Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I got all my Christmas shopping done in 1 hour this morning!!

#it'sgreatbeingabloke

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That the pre-Christmas cleaning is DONE. Even swept the stair carpet ( long haired black cats and knitting yarn..)... Two rooms grand so that is enough now and I am entering CHRISTMAS.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I got all my Christmas shopping done in 1 hour this morning!!

#it'sgreatbeingabloke

What did you get me? :D

Medusa22 wrote: »
    What did you get me? :D

oh...

You'll probably need to go over to post in the TA thread

:pac:

whiskeyman wrote: »
    oh...

You'll probably need to go over to post in the TA thread

:pac:

*returns whiskeyman's present :(:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Seeing the three kids 7,5&3 sitting playing together in their own little world gets me every time.

Watching poor helpless men trying to find presents for their wives/girlfriends/family members and relying on staff in shops to help them. There is just something so endearing about it that makes me smile :)

Watching poor helpless men trying to find presents for their wives/girlfriends/family members and relying on staff in shops to help them. There is just something so endearing about it that makes me smile :)

Had a grandad like that at one market.. finally sold him the prettiest baby jacket fro his new grandchild.. he had no idea! Hope they liked it!

Right; there is half an apple pie and a large potato in the range oven and I think the post has been so I am off and away to enjoy the hour.. critters to feed etc.... Have a lovely evening!

just put on my 'out of office'!

YAY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Medusa22 wrote:
    Watching poor helpless men trying to find presents for their wives/girlfriends/family members and relying on staff in shops to help them. There is just something so endearing about it that makes me smile

My sister works in a shop in our town and a young guy came in and said "I need to buy a River Island bag for my girlfriend. Do you sell them?" She had to break the news that no, the shop she works in is not River Island so they don't have the bags! I thought it was hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Ha ha went missing myself from work yesterday morning and there was a good few of us in the same boat wandering around the shops in hoodies and snickers giving each other the oh sh1te we're fckd nod. Buy something buy anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Ah I used to work in an old-lady shop in Sligo, we got this all the time coming up to Christmas. The old men would often make me try on the clothes to see what they looked like, I looked so ridiculous in my late teens trying on cashmere cardigans and ankle-length wool skirts and silk blouses and fur coats etc! :D

One really cute thing though, an old man came in once and said that his wife was having awful trouble with her back and she thought it was because she was wearing the wrong size bra, she'd never once been fitted in her life because she was too embarrassed to. So he got me to show him how to do a bra fitting so he could go home and measure her, then come back to buy some bras for her. I demonstrated on a mannequin in case anyone is wondering!! Reading that back, it sounds really pervy, but it wasn't at all - he was a very genuine sweet little old man, and it must have been quite awkward for him to come into the shop and ask to do that, he just clearly loved his wife a lot and wanted to do what he could to make life easier for her. :)

A few minutes ago my mum and I were using Facetime to talk to my toddler nephew, who absolutely loves everything that lights up and makes noises. During it, I went to get a music box that lights up and plays a selection of Christmas songs. The sheer face of joy and awe that was looking back at us as he watched the little snowman spin was something that made my night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Seeing the three kids 7,5&3 sitting playing together in their own little world gets me every time.

They really are in a world of their own sometimes. The little girl from down the road came up to my sitting room window the other day, my 3 year old walked over to her and I watched them have a full conversation for about 15 mins with one another through the window but neither of them were talking about the same thing. There was a lot of agreement, smiling and nodding though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Going with bingo with Mam when she asks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,738 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That dinner is on (making a chicken curry) and I have Die Hard to go with it with no work in the morning :)

I know I should really be watching it tomorrow night but duty calls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Children

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Living in a place with beautiful scenery, I sometimes think how did I get so lucky to live here.

Spending Christmas with a child who's embracing the full magic of Christmas, who it's almost impossible to be unhappy around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

madmaggie wrote: »
    Living in a place with beautiful scenery, I sometimes think how did I get so lucky to live here.

Ballymun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Just made my son his video message from Santa.
    https://www.portablenorthpole.com/en/

How could that not put a smile on your face?!

Menas wrote: »
    Just made my son his video message from Santa.
    https://www.portablenorthpole.com/en/

How could that not put a smile on your face?!

Ooh yes. Came across that site few days ago. Fab site!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Was going home to pack my bag and as I passed the LUAS stop there was a little kid there with a shield and a sword, looked like he was with his grandparents.

Anyway, he obviously wanted to get the use of his weapons so he was chasing this one pigeon around the LUAS tracks swinging his sword at him. I'd say the pigeon was there, "Will ya just fook off ffs, trying to get at the crust of a sandwich over there and you're doing my head in!!!"

Sister couldn't find white converse for her daughter in Tullamore- mad busy 1 million things to do. I am free until 6, I jumped on the train to Athlone called a few shops and got a pair.

I'm waiting at the station now to go back home.

This feels good

Gaygooner wrote:
    Sister couldn't find white converse for her daughter in Tullamore- mad busy 1 million things to do. I am free until 6, I jumped on the train to Athlone called a few shops and got a pair.

Athlone is far better than Tullamore. Unusual though because the shop my sister works in usually have white converse. Must have been sold out!

Young lad €1 short on rail fair, he was going to have to get the bus...

Hope the seats are comfy... 😂

I kid, I gave him €1

KatW4 wrote: »
    Athlone is far better than Tullamore. Unusual though because the shop my sister works in usually have white converse. Must have been sold out!

Size 5!!!

Gaygooner wrote:
    Size 5!!!

Common enough size! I hate my huge feet (size 8) but at least shoes don't sell out half as quickly as size 5 or 6!

• Advertisement

I just saw Jonathan Rhys Meyers outside a shop, first celebrity I've ever seen!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement