Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bridgettedon

Got two unexpected christmas presents this year at work. It actually warms my heart. So so different from my previous workplace where I hated it everyday and felt picked on by coworkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

When I'm absolutely bored of everything and I'm flicking through the channels aimlessly, and right on the money, I stumble across the beginning of an aul episode of Father Ted, classic Simpsons, or Only Fools.

Ahhh, love when that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Succeeded in setting up the new printer that had been in its box in the kitchen far longer than I care to mention, and print my Christmas cards,,, will now post them today and feel sooooooooooooooooo virtuous....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My toast ACTUALLY POPPED OUT OF THE TOASTER like you see in movies!
    It landed on the counter-top and I was ridiculously amused by it.
    But now I'm wondering if that should be happening seeing as it has never happened before :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

fussyonion wrote: »
    My toast ACTUALLY POPPED OUT OF THE TOASTER like you see in movies!
    It landed on the counter-top and I was ridiculously amused by it.
    But now I'm wondering if that should be happening seeing as it has never happened before :o

You probably have a poltergeist in the house :eek:

• Advertisement

All too wonderful to be trivial so I started a whole new thread.. HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!

You probably have a poltergeist in the house :eek:

OH NO! I had one once.. used to throw potatoes around in the house when I was outside.. Now I just have cats!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My kitten is chasing my feet when I move them under the duvet. Cute!!!

KatW4 wrote: »
    My kitten is chasing my feet when I move them under the duvet. Cute!!!

Bedmice! Wonderful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

The Gavin And Stacey Christmas Special is on RIGHT NOW!!!!

It finally feels like Christmas. :)

• Advertisement

I have ALL the ingredients to make Irish Cream liqueur.. Will restrain myself until Christmas eve ;)

Playing football with one of my cats with a tiny potato on a damp floor...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Graces7 wrote: »
    Playing football with one of my cats with a tiny potato on a damp floor...

Ah yes, Pussyball. You can't beat it.

I saw my first car today!!!! :D It was in my local Tesco car park, I was in loooove with that car (a really knackery little red '98 Mitsubishi Colt), it was off the road for ages before I sold it because it would've cost well over a grand to get it through the NCT, so I sold it for like €300, a few years back. Amazing to see it's still on the road, and still looking as awesomely knackery as ever! :D I wish I never had to sell it ... it's so much nicer than my boring family car that I have now!

Ooh and another thing that makes me happy - when you're wrapping presents, and the pattern lines up without you even trying to make it happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

There's this girl, and I'm not sure what the story is, but she said something in an offhand manner the last day and I smile everytime I think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

When you're cutting wrapping paper and the scissor just slides through. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Tunnocks Tea Cakes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Went to dealz to pick up a tray of soft drinks for xmas. This is them in my fridge.

Ooooo dat fit!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The schools are off for two weeks. Two weeks of not having WW3 every morning, trying to get my teenager who hates school out the door :)

• Advertisement

73Cat wrote: »
    The schools are off for two weeks. Two weeks of not having WW3 every morning, trying to get my teenager who hates school out the door :)

My parents went through absolute hell with one of my brothers with this. And I mean, REALLY really bad. And it's hard to argue when the child is 6 foot plus!

I do feel your pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jaysisjames

when i'm doing the hoovering on the stairs(not that often) and i get to turn the head of the hoover 180 degrees, and it picks up the dirt in the corners of each step perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My parents went through absolute hell with one of my brothers with this. And I mean, REALLY really bad. And it's hard to argue when the child is 6 foot plus!

I do feel your pain!

It's some relief, the stress of it is unreal. To get her to spend the full five days every week is an almighty struggle. I feel floaty light :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

That In and around 16 hours il be on Xmas holidays :)

73Cat wrote: »
    It's some relief, the stress of it is unreal. To get her to spend the full five days every week is an almighty struggle. I feel floaty light :)

If it's any relief ... he didn't get a great Leaving Cert, certainly not to the best of his abilities. BUT. He just about scraped his way into a good college course, and fought his way up into a couple of add-ons after that. So he's actually doing quite well now academically, and while he's still living at home, he's now an absolute model child and causes no trouble whatsoever for my parents!

Like my mum used to literally have to come home from work, as a primary teacher, so her and my (cancer-ridden) dad could grab an arm each and drag him into school. He was that bad! He's a different person now.

At the time I hated him so much for doing that to them. SO much. But now, he's actually a really nice lovely person, with a great future ahead of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Holidays today:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,128 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

getting post of the day on boards :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The sun is out.....in December :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

NOS3 wrote: »
    When you're cutting wrapping paper and the scissor just slides through. :pac:

oh yeah...

• Advertisement

That my pension came through to my bank JUST in time for me to pay down my credit card for the month. I thought I was going to incur a non payment fine..That I can do all this without leaving my bed... :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement