Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Whats wrong with ya? Manflu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

kfallon wrote: »
    Whats wrong with ya? Manflu?

About the worst case of it ever....coming on with three weeks and you think I'd take it easy and let it blow over?

But Jesus no....of course I have to stay going...run meself down :(...if I'm worse in the morning...il take off....first time ever taking off sick :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

About the worst case of it ever....coming on with three weeks and you think I'd take it easy and let it blow over?

But Jesus no....of course I have to stay going...run meself down :(...if I'm worse in the morning...il take off....first time ever taking off sick :eek:

Take the day off ta fúck, you can then post here tomorrow saying sick days off work make you happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

kfallon wrote: »
    Take the day off ta fúck, you can then post here tomorrow saying sick days off work make you happy!

You have no idea how tempting that is :O

But I'd crack up stuck at home unless I was bed ridden

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Spent ages on amazon looking for some kind of fancy face cream my mom wants, just checked boots before I paid and its cheaper, wasted all that time and my Dad decided he doesn't want the book I was getting him (mum spilled) so I have no idea what to get him. What do you buy a middle aged man who has everything and downloads everything else? Hope she doesn't change her mind now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

I made an unnecessary journey today....and survived :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Own double bed and hot water bottle after a couple of weeks in hospital :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Back home after holiday - fast unlimited broadband yummy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

You have no idea how tempting that is :O

But I'd crack up stuck at home unless I was bed ridden

A good bed ridden would do the trick all right... But are you sure you'd have the stamina for it in your delicate state? :p

On a positive note (for me :D) I've never actually experienced the flu.

Is that trivial? It certainly makes me happy though. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I have this dress that I want to wear to the work Christmas party. It's one of those that doesn't have a standard size, it's just a very subjective "small/medium/large". Anyway, I would have preferred Large but as it was massively reduced and they only had Medium, I bought the medium and it's fine but a few lbs would make it a whole lot better. I've been really good all week staying off bread and pasta and sugar. I went to handwash it yesterday and when I checked the label to see if it could be spun, I noticed that it said "UK Size 8" - :D:D:pac::pac::p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

When driving home after a stressful day, that majestic moment when you change lanes without hitting any cat's eyes.

Ahhhhhh the smooth bliss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Pac1Man wrote: »
    When driving home after a stressful day, that majestic moment when you change lanes without hitting any cat's eyes.

Ahhhhhh the smooth bliss.

This is my lifetime game. I do it whenever I'm driving. I've only ever crossed once without hitting. ONCE!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

sebcity wrote: »
    This is my lifetime game. I do it whenever I'm driving. I've only ever crossed once without hitting. ONCE!

You never forget your first.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Lying in bed with a howling gale outside, rain hammering against the window and baby happily kicking away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Having the whole swimming pool to yourself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

It's not trivial, not trivial at all. But for fans of Trent, Christmas has come early. He's back!

UNLICENSED TRACHEOTOMY! OTOLARYNGOLOGIST!

(Ye can shove your Star Wars sequel, this is where it's at)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

You know those nights when the pints are going down like water and while you get drunk, you're on top of it and you have the most unexpected; greatest night out. That.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Mince Pies. This time of year, got to have at least two a day. Hey, they contain fruit, so that's got to count for at least one of my five-a-day. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Today I learned that there's a forum on Boards dedicated entirely to Sheep! :D That's nearly as good as finding out about the Mustard forum. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Watching someone who can match words with their deeds. As confident & cocky as a peacock, with the lethality of an assassin inside the Octagon. It was a joy to watch McGreogor destroying Aldo in 13 seconds last night. It's great to see an Irish sports star reaching the top of their chosen sport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Pizza, chicken wings, potato wedges and garlic dip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Putting the tree and decorations up tomorrow! At last! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

In Galway this afternoon there was an auld lad busking on Shop St. He had a donkey with him (wearing reindeer antlers, naturally), and a dog sitting on the donkey's back. Pure touristy stuff, and it was doing the trick. There was a girl getting her picture taken with the donkey.

The poor donkey obviously got sick of standing still, so took a few very slow steps forward. Very, very slow. Tortoises would easily outpace this lovely placid animal. But in the mind of the girl he was obviously as threatening as a sabre-toothed tiger. She squealed and took off running up Shop St as if Oscar Pistorias was after her.

Needless to say, the donkey didn't chase after her.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

The perfect smooth cup of tea! You know that one, it's just perfect, the right strength, the right amount of milk and sugar. Heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Christmas milk!!*

*milk with Dec 25th date on it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

maudgonner wrote: »
    In Galway this afternoon there was an auld lad busking on Shop St. He had a donkey with him (wearing reindeer antlers, naturally), and a dog sitting on the donkey's back. Pure touristy stuff, and it was doing the trick. There was a girl getting her picture taken with the donkey.

The poor donkey obviously got sick of standing still, so took a few very slow steps forward. Very, very slow. Tortoises would easily outpace this lovely placid animal. But in the mind of the girl he was obviously as threatening as a sabre-toothed tiger. She squealed and took off running up Shop St as if Oscar Pistorias was after her.

Needless to say, the donkey didn't chase after her.
    Wonder will he be there today , I'm working close enough and wouldn't mind a look at that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I just saw some pictures of my class from London and omg they look so grown up! I haven't seen them in about a year now and miss them terribly. Such a nice surprise to see them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

An old episode of Malcolm in the Middle is on that I never saw before :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Tree and decoration is up, all my wrapped gifts are under it, twinkly lights all over the sitting room and about to treat myself to a rum and coke. Quality! :D Also, bought myself two lovely new hardback journals today- one for my writing class, one for personal diary use- and feeling groovy. Also bought a pestal and mortar. Time to marinade EVERYTHING! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hungarian Citylink driver for the bus from Dublin Airport to Galway, he was such a good buzz, put everyone on the bus into a good mood and wished all a happy Xmas. 4.15 - 6.45 pm service. He was the most joyous bus driver ever and may he continue to be. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement