Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I was in Sligo recently, and on the main street (O'Connell St), there were two girls standing with signs around them saying "Free Hugs". No charity collection or anything, they were literally there to hug whoever wanted a hug.

How nice and sweet and lovely and thoughtful of them. :)

I didn't need a hug just then, but I did stop to tell them how kind they were, and that it was a lovely idea.

I need a hug right now. Well I'd like one. I guess I don't need one. A very lonesome Christmas Day has made me a little bit sad and lonely, I'd love some human physical contact.

But how many people might they have helped that day? So nice of them, so selfless and lovely and kind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GFT

Seen that in Dublin Grafton Street and took advantage. Free hugs are awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,923 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I was in Sligo recently, and on the main street (O'Connell St), there were two girls standing with signs around them saying "Free Hugs". No charity collection or anything, they were literally there to hug whoever wanted a hug.

I didn't need a hug just then, but I did stop to tell them how kind they were, and that it was a lovely idea.

I need a hug right now. Well I'd like one. I guess I don't need one. A very lonesome Christmas Day has made me a little bit sad and lonely, I'd love some human physical contact.

But how many people might they have helped that day? So nice of them, so selfless and lovely and kind!

Lovely gesture.

But remember, we are loved.

We are. It is not always visible. But we are.

I hope you are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,297 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

We'll I'm sending a virtual hug anyway :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

madmaggie wrote: »
    Living in a place with beautiful scenery, I sometimes think how did I get so lucky to live here.

My daily bread is the scenery here. When I leave Killarney and all the hype and noise, and emerge into the forests and mountains on the Moll's Gap road, the peace creeps into my soul and I smile.. and here too when light dawns I am surrounded by mountains.

• Advertisement

The day ahead... quietude and ease.. pain levels are high but I can rest and food is leftovers well heated so that is perfect.. I have books to read and knitting to do, and for some reason my limited broadband access has lasted.. maybe some kind person at digiweb has given me a gift. Renews on 28th and usually by now am on slow... rain out there yet again but that is fine... My landlord left me a card on Christmas Eve so he knows how bad the lane is so all is truly grand.. Coffee calls! ENJOY THE DAY!.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

My cousins got a puppy (for their Birthdays 2 months ago) and I met my one month old cousin yesterday, overwhelming cuteness :) and my cousin even has a quiet cry and makes little snuffly noises in his sleep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

kfallon wrote: »
    Ballymun?

Not many tower blocks in Scallion Land ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Hot water bottle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Hot water bottle :D

Love me a hottie bottie......or two, or three. My electric blanket died a couple of weeks ago but couldn't afford a new one thanks to Christmas Sillymas being around the corner.

• Advertisement

My family in Canada; our beloved one with heart attack is going home today. Still needs great care, but they have a VON staying with her and far better than hospital. Peace and quiet to heal in. VON is Victoria Order Nurse; I call them their Very Own Nurse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

The Witcher 3's graphics :eek:

Stopped working on small intricate knitting and embarked on a big easy baby shawl I could do with eyes closed...Just found the cat who is still refusing cat food, tearing the bag on some defrosting raw turkey and munching away.. well laddie. that was your food for tomorrow.. he washes his paws and licks his lips...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Watching Mary Poppins with the Christmas tree lights on and the fire lit. Finally just myself, my boyfriend and the 3 cats can just relax and not worry about other people for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Overhearing changing room conversations between harassed bargain-hunting mammies and their bored kids today:

"Put that back on the hanger"
    "Mam, I don't have a hanger, it didn't come on one"
    "I don't care what it came on, didn't I tell you to put it back on the hanger!"

"Mam, pull the curtain shut"
    "I will not, Cathal. And if you don't hurry up I'll pull it all the way open and the whole shop will see you!"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭alcea

Travelled to Limerick today, wanted to get to the Crescent Shopping Centre, there was a backlog of traffic about 3km to 4km back, I was estimating it would take us 1 and a half hours to get to the centre and about half an hour to get parking. Got in and parked within half an hour.

The centre was mobbed but still, even with two children in tow, got what we needed without any fuss. End result, we had a magic day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Had an unexpected but lovely night out with great friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Hearing the girlfriend tell me that she loves me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I've an alarm set every Monday evening to put out the wheelie bins. I hate when it goes off, and I realise I have to go out in the wet and cold to lug them out from the back garden, and possibly go to the shop for a bin tag too.

Love it on days like today when the alarm goes off, and I remember I don't have to put either bin out this week. Woohoo!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Pouring fizzy drinks into a glass as quickly as possible and sipping the foam that forms at the top.

Don't judge me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Cracking candle wax. :pac:

Going to my neighbours house and seeing her 10 month old little girl look up and smile at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Crisps and chocolate in the same mouthful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GFT

Being able to stay up to 3 in the morning on days off. I'm such a night Owl.

Crisps and chocolate in the same mouthful

Mmm, going to try that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Im lying in bed with the window open, its raining, love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Lying on my couch, God I love my couch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

kfallon wrote: »
    Lying on my couch, God I love my couch :)

Need any company? ;)

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Need any company? ;)

But you're already on my couch! :p

• Advertisement

Sitting on a quiet train with my precious books. I'm doing it right now :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement