Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

Dessert has arrived :D
    :)
    fussyonion wrote: »
    I've got three in the cupboard.
    Crisp orange wrapper housing a puff-rice filled chocolatey caramel centre, wrapped in chocolate.......
    Three of them.
    THREE.

I think you might be evil, fussyonion. But I found some of that lidl sorbet stuff in the freezer, took the edge off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Tommy Kay The DJ

Fresh bed sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Cb9

Completing a video game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Cb9 wrote: »
    Completing a video game.

Oh no when i was about 12, i spent an entire month after school everyday playing Sonic The Hedgehog and at the end all i got was a *CONGRATULATIONS* or something like that. I dont know what i expected but something more than a "congratulations" flashing on the screen a few times. I was not happy. I dont think i wanted the challenge to end :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Situations like mine today - when everything just goes the way you planned. Everything just falls into place and all you can do when its over is sit back and sigh such relief.

I had a lot of walking and bus jumping to do today to do different things and I had no backtracking to do at all.

Everything went the way I wanted it and now I just have to sit and wait for replies.

No stress for me today. One class of college left to go for the afternoon then I can kick up and relax when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

It's my week for a Christmas AMA type thing running on the Christmas forum :) Can't wait to start it!

It's been a tough few weeks so I am hoping that the Christmas vibes will cheer me up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Medusa22 wrote: »
    My trivial thing that makes me happy is reading the trivial annoyances thread :D

This trivially annoys me...Oh wait.... (runs to TA thread) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Driving up to a red traffic light only for it to turn green just before you've started to slow down properly...

yyeeahhh

(or getting a green arrow just as you're approaching a junction! fupp yeah!! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Situations like mine today - when everything just goes the way you planned. Everything just falls into place and all you can do when its over is sit back and sigh such relief.

Otherwise known as "everything coming up Milhouse".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭TheNobleKipper

Today in work a big, fat fly flew against the window (repeatedly!), desperately trying to get in and I kept staring at it with glee knowing that there was no chance it could annoy me. A piece of heaven on a ****ty day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Woke up and made straight for the kitchen, all bleary-eyed.

I reach into the tea caddy as I do every morning, feeling for a teabag.
    HORROR!
    My hands touches cold ceramic as I reach the bottom of the jar!
    It's empty!

I have a mini panic as I search the cupboards...I don't see the jumbo box of Lyons where I normally keep them. (I buy the large box, fill my caddy and put the half-full box back in the press).

The disgusted part of me realises I'll have to make do with herbal tea.
    I actually had a sad face on me, like a real emoji.

But THEN! Then I open another press and lo and behold, a gorgeous box of Lyons peeps out to say hello.
    It's half full of lovely, lovely teabags.
    Bliss is restored.

Letting people out when I'm driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I got a call this morning from Lego Customer service.
    That makes the little boy inside me happy!

Menas wrote: »

Are you pregnant, or have you eaten a small child? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Menas wrote: »

That makes me laugh. My husband bought my 3 year old daughter a soccer card collection "match attax". She likes soccer but the cards have details like, Ross Barkley, Midfielder, Speed 80, Defense 51, Skill 78.

Its a laminated book and he has it all organised and arranged in perfect order. He has a little panic attack when she has the cards out in case she rips them up but apparenty they are hers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭TheNobleKipper

Ireland played so well tonight and won the match :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ireland played so well tonight and won the match :)

People in the crowd shouting 'Let Christy take it' made me extremely happy last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Sport, it's the weirdest thing in the world, but all the low times you've had as an Ireland supporter over the last few years dissapears on the back of that one result that changes everything.

They say it's the hope that kills you but when it pays off ... there's no better feeling.

Let's hope Schmidt had the lads watching last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

When we are out for a walk and my dog comes up behind me to place his cold, wet nose in my hand - I know that he is thanking me for bringing him out for a walk.
    Happens about 4 or 5 times on each walk

It can make me laugh out loud sometimes..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

That every time I'm going over to granny's, she leaves up the toilet seat for me.

Any time I go over unannounced, it's down like a woman living on her own would have it.

But on evenings I usually go over it's always up, just such a trivial thing that only a granny would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

When you walk past a restaurant and get a lovely smell.

That every time I'm going over to granny's, she leaves up the toilet seat for me.

Any time I go over unannounced, it's down like a woman living on her own would have it.

But on evenings I usually go over it's always up, just such a trivial thing that only a granny would do.

Methinks that granny remembers the day when you were her little soldier and were more hit than miss. Granny is thinking 'preventative measure', you're thinking 'considerate granny'!

A trivial thing that makes me happy is a cup of tea in a nice china cup and saucer. I enjoy a mug, but a little refinement is welcome too.

Candie wrote: »
    Methinks that granny remembers the day when you were her little soldier and were more hit than miss. Granny is thinking 'preventative measure', you're thinking 'considerate granny'!

A trivial thing that makes me happy is a cup of tea in a nice china cup and saucer. I enjoy a mug, but a little refinement is welcome too.

Actually now that you said that, I remember when I was younger I had to go toilet outside in a pot at Granny's

Feck ya for ruining this on me :o

Actually now that you said that, I remember when I was younger I had to go toilet outside in a pot at Granny's

Feck ya for ruining this on me :o

So sorry! I'm probably wrong! :)

Candie wrote: »
    So sorry! I'm probably wrong! :)

Hope so but can't see why else I had a personal pisspot behind a bush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Finding out that one of your favourite programmes, of which you've not seen a couple of the series, has been added to netflix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Rushing thinking someone is picking me up for 1pm for something, then realising they're picking me up at 1:10. Yay.

Edit: damn, I just jinxed it by posting that. They just knocked on my door to see if I was ready, as they were passing my way going to pick up another for lunch. And yes naturally I'd just gotten undressed to get changed and they knocked. Damn :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Sunday morning tea. Always the nicest cup of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Anticipation before a big match...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement