Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Really hot shower and a new soft fluffy towel when you step out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Ordered a new computer online last week, the site saying they had no stock for 8 days. I guess they found some stock, since it's due to arrive on Thursday this week.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Uniflu, Vick's Vaporub, Vick's Honey&Lemon, Ritchie's Humbugs, and Bassett's Murray Mints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭22catch

Really good fresh bread with lashings of butter. A carb nightmare but a simple delicious pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Getting dropped to work by a "mechanic" and listening to his polish accent mixed with dublinese - hilarious! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Waking up to a text from a close friend in another country telling me she's booked her flights to come home, and she'll be here next week!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,579 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Finding out a textbook you thought you were going to trek out to the DCU library from Firhouse to borrow is available as an eBook.

*does a little dance*

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Wednesday night is couch night. I'm home from work, the apartment is toasty and there's football on the box later! :)

Tho I may have to go out and collect a parcel later :(

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Found 50 quid in a pair of jeans earlier, can't remember the last time I wore those jeans. I wonder how long it's been there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭kenmccarthy

Every evening when I get home from work my two fantastic dogs waiting at the gate for me with tails wagging...... One dog is over 10 years now ....still makes me laugh every evening when I see em all excited

• Advertisement

rosie16 wrote: »
    Found 50 quid in a pair of jeans earlier, can't remember the last time I wore those jeans. I wonder how long it's been there?

Gis a loan :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Being in own bed after being away for work for a couple of nights.

Heading to bed at 8:30pm with hot water bottle and taking tv into bedroom to catch up on some shows :D

kfallon wrote: »
    Gis a loan :P

Pay me back 100 quid? Does the interest rate sound right ? ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

ATM, coughing a little less than I did yesterday. Flippin' cold might be on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Reserved an item in argos and got the last one, on the last day of the special offer.

It's Friday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I cycled to work today without a bother, even though the roads looked like ice.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

A delivery of incredibly cute baby clothes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Finding a piece of cake on my desk when I come back from work :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Seeing oldnotwise in this thread

• Advertisement

Seeing LexieOnRale in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

you guys lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Hubby remembered to put out the bins. I had forgotten. He's the best ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭22catch

I wanted one of those JML foot warming blanket thingies but they were too expensive for what they are in Debenhams so I decided not to get one, then I wandered in to Dealz for bird seed the same day and found the exact same blanket for half the price of what Debenhams are charging.

Garlic bread with cheese! Need I say anymore? yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 33,371 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The end of a shift block at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Knowing you've got a particularly yummy dinner for this evening.
    Tonight we're having an old favourite; home-made chicken Jalfrezi with rice.
    I love cooking it and I love eating it.
    I might have some red wine to go with it, too.

Curb Your Enthusiasm.
    I've always loved this show but realised I'd missed a few series of it, so found it online and I'm binge watching it.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

M&S cookie, nice cup of tea and rugby on TV :)

You guys won't believe but I found a tenner in the pocket of a pair of trousers and again I don't remember the last time I wore them. I think I should go through all my pockets, who knows how much is 'missing'. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I'm a competent enough cook, but this evening I stunned myself with the chilli I made from scratch. Absolutely unreal :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement