Drugs is shocking...each drug being make illegal n an attempt to get rid of a certain minority group the US didn't like and attempting to damage their image.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭35cent

Give example please.

My brothers and sister were born and raised in Ireland and we're black :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

The FF/FG/Labour/EU axis of weasel. Anti-Irish racists the lot of them.

• Advertisement

Cydoniac wrote: »
    What? Are you saying you have to be white to be Irish? This is such a disappointing attitude to have. I suggest you educate yourself and hop into the 21st century with the rest of us.

Sorry for disappointing you. Tomorrow I will. No doubt. :D

35cent wrote: »
    My brothers and sister were born and raised in Ireland and we're black :)

And where is ur family from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Zeebs wrote: »
    Mate you must be having a laugh, were the Irish enslaved and lawfully lynched?

The Irish suffered discrimination. Africans were imprisoned and worked as slaves for whites. They were routinely raped, beaten and killed without any consequences.

And you want to compare that with an Irish man being called a ****ing paddy in London in the 80s?

You my friend are comedy gold. Such hilarious opinions :o

I think things were a little worse for the Irish than being called paddy in London. The Irish were sent to the Caribbean as slaves.

Nigeria originally.

Give example please.

Here's one for ya. https://www.newstalk.ie/shows/47.305.363/21093/0/
    There's also some Jews who would consider that as part of their ethnicity and it doesn't take too long to look at musicians and sportsmen to find others.

Nigeria originally.

So ur family is from Nigeria, they are Nigerians, but ur brothers are Irish coz they were born in Ireland?

woodoo wrote: »
    I think things were a little worse for the Irish than being called paddy in London. The Irish were sent to the Caribbean as slaves.

Oh no, please, I have already said that Irish slaves don't count. Please be politically correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

So ur family is from Nigeria, they are Nigerians, but ur brothers are Irish coz they were born in Ireland?

Obviously! Is this lad for real?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Obviously! Is this lad for real?
    Some people won't accept being born in a country makes you a citizen of that country.
    Those lads are both Irish and Nigerian.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Stupid. Racist.

Hey that's what every Irish person I've met said to my siblings and I.

Some people won't accept being born in a country makes you a citizen of that country.

Think it's up to them if they want to call themselves Nigerian tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Eh didn't a referendum a few years back assign the parent's nationality on the child rather than the birth country? I dunno to me the country where one is raised tends to define one's nationality rather than where their mother happened to be when she gave birth or what nationality the mother had but I digress...

Hey that's what every Irish person I've met said to my siblings and I.

It's strange that they are Irish.
    My son was born in Ireland, but he is not Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Think it's up to them if they want to call themselves Nigerian tbh.
    Are they not automatically Nigerian also because of parentage, and would they not automatically have Nigerian passports? Genuine question - I'm not too clued-in on the whole nationality thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

There is a difference is questioning a person's reasons for becoming Irish and being racist.

I find it difficult to understand the 'colour of your skin' issue. Like seriously????????????

SR is clearly a racist in my opinion.

Are they not automatically Nigerian also because of parentage, and would they not automatically have Nigerian passports? Genuine question - I'm not too clued-in on the whole nationality thing.
    Wouldn't automatically have passports I assume, could have automatic right to one maybe. I have a right to a UK passport despite neither parents living there for I think 15 years before I was born and I wouldn't call myself British. :P

sopretty, please relax. I just try to look at issue form different angles.
    Try not to be a lunatic and learn about other places of world.
    Here ur citizenship means ur nationality, somewhere else it does not. There is citizenship and there is nationality. Do u understand what I mean?

And stop using "u r a racist" thing. I am not Irish, you won't intimidate me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

To take the example of a child born in Dublin to Nigerian parents what I think happens is that the parents are entitled to apply for a Nigerian passport for the child based on their nationality.

Advertisement