Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most racist person you ever met.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

quickbeam wrote: »
    Well, that's just racist to gibbons now! You shouldn't put them down and call them "lesser" just because of their species, it's not like they can help it. They have every right to be "greater" as much as the rest of us.

I know, is it coz I is hairy?

The really worrying part is the amount of people thanking that post saying we aren't apes. Deary, deary me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Ush1 wrote: »
    Relieved at how incorrect the poster was?:confused:

Relieved, because I thought they were going in a direction where they'd end up refuting any link between humans and other animals (common ancestry).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

shutup wrote: »
    Bull****. Absolute Bull****.

Sorry, are you calling me a liar? If you look at my posting history, I think you'll find I am no wind-up merchant. This incident happened about 10 years ago. The dad was an absolute scumbag, and was probably the same type of person that threw a bottle at the young girl mentioned earlier in the thread.

The child was obviously imitating what he heard on a daily basis. I was completely shocked, but these things do actually happen! Nice bubble you are living in…...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭Riddle101

fryup wrote: »

Never mind that s*it, here comes Mongo!!!!

cerastes wrote: »
    Relieved, because I thought they were going in a direction where they'd end up refuting any link between humans and other animals (common ancestry).

Thinking humans aren't apes is fairly way off the mark. It's basic anthropology.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Just to correct you, Homo Sapien refers only to Humans. Apes are not Homo Sapiens and we are not apes. In fact, we were never actually apes. We just share a common ancestry with apes.

We are collectively referred to as Hominidae

Sorry to burst your bubble pal but I'm sorry to say we are apes. You're correct that we're hominidae though......as are Gorillas, Chimpanzees and Orangatans...

Australian bird in London. Really wasn't a fan of the aborigines at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

MonstaMash wrote: »
    I wonder how they feel about black priests :confused:

Fr Philip Eno :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TheJokesOnUs

<snip>

Mod: Banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

TheJokesOnUs is the most racist person I have never met!

• Advertisement

<snip>

It's posts like these that make me wish images could be posted in After Hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭marc96

U fully agree,if u havnt lived it u have no idea.

The really worrying part is the amount of people thanking that post saying we aren't apes. Deary, deary me.

Creationists, all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

WikiHow wrote: »
    I live in a small parish in a rural village, met no racist yet.

The locals are not racist, they don't trust any outsiders!

You can be from the next county, get married, move to the parish and 30 years later they will still call you a blow in ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Thinking humans aren't apes is fairly way off the mark. It's basic anthropology.

You seem to be inferring that I said something other than I did.
    Or are disputing something thats agreed?

I said common ancestry.

I thought the person was going to deny common ancestry/connection between humans and other animals, in particular apes.
    Which I believe is described and has been described here already as Hominidae

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

mikemac1 wrote: »
    You can be from the next county, get married, move to the parish and 30 years later they will still call you a blow in ;)

And they'd be right! How can I trust you unless I know my great great grandfather liked your great great grand father? You could be a souper or anything.......

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

I managed a petrol station near Manchester in the 80s, inherited a useless waste of space member of staff. One day a couple of Pakistanis came in and asked directions, he threw a Manchester A-Z at/to them without saying a word. Didn't quite merit instant dismissal but I got him out a few weeks later without too much effort.

cerastes wrote: »
    You seem to be inferring that I said something other than I did.
    Or are disputing something thats agreed?

I said common ancestry.

I thought the person was going to deny common ancestry/connection between humans and other animals, in particular apes.
    Which I believe is described and has been described here already as Hominidae

When you say other animals, in particular apes, what do you mean? Because as I've mentioned, we are apes. We are a sub group of ape. We have common ancestry with every living organism on earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Now I'm wondering what the hell TheJokesOnUs posted! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 expatin africa

Phoenix wrote: »
    Any black posters on boards?have you expierenced racist abuse on this?
    To add to the thread I met a Saffer guy at Ozzfest who was convinced that black people have less intelligence than whites and have smaller brains :rolleyes:

ad a co worker who said the exact thing top me and when i said how could i agree to that when my daughter is half cast he said she different because i was the father, in any words **** how do i dig myself out of this situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

There is more racism towards black people from what I see and hear. But there are reasons behind that I think. Now let me make myself clear here, everyone should be treated as an individual and no one should tar an entire race or ethnic group with the same brush. Having said that, there is a perception (and some statistics to back it up) that black people commit more crime on average. Far right commentators and websites use it as propaganda but that doesn't mean problems don't exist. The black issue seems to be unique, certainly in the UK and parts of the US anyway. It's a delicate issue but as long as the issue continues, it will give certain types of people ammunition to fire. That's all I'm saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

<snip>

It's posts like these that make me wish images could be posted in After Hours.

Im curious now ? ... can we have an edited version ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Rasheed wrote: »
    And they'd be right! How can I trust you unless I know my great great grandfather liked your great great grand father? You could be a souper or anything.......

Ahh no, you can tell one of them by the cut of them.

the_monkey wrote: »
    Im curious now ? ... can we have an edited version ?

It was basically this. https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6442784256/hA7AFAC38/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

The worst I have encountered was an Italian owner of a bar I worked in in Italy. I got a job there as it was very hard 'being foreign' to get a job in Italy. I had to bring my Italian boyfriend with me as 'evidence'. She then gave out to me as I wasn't as 'provocative' as the bella bionda (beautiful blonde) who was working along side me. I have brown hair and would be fairly reserved and efficient as a waitress. I was asked daily whether I was Polish, was once asked whether I was Russian - they weren't really accustomed to Irish people where I was - Umbria). I was assumed to be from a 'poor' country when I told people that I was Irish. The same lady who owned the restaurant, when I left, put an ad in the local paper specifying 'no blacks' should apply. I am not making this up. 15 years ago in Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Acedia.

The worst I heard was a guy in his 50s I met at a wedding. His friends were one-upping each other with their sexual exploits and his contribution was, "I once covered a Filipino woman". Like she wasn't even human!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭Zeebs

Pug160 wrote: »
    There is more racism towards black people from what I see and hear. But there are reasons behind that I think. Now let me make myself clear here, everyone should be treated as an individual and no one should tar an entire race or ethnic group with the same brush. Having said that, there is a perception (and some statistics to back it up) that black people commit more crime on average. Far right commentators and websites use it as propaganda but that doesn't mean problems don't exist. The black issue seems to be unique, certainly in the UK and parts of the US anyway. It's a delicate issue but as long as the issue continues, it will give certain types of people ammunition to fire. That's all I'm saying.

Yeah, having different skin pigmentation will affect your likelihood to become involved in crime :rolleyes:

Have you ever thought that maybe the reason crime is so high among the black population in the US is because of the social and economic disadvantages that hang over them and not because they have a darker skin pigmentation?

Do you honestly believe that if two children are born under the exact same conditions and one is black and one is white that the black one will be more likely to commit crime?

Because that is, without doubt, the stupidiest thing I have ever heard. It is genuinely laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

Acedia. wrote: »
    The worst I heard was a guy in his 50s I met at a wedding. His friends were one-upping each other with their sexual exploits and his contribution was, "I once covered a Filipino woman". Like she wasn't even human!

Probably a male chauvinist rather than a racist though. A lot of men talk like that when they are together, even so called respectable men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

Zeebs wrote: »
    Yeah, having different skin pigmentation will affect your likelihood to become involved in crime :rolleyes:

Have you ever thought that maybe the reason crime is so high among the black population in the US is because of the social and economic disadvantages that hang over them and not because they have a darker skin pigmentation?

Do you honestly believe that if two children are born under the exact same conditions and one is black and one is white that the black one will be more likely to commit crime?

Because that is, without doubt, the stupidiest thing I have ever heard. It is genuinely laughable.

If I could thank this post twice, I would!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

I work/volunteer with a group of elderly people (65++) in Galway and I am absolutely astounded at how racist they are - all of them!!
    Older people tend to say what they think and they were very open about even though they wouldn't admit to being "racist".

I am with them once or twice a week and there is simply no talking to them when they have a set on whoever - Black people, Eastern Europeans, Itinerants, Immigrants etc etc

When Savita died in UCHG, they were totally against her and the husband saying the maternity hospitals do a fine job and that all he wanted was money. I have had some really bad experiences of the HSE (UCHG is a shocker) in recent years so I was at a loss to understand it but it was simply racism. They hated her and wanted the story buried asap.

I told them once that I was atheist....bad bad move!!

Advertisement