Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Seeing gardaí on horseback :)

I think mounted units are fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Peregrine wrote: »
    I think mounted units are fantastic!

I've mounted a few 'units' in me time, wouldn't say they were all fantastic..... :(

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Chancing across this ESB ad again on Youtube, it reminds me of the journeys we made from Scotland to Ireland for Xmas to visit the parents in the late 80s and early 90s, even more poignant now that both the parents are gone, but still brings a tear and smile.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Chancing across this ESB ad again on Youtube, it reminds me of the journeys we made from Scotland to Ireland for Xmas to visit the parents in the late 80s and early 90s, even more poignant now that both the parents are gone, but still brings a tear and smile.

like Alan Hughes played hurling!!! :P

My new kitten Danny! But him and Kylie have to learn to live together!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Pac1Man wrote: »
    When driving home after a stressful day, that majestic moment when you change lanes without hitting any cat's eyes.

Ahhhhhh the smooth bliss.

Thought it was only me who did that! I do it driving through the tunnel on the Moll's Gap to Killarney road,... every time and feel very pleased when I manage it..

• Advertisement

Today, many small things that are great.,. Finished market and craft fair trading until late march... so now after i have dried all my stock ( hand knitting) after the deluge at macroom, I am at rest. Age is slowing me down and I am exhausted but small things that are great are a pleasure.. today, just eating, lighting the range, watching the cats, I have two new rescues in and the pecking order is still being sorted.. Hilarious. Just a quiet day doing what I can and want to do. Trivial to many but a wonder to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Nothing like a huge and satisfying dump and the Aaaaaaah! that follows. :p:D:):cool:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

When I head home after a long day and teens grumble at me.. then I turn around and the 3 puppies are so happy to see me :):) makes my day

SAMTALK wrote: »
    When I head home after a long day and teens grumble at me.. then I turn around and the 3 puppies are so happy to see me :):) makes my day

My outdoor cat ( a stray who attached years ago; wants to come in but sprays) always runs to the door to greet me when I drive in. Always makes me smile..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Graces7 wrote: »
    My outdoor cat ( a stray who attached years ago; wants to come in but sprays) always runs to the door to greet me when I drive in. Always makes me smile..

Love the way they recognise sound of car coming down the road and are at gate waiting for me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Lighting a fire in the evenings in a room that's almost dark before you've turned on the lights and watching it take flame and throw shadows on the walls.

Listening to a wood fire crackling as you doze on the couch without any other sounds in the room.

Turning in my driveway for Christmas and that first glimpse of the lit up tree inside the window and the silhouettes of my parents waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Free food in work! Gingerbread men and chocolate fountains, the works! The happiness of it all!

On which happy note will close down and head to my early sleep time...tomorrow will sort the tree lights... Have a peaceful evening all out there...Thanks for the company...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Lunch paid for by work :)

We got about 70 toys bought from the whipround in work for the SVDP Christmas appeal, absolutely delighted, think they are being collected tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Graces7 wrote: »
    Thought it was only me who did that! I do it driving through the tunnel on the Moll's Gap to Killarney road,... every time and feel very pleased when I manage it..

Well you're better at it than me because I can never do it on command. There's that great moment when the first two wheels miss the cat's eyes and it suddenly wakens me from my sub-conscious thoughts where I think, 'this could be it'.

Reading that back makes me sound so pathetic!:D:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

At one of those teddy claw machines, the bears had €20 attached. So I went to put in €2, it kept coming back out, so I left it.

An hour or so later, I bought a €2 scratch card, won €20. :D

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Well you're better at it than me because I can never do it on command. There's that great moment when the first two wheels miss the cat's eyes and it suddenly wakens me from my sub-conscious thoughts where I think, 'this could be it'.

Reading that back makes me sound so pathetic!:D:o

Not at all; small pleasures are grand. The art of the one I do is that it is through a tunnel and on a bend too.. Took me a few tries so I cheered aloud when I finally did it. You have to get lined up very carefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My Christmas holidays have begun! And I'm starting as I mean to go on... with a nap!

I just noticed Medusa22's 'location' and it made me giggle a lil bit :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

kfallon wrote: »
    I just noticed Medusa22's 'location' and it made me giggle a lil bit :D

My location makes me quite happy too :pac:

Medusa22 wrote: »

Would have preferred 'minge' to 'muff' but it'll do :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

There's a joke to be made here about snow white being use to small c*ck but I'd never stoop to that.:D

ken wrote: »
    There's a joke to be made here about snow white being use to small c*ck but I'd never stoop to that.:D

There was also a joke to be made about me being grumpy so could I get in there too.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

kfallon wrote: »
    Would have preferred 'minge' to 'muff' but it'll do :p

That better? ;)
    ken wrote: »

Oh this made me laugh :pac: At least there were seven of them :p

That better? ;)

Much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Alex Jones, an American conservative pundit/conspiracy theorist.

He's a nutter and he spouts an awful amount of codswallop. But it's hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I got my hurrrrr done today and it's lovely. Also, my galaxy print hoodie that wasn't supposed to arrive until after Christmas came sailing in the door earlier. Score!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

First lie-in in what feels like ages tomorrow :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

First lie-in in what feels like ages tomorrow :D

I can lie in too! Ah sweet, sweet Saturday morning oblivion.

Just back from a nice visit with my friend. Wine makes me TH.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement