Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

My bed is right against the wall where my window is. My bedroom is upstairs, I live in Tramore, so it's always windy here.

Every time I come home from college, I'm boiling hot from the walking I'm doing from the bus to the house (with a heavy bag), and what I do for 10 minutes is I like to get onto my bed, take my socks off and stick both feet on the window ledge. The breeze is UNBELIEVABLE.

Call me a weirdo, but it's so damn satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Putting on pyjamas straight out of the dryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Those rare moments when I'm struck with the realisations that the work stress I'm under is actually completely meaningless and that all that matters is my loved ones and enjoying this mortal rollercoaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Ok, guys, I'm gonna be minging, but sure feck it.

Had a cold now a few days, and nose has become really blocked up. But just managed to get a great nose blow, and feel SO much better for it. :D

Can't quite describe how happy it makes me that I just discovered a take-away that delivers all day breakfast!

Not sure if I'll get it, as not sure what the quality will be like, but definitely considering it, and chuffed that it's there as an option :D

Edit: OMG they also deliver a bacon and egg sandwich. May day may be made!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Those rare moments when I'm struck with the realisations that the work stress I'm under is actually completely meaningless and that all that matters is my loved ones and enjoying this mortal rollercoaster.

Love this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Can't quite describe how happy it makes me that I just discovered a take-away that delivers all day breakfast!

Not sure if I'll get it, as not sure what the quality will be like, but definitely considering it, and chuffed that it's there as an option :D

Just thinking about that makes me happy. I would have them on speed dial!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

OMFG where??

A FB friend of mine posted a status saying "it's 10 am on Sunday why am I still drunk and why does my apartment smell like delicious rashers when I'm alone?"

Her mate replied "sorry that was me I had rashers for breakfast and went to work before you got up"

Imagine filling someone's gaf with the magical smell of rashers, then eating all the rashers and fúcking off, so when they get to the kitchen they find out THE RASHERS ARE A LIE.....that's pure evil.

Fúck now I want rashers. This is bad because I'm vegetarian :o

Bought a back scratcher today, FINALLY :D

• Advertisement

starling wrote: »
    OMFG where??

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm an Irish emigrant, so unlikely to be anywhere near you :D

I think more places should do this though.

I remember when living in Dublin there was a lovely place in the Fairview area that did take-away main course home cooked healthy food kind of stuff... and I loved getting it. I had a bigger budget back then, but even still, particularly for a single person, it was perfect, so I'm surprised more people don't do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

My trivial thing that makes me happy is reading the trivial annoyances thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Completing a difficult level on Candy Crush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Getting a free month of Spotify Premium.

Autumn and leaves. Just Autumn. Days are sunny with a cool, crisp feel to the day. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Boards.ie has not filed its annual returns yet and can be struck off as a company if it fails to do so in the next 25 hours. The apocalypse is nigh.

When Scottish people write tweets and status updates phonetically. For some reason I just really like that.

When Scottish people write tweets and status updates phonetically. For some reason I just really like that.

Just out of interest, do you have an example? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Finding a penny on the ground. It always makes me smile. :)

Just out of interest, do you have an example? :)

Most ay the stuff on ma Facebook is jist stuff like "ah" for "I" and "Ano" for "I know," and that's enough to make me smile for some reason, it doesna need to be actual full on raparliammer. Here's a few that are genuinely funny though:
    Why do boys beep at u when they drive past?? Gees a second while a run after ur fiat punto
    Just seen a bird shoutin at her bairn to put his pants on then pointed at me sayin 'look the mans gonna steal ur willy'. Wtf no am no
    I'd be so ragin if i was a sniffer dog. A dug with a job. All your pals down the park sniffing arseholes n you canny cos you're on backshift

Moar here:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukebailey/oot-the-nite-aye#.ijdML3Xqq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

we have these children's play letters to teach the alphabet for the bath or shower that stick to the tiles. They are in our shower at the moment and nearly every time I go to have a shower, my husband has put an eh....explicit message on the wall just for me, so romantic ha :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When a visitor you were dreading arriving, finally leaves.
    I feel like being kind to everyone now that the weekend is now spread out in front of me.

When you go to report a post / thread but the mods are already well on it, and it's locked before you even get the chance. Top marks.

Toffee Crisps.
    I had one today for the first time in about 15 years. My Jesus they're gorgeous.
    Why hasn't anyone told me they were so nice?
    Currently on offer in Tesco for €2 (pack of 4).

fussyonion wrote: »
    Toffee Crisps.
    I had one today for the first time in about 15 years. My Jesus they're gorgeous.
    Why hasn't anyone told me they were so nice?
    Currently on offer in Tesco for €2 (pack of 4).

Currently in my local shop 4 for £1 :P (Sorry coudn't resist)

TH - Popping out the local shop for some for a couple of late night treats tonight. No notes in my purse and hardly any change, so was hunting around the place for coins, as I know their card machine isn't working at the mo.

Out of nowhere, I noticed a fiver lying on the bedroom floor. Happy days.

Speaking of food just treated myself to a takeout/delivery. First one in years, how sad is that!

Food arrived promptly, was still hot, delivery man was pleasant and friendly, and having just walloped into it I can also attest that it was tasty as fúck.

Kind of take it for granted but I'd be TA'd if one of those things went wrong...when it all works, it's great.

Except now I can't stop imagining a toffee crisp......you bástards :D

Speaking of food just treated myself to a takeout/delivery. First one in years, how sad is that!

Food arrived promptly, was still hot, delivery man was pleasant and friendly, and having just walloped into it I can also attest that it was tasty as fúck.

Kind of take it for granted but I'd be TA'd if one of those things went wrong...when it all works, it's great.

Dessert has arrived :D

I've got three in the cupboard.
    Crisp orange wrapper housing a puff-rice filled chocolatey caramel centre, wrapped in chocolate.......
    Three of them.
    THREE.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Singing along to songs when I'm in the car really loudly and not giving a damn who cares

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Merv the perv

eviltwin wrote: »
    Singing along to songs when I'm in the car really loudly and not giving a damn who cares

I think I encounter you on my commute to work every morning.

• Advertisement

eviltwin wrote: »

Seeing someone doing that always makes me smile!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement