Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Seen a woman, of around early 30s in Aldi early and she looked so fecking miserable, but cute. She was in front of me at the checkouts and as she began to pack her stuff into her bag, the check out guy asked if she had ID for the last item, a bottle of wine. Well, he may as well have told her she would never have to pay for another item in Aldi again as was the look of sheer delight on her face, which she tried so hard to hide, but failed miserably at. She shuffled off all excited and almost bounded out into Parnell St. I honestly half thought she might start Julie Andrews style dancing up and down the street singing 'The hills are alive..'.

Anyway, that made me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I remember years ago when I was in college I went to a student bar a good hour before it filled up and put all my change (€15) into the jukebox and entered the code for The Specials' Ghost Town as many times as possible.

The reactions of the teeny boppers hoping to hear the latest pop sh!te was worth every penny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Fresh bed sheets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Seen a woman, of around early 30s in Aldi early and she looked so fecking miserable, but cute. She was in front of me at the checkouts and as she began to pack her stuff into her bag, the check out guy asked if she had ID for the last item, a bottle of wine. Well, he may as well have told her she would never have to pay for another item in Aldi again as was the look of sheer delight on her face, which she tried so hard to hide, but failed miserably at. She shuffled off all excited and almost bounded out into Parnell St. I honestly half thought she might start Julie Andrews style dancing up and down the street singing 'The hills are alive..'.

Anyway, that made me happy.

Ha that actually happened me. It was around this time last year and i was buying alcohol for a holloween party.

The girl behind the counter asked for my id and i was just so shocked that i was speechless. The silence went on a bit too long then i just blurted out something like "eh im so happy you just asked me that. I cant believe it" with a big stupid smile on my face. Youd swear i had won the lotto. Well there was no point in lying. Even when i think of it now i have a mixture of feeling happy and cringing for my reaction :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I remember years ago when I was in college I went to a student bar a good hour before it filled up and put all my change (€15) into the jukebox and entered the code for The Specials' Ghost Town as many times as possible.

The reactions of the teeny boppers hoping to hear the latest pop sh!te was worth every penny.

This reminds me of that bit from father ted :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I know that this will annoy some people...but Superquinn are selling Mince pies! Having my first two now...drowning in custard. Yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭TheNobleKipper

Buying a brand new pack of toilet paper on your way home from a date. The perfect finishing touch for a good day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

When you pour the last bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes, and you get the delicious peanut-y dust from the bottom of the bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

elfy4eva wrote: »
    When you pour the last bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes, and you get the delicious peanut-y dust from the bottom of the bag!

Mm mm...a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes, with sliced banana on top, and cream instead of milk.....*homer drooling gif*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Mince pies with icing on them, with a splash of cream. Nom nom nom.

• Advertisement

starling wrote: »
    Mm mm...a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes, with sliced banana on top, and cream instead of milk.....*homer drooling gif*

I actually prefer bananas and cream than the more popular strawberries and cream. Might add a few crunchy nut cornflakes next time :)

Anyone ever get a random kitkat that has no waifer? Its just chochlate and really nice. A few people i know have got these. Its really like getting a golden ticket when you realise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Tried a fairly complex computer experiment today (involving virtual machines), and was pleasantly surprised that it actually worked without major problems.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I got my hair cut the other day and I didn't like it because it was half way down my back and now it's at my shoulders. I washed it today and it took about 5 minutes to brush compared to 40 minutes before this. Loving my hair now haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

You know that sound crumbly, mature cheddar makes when you slice it with a cheese slicer? Well that makes me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

When you open a trey of yummy garlic/curry chips and savour the delicious smell :):)
    Too good :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

When I am cleaning my bike in the back garden sometimes a Robin lands on the saddle and stays there while I work.
    Its difficult not to enjoy that kind of company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Spent the last 24 hours in a short stay hospital ward which I know from experience has very poor phone reception.

But they've recently installed patient WiFi. Don't know how I'd have coped otherwise, time dragged as it was. Top marks from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

just realised my posts have been thanked exactly 3,000 times, a neat figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

when ****ers on the radio shut their cesspools and just playa music, ya man, fire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Robsweezie wrote: »
    just realised my posts have been thanked exactly 3,000 times, a neat figure.

Not anymore :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Back to the Future stuff, emails, funnies!
    Ah I love it all

A really good curry that makes your cheeks tingle with hotness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭TheNobleKipper

When your spouse comes home after work and has a big smile on her face and you just know that this smile will be infectious

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

A complete stranger smiled at me and said hello on a busy street. She might have a been a total weirdo, I don't care. I was feeling a bit low at the time and her little bit of niceness gave me a boost.

Thanks happy, smiley woman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Looking at my tortoises eating their weeds. They just look so happy to be stuffing their faces :)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

You know when you go into the kitchen in the morning and can still smell what you cooked last night. Om nom nom, stirfry for breakfast anyone ? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Might sound a little selfish or weird, but my parents will be away for the weekend, and the OH works for a multinational and has to work bank holidays.... So I get to be by myself for all of Monday. :D I don't have anything outrageous planned but thinking about doing these trivial things makes me happy:

Sleeping on for an hour by myself, spread out like a starfish and not listening to someone beside me snoring or phlumping around in the bed

Drinking my coffee in complete silence

A long hot shower and not worrying about leaving some hot water for someone else

Taking the dog for a walk (the other is recovering from surgery)

Having the kitchen to myself while I prepare dinner

Doing some studying without any noise in the house

Drinking a few glasses of wine while I watch As Good as it Gets for the 1000th time, with my little doggy snuggled beside me.

Ah bliss..... :)

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Might sound a little selfish or weird, but my parents will be away for the weekend, and the OH works for a multinational and has to work bank holidays.... So I get to be by myself for all of Monday. :D I don't have anything outrageous planned but thinking about doing these trivial things makes me happy:

Sleeping on for an hour by myself, spread out like a starfish and not listening to someone beside me snoring or phlumping around in the bed

Drinking my coffee in complete silence

A long hot shower and not worrying about leaving some hot water for someone else

Taking the dog for a walk (the other is recovering from surgery)

Having the kitchen to myself while I prepare dinner

Doing some studying without any noise in the house

Drinking a few glasses of wine while I watch As Good as it Gets for the 1000th time, with my little doggy snuggled beside me.

Ah bliss..... :)

Oldnotwise, i cant help but read your posts as if said in a funny/angry tone because im so used to reading your TA posts that way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I have a relative in hospital (mentioned in the Trivial Things that Annoy You thread) and I've been so worried.

Today they went for an electrical cardioversion which is basically where they use those paddles on your chest to stop your heart for a second before restarting it to get it back to its' normal rhythm.
    I Googled it and the procedure looks TERRIFYING.

Anyway I got a call to say they were going down for the procedure this morning.
    Unable to sit around the house worrying myself sick, I decided to get out and about.

I couldn't call the hospital for another hour, so I paid some bills and drove around.
    It was only when I got to the supermarket that I started feeling sick with worry.

I was pushing the trolley but not even concentrating on what I was doing.
    As I neared the end of the shop I called the hospital and my relative was back on the ward and everything was OK.

I'm not joking when I tell you I felt like bawling my eyes out. I wanted to tell everyone in the shop how relieved I was, but obviously I didn't.

So, to cut a very long story short, relief is a wonderful thing that has made me happy today.

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    So, to cut a very long story short, relief is a wonderful thing that has made me happy today.

Ah, thats good to hear. There will be a smile on your face for a while!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement