Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options
1328329330331332334»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Late finish in work but done for the weekend. Exhausted but happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Late finish in work but done for the weekend. Exhausted but happy :)

Always a great feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

The few minutes of hope as you scratch a shiny scratchcard and dream about never going to work again. Or even for a week or two.
    I rarely do the lotto but when I do I feel like one of those X-Factor hopefuls who is convinced that "this is going to change my life and my families lives. I'll be able to provide for us all and have a good life". I spend a day living the fantasy where I'll be able to ditch my crappy paying job and live the MTV Cribs dream. Then I check my numbers and I haven't even won a scratch card and it all comes crashing down. I have to go back to work and it's all the fault of those evil people who brainwashed me into believing me that "it could be you". I vow never to be sucked in again as it's just a waste of money.......

Until the next time the jackpot is high and I convince myself that this time the universe is on my side and I am somehow deserving of winning. So I go and pick my numbers. Quick pick is not for me as they give you silly numbers that never come up - last time I did euro millions quick pick I got 08, 09, 10, 11. That's obviously a fix and i'm being stitched up by the lotto overlords just like the contestants are stitched up by evil producers. I pick my own numbers which this time are going to be lucky.........until they aren't.

And rinse and repeat :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Having a lovely big bed all to myself to stretch out in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

My brother's going to sort out a Windows 10 Pro installation tomorrow, in an attempt to alleviate the internet issues I'm having with the likes of Discord and OneNote, along with the proxy server, which seems to switch itself on every now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A quiet early day .. well apart from the snoring of the dog!

Had a good phone call to family in Canada and some good news items that make me at ease on many things...

a day ahead; maybe will be able for walking the dog.

Had a long face to face with the stray stinker of a tom cat! Eye to eye, me laying down the law! Emerges there is now some confusion re who is caring for him. he used to live here but the old man died over 5 years ago. Cats are fiercely territorial. Hence the frequent rows here with my cats. And the copious STINKY spraying..

So I am trying island "gossip"! That I would welcome him in the house BUT not unless and until he is "fixed". And that I would be happy to sort that myself. That will go the rounds and we will see.. the ferry man also reads the ESB meters so a good person to spread news ..

Island life! A place apart..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The tulips are just starting to bloom. Spring is here!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Happy abed with daffodil buds opening on the table here. One by one the tight-furled flowers show their golden hearts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

10,000 (and 23) happy posts - new thread here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=106530830

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement