Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most racist person you ever met.

Options
  • 06-03-2014 10:49am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

There was this guy in secondary school who was always coming out with racist comments and this was in the late 80s early 90s when there were virtually no black people in Ireland.On the monday after the boxer Floyd Patterson was interviewed on the Late Late by Gaybo he was saying did you see that ****** on with Gaybo?In more recent times there was a fella in work who had spent time in Australia who insisted that Aborigines were half ape and that they had a habit of killing people in the outback and eating them and i don't think he was joking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I'm not racist I just don't like blacks :) joke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Fr Ted Crilly.

An awful racist guy towards the Chinese .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

I met a stripper once. Very racy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Just to correct you, they're all ape, as are all homo sapiens.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Father Ted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭billie1b

A black woman I had to deal with in work, called my co-worker and myself all the white trash names you can think of, even hit me with her passport and then threw it at me but according to her we were the racists. They've some chip on their shoulders

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Ush1 wrote: »
    Just to correct you, they're all ape, as are all homo sapiens.

Just to correct you, Homo Sapien refers only to Humans. Apes are not Homo Sapiens and we are not apes. In fact, we were never actually apes. We just share a common ancestry with apes.

We are collectively referred to as Hominidae

Elderly neighbour of my friend: 'There's a black fella who works in Supervalu now, you know. I had to ask him where the beans where when there was no white workers around, and sure enough he knew where they were and all. Sure he's as good as a Polish or Chine-ee*'

Delivered in tones of genuine surprise.

*He thinks its the singular of Chinese - e.g. 2 Chinese, 1 Chine-ee

billie1b wrote: »
    A black woman I had to deal with in work, called my co-worker and myself all the white trash names you can think of, even hit me with her passport and then threw it at me but according to her we were the racists. They've some chip on their shoulders

Ah, the major extrapolation bias indication.

And so soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Who? Women?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

You've taken the actions of one woman and used it to tar an entire race. That's prejudice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Probably the South African I met in Bolivia who started to visibly shake with anger and spit violently with every word when she started talking about the "Blicks" in her country. Completely loo-la.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

darkdubh wrote: »
    There was this guy in secondary school who was always coming out with racist comments and this was in the late 80s early 90s when there were virtually no black people in Ireland.On the monday after the boxer Floyd Patterson was interviewed on the Late Late by Gaybo he was saying did you see that ****** on with Gaybo?In more recent times there was a fella in work who had spent time in Australia who insisted that Aborigines were half ape and that they had a habit of killing people in the outback and eating them and i don't think he was joking.
    Im not racist. The only race I hate is the one you have to run in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

A few years ago when getting a taxi the driver attempted to blame the bad Dublin City traffic on black people because, in his words, "all the cars were slowing down to look at them".

Probably the South African I met in Bolivia who started to visibly shake with anger and spit violently with every word when she started talking about the "Blicks" in her country. Completely loo-la.

I've had a very similar encounter with a SA guy I know. Won't tolerate any discussion or debate about it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

I met Alf Garnet. most racist man on TV in the 60s and 70s.

when I met him in the 90s (OK, the actor Warren Mitchel) he was a wonderful gentleman, as nice a guy as you could possibly want to spend an evening in a nice bar with

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

all of them?

Just to correct you, Homo Sapien refers only to Humans. Apes are not Homo Sapiens and we are not apes. In fact, we were never actually apes. We just share a common ancestry with apes.

We are apes I'm afraid, powerful ignorance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ape
    Hominoidea contains two families of living (extant) species:
    • Hylobatidae consists of four genera and sixteen species of gibbon, including the lar gibbon and the siamang. They are commonly referred to as lesser apes.
    • Hominidae consists of orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees, bonobos and humans.[1][2] Alternatively, the hominidae family are collectively described as the great apes.[3][4][5][6] There are two extant species in the orangutan genus (Pongo), two species in the gorilla genus, and a single extant species Homo sapiens in the human genus (Homo). Chimpanzees and bonobos are closely related to each other and they represent the two species in the genus Pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I was at the bus stop one day when a guy walked past and threw an empty beer bottle at a black girl beside me hitting her on the head and shouted some racist abuse. She was only a kid of about 13/14. I felt so ashamed to be white I can tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Dont you read the newspapers? Only white people can be racist.

• Advertisement

eviltwin wrote: »
    I was at the bus stop one day when a guy walked past and threw an empty beer bottle at a black girl beside me hitting her on the head and shouted some racist abuse. She was only a kid of about 13/14. I felt so ashamed to be white I can tell you.

Dear god. How can anyone whose ever breathed air think that's an ok thing to do? And to a little girl?

I don't think he'd do it to an adult his own size, it's a cowardly act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Such an ignorant comment to make!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

This is one of those things I'm glad I didn't look or jump to the end to read, I was wondering how it was going to pan out, needless to say, I'm relieved. Thought you might have been one of those flat earthers.
    Candie wrote: »
    I've had a very similar encounter with a SA guy I know. Won't tolerate any discussion or debate about it either.

I'm not defending the guy, met a SA with a similar attitude, but when they are brought up with it from childhood and live their whole lives like that, some people cant change, I heard similar things mentioned about protestants and even catholics up north, vitriolic hatred.
    I met Alf Garnet.

Wasn't he an alien himself?

I scream racist abuse at myself everymorning in the mirror, so me, Irish cnuts, (is there where someone comes along and corrects me?)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Candie wrote: »
    Dear god. How can anyone whose ever breathed air think that's an ok thing to do? And to a little girl?

I don't think he'd do it to an adult his own size, it's a cowardly act.

It was horrible, I wish I could say he was drunk, clearly mentally ill or something but he was a normal looking guy. She was fine but she was lucky she wasn't seriously hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Probably the English lad I met in Cork who said Ireland should belong to the UK.... poor bastard didn't see the abuse coming from the Corkonians :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭billie1b

keano_afc wrote: »
    Dont you read the newspapers? Only white people can be racist.

I know, thats the problem, not enough white people report the racist abuse we recieve from black people, and when they do they are basically laughed at. I shouldn't of said 'they've' but with the thousands i've dealt with in work over the years it is the majority of black women who verbally attack me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I know, thats the problem, not enough white people report the racist abuse we recieve from black people, and when they do they are basically laughed at. I shouldn't of said 'they've' but with the thousands i've dealt with in work over the years it is the majority of black women who verbally attack me.

What do you work at as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Just try to remember, next time you're in a meeting at work that what you're seeing is a bunch of apes, walking around in suits, drinking tea and pointing at pie charts on a screen. Makes the day seem easier.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

knew a woman in the states. She was Ethiopian (and black) and held quite racist views of African Americans, and inter racial relationships in general.... Two of her more memorable comments....

1. Said directly to an African American...."You are nothing like me, I am African, you are American, to be honest there is a good reason that my ancestors sold you in the first place...."

2. Said directly about her own sister (whom she found out was dating a white man)..."This has to stop, there will be no Café au lait children in my family...."

very sad really.....

Advertisement