Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

Lazing about on a Sunday afternoon with nowhere to go and nowhere to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭dasdog

I found a wheat beer hiding in my fridge earlier. Then I found a bottle of Czech pilsner. Think I've just won the game of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm dog-sitting for my brother in his Cribs-tastic house. I live with a very needy sister so four days in this massive pile with no-one but the dog for company is BLISS!

Currently curled up on the couch with my book and NO TV ON! I don't know meself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Yogurt peanuts and raisins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

When someone gives you a box of chocs for no particular reason. And they are not out of date!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

A bottle of water in the fridge for after a run/walk/adventure. I drink a lot of water and I like water but there's just something about cold water after exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Sausage sandwich on Batch bread with real butter, accompanied by a cup of tea.

Been craving it all week and as today is my treat day (rest from the gym), I ate it all without guilt!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

There was a guy I really fancied in my class in college years ago but was always too shy to talk to him. A few months back we matched on tinder. I said I'd bite the bullet and send the first message, short friendly message. Was embarrassed when I never got a reply and even more embarrassed when I passed him on the street a couple of times after.

Parked up today and see him walking to a row of cars behind me. He gets in to an atrocious granny wagon. Trivial but has made me happy :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Buttered toast :)

And a cup of tea.

I had a crappy few days but that made everything better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Fridge magnets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Looking at sh-t, miserable Irish towns on Instant Streetview makes me happy I live in a large city.

Bumping in to a girl that dumped me when we were in school and finally realising what a lucky escape I had!

My noisy neighbours are moving out.

They've been the bane of my life since they moved in, with a child who seems to cry from morning to night, his siblings using the back garden as their own assault course, smacking footballs against my fence, screaming at the top of their lungs, countless toys being thrown over the wall and the parents banging every cupboard in the house so loudly it almost reverberates on my side.

Add this to the parents talking really loudly in the garden, singing amongst themselves and their kids climbing my railings...I've bitten my tongue all this time and now finally, they're going.

Good feckin riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I managed to slip the 'I accidentally' meme into an email to the team at work and nobody caught it. This has made me unreasonably pleased with myself.

Having a particularly delicious bag of King cheese and onion crisps.
    You know when there's no broken ones and each one is a perfectly formed specimen of potato-ey goodness and bags of flavour.
    Mmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

When it's 90 mins til pub time!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Banta

Just had 11 green lights in a row!!! No one red until I reached my destination.

Thunder and Lightening! Nature is a great thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Banta wrote: »
    Just had 11 green lights in a row!!! No one red until I reached my destination.

Witchcraft! !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Didn't know there was a more positive version of the other thread.

That makes me trivially happy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The dance moves from the rapping bear in the Muller Rice ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

A cold can of club orange!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Having the house to myself for a night when the Mrs and kd go to visit Granny

Takeaway central here I come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Tiger bread

So many things.

Coffee and a caramel crisp from Costa.
    Pint of super cold beer.
    Cuddles.
    Looking at my friend and us both killing ourselves laughing.
    Pizza.
    Being awake at 5 am knowing I have nothing to do that day.
    Train carriage to myself.
    New socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Going into the barbers and there is nobody in front of me -- in and out in 10 minutes.

Finding Irn-Bru in a shop (I'm from Scotland and it's my favourite soft drink)

Inadvertently leaving a note of money in your pocket, only to find it weeks later when you wear the jeans again and you realize you're €20 up.

When a package I order finally arrives.

When the clocks go back.

Winter.

Bad Weather like today. Nice and cool breeze creeping into my window and I love hearing the rain.

Being on a near-empty bus.

A morning cup of coffee. My stride is removed if I miss it.

When my dog sees me and his tail goes mental :)

When my girlfriend's dog nudges my hand to pet him and his leg kicks when I do.

When Game of Thrones comes back for another season.

When X-Factor finishes for another year.

Saying something I know is funny but not realizing that it was so funny it causes the person listening to me to lose the use of their legs from laughing. Really puts me in a good mood :D

Finally buying something I saved up months for.

I could go on, there are so many things that put me in a good mood but these are my highlights :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I had about a foot of hair chopped off today at the hairdresser's. I feel great, don't miss it yet and feel way better about myself :)

This morning I saw an old man - well into his eighties, out for a walk with a pram. Made my heart all smiley :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

When my German Shepherds are sleeping, I walk into the room and their big wolfy tails start wagging furiously. Their barely awake and they're just so delighted that I walked in. It always warms the heart when that happens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement