Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

But you're already on my couch! :p

I'm sure we can make room for kfallon too :D

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I'm sure we can make room for kfallon too :D

Would he be able for us do you think? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Be grand, push over there!

kfallon wrote: »
    Be grand, push over there!

Dunno. Not sure about the cut of your jib. You any good at making the tae and supplying a few biscuits?

Dunno. Not sure about the cut of your jib. You any good at making the tae and supplying a few biscuits?

Well it'll be your loss..... *opens tin of assorted biscuits*

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    Well it'll be your loss..... *opens tin of assorted biscuits*

*claps hands in glee*

But wait. I've had the old biscuit trick before. There they all are, lovely on the plate. However one bite and you know you've been had. They are not fancy Foxes assorted biscuits instead they are a red plastic box of BOLANDS!!

*claps hands in glee*

But wait. I've had the old biscuit trick before. There they all are, lovely on the plate. However one bite and you know you've been had. They are not fancy Foxes assorted biscuits instead they are a red plastic box of BOLANDS!!

Just be grateful it's not a sewing kit in the tin when you open it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

For some reason, I had about five separate tech-related problems today ... and solved them all. Had to take the back cover off a tablet PC that wouldn't boot up, and reseat the power cable. The back took a bit of gaffer tape before it would stay on properly, but it's working. :P

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Ordered a meal with kebab and plain chips, got it,.....and a portion of taco chips that I didn't ask for and I was pretty sure wasn't part of the deal. Was it a mistake or goodwill? didn't care, you know what they say about gift horses. Gave the plain chips to someone else and ate the far nicer taco ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

People with big smiley heads on them.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Waking up naturally without an alarm clock, and doing a big moany stretch in bed.

The shiver you get after a good dump.

The sore feeling after a good workout.

Laughing uncontrollably.

Walking to work on a crisp spring day with headphones on, good tunes, and encountering a stream of green men lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Cheddar cheese & pickle, a Vincent motorcycle, slap & tickle...

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

Mr.Plough wrote:
    Walking to work on a crisp spring day with headphones on, good tunes, and encountering a stream of green men lights.

Now that's me! :D

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    The sore feeling you get after a good dump.

The shiver after a good workout.

Fixed it there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

In a hotel with my girlfriend. Had a fantastic meal with a nice pint of Heineken. Now I'm after drinking an entire bottle of red wine myself since the gf learned she doesn't like it. Not a bit tipsy when I was expecting to be numb in the face for the night.

Personal highlight for me as I'm usually a lightweight :P

Lying in bed, nice and warm, listening to Luke Kelly :)

Gonna have some rice krispies soon, mad bastard that I am :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Driving the car with my girlfriend in the passenger seat scratching my head.

She's the one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Watching the dogs from the kitchen window, run around like lunatics in the garden, battling each other for a big rubber snake :pac::pac::pac:

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    battling each other for a big rubber snake :pac::pac::pac:

Sounds like Medussa and her OH last night..... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

This makes me overjoyed
    https://www.facebook.com/animal.org.il/videos/1226754330672700/

One to watch every single time I'm grumpy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I get in to the car to go somewhere. Set the sat-nav and it says how long it'll take me to get there and what time I should arrive. If I can knock even a minute off that due time I'm walking on air for the rest of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

Seeing a candle burn out. I feel like a god.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

ken wrote: »
    I get in to the car to go somewhere. Set the sat-nav and it says how long it'll take me to get there and what time I should arrive. If I can knock even a minute off that due time I'm walking on air for the rest of the day.

I haven't updated my maps in a while so my sat nav doesn't know about the new bit of road between wexford and Dublin. I drove it the other day and knocked about 10 minutes off the arrival time , it was brilliant. I'm tempted to not update it again so I can do that on every trip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

TG1 wrote: »
    I haven't updated my maps in a while so my sat nav doesn't know about the new bit of road between wexford and Dublin. I drove it the other day and knocked about 10 minutes off the arrival time , it was brilliant. I'm tempted to not update it again so I can do that on every trip!

What made me think of it was we went to Ikea today and my sat nav doesn't know about the removal of the lights at Newland's cross(I haven't updated in a while either) so factors in a 2 minute delay for them at off peak and 5-7 minutes at peak times.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,297 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Using bus lanes when they are not in operation and flying through the traffic because very few read the signs to see the applicable times. I'm sure they're cursing me :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Tea in bed on a Sunday morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

On Friday night, myself and the OH went to a bar that was playing 90s music all night.

It felt good listening to tunes and drinking wine. :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In the local Centra and found a box of still in date Mince Pies.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tom_Barry

When I put on my lovely new pjs after putting new sheets on the bed. Or when I realize I'm on a half day in work that day, When my OH and I get to spend some time out alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

UCC student radio station playing non-stop David Bowie for over an hour. No ads, bliss.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement