Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

fire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

fire

Are you a pyromaniac? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Are you a pyromaniac? ;)

Or an underemployed fireman?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭dragona

Not cremating my oven chips makes me happy - it's like a little miracle in the kitchen!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

A cup of tea the moment you wake up. Isn't it the nicest cup of the whole day?

Having fresh clean floors; steam-mopped them today and I just love knowing it's been done.

Activia Raspberry yogurts. I was never a big fan of yogurts but I like these; they're creamy and sweet and lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

The first sip of tea on top of a Connemara mountain after a bracing winter climb.
    That and the first bite of the heavily buttered fruitcake.
    Heaven on earth.

After months of exercise and dieting, I'm feeling better about myself than I have in a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

New socks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I love a bowl of hot chowder, as I am seated beside a blazing fire in The Bloody Stream in Howth, after a bracing walk on the pier on a very cold day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Woke up in the middle of the night all warm and toasty and I could hear how stormy and miserable it was outside.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Teafor two12345

rosie16 wrote: »
    Woke up in the middle of the night all warm and toasty and I could hear how stormy and miserable it was outside.

Walking in the rain with a really warm coat scarf and gloves totally wrapped up prepared ..just for a little while mind. Then in to a really warm house toasty and with a fire and toast and orange juice...and a movie :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

The sound of the barber's scissors cutting wet hair.

Walking in the rain with a really warm coat scarf and gloves totally wrapped up prepared ..just for a little while mind. Then in to a really warm house toasty and with a fire and toast and orange juice...and a movie :-)

Went for a cycle just there (yeah only me would go out in this weather). Had a massive amount of fun going through the puddles. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Teafor two12345

rosie16 wrote: »
    Went for a cycle just there (yeah only me would go out in this weather). Had a massive amount of fun going through the puddles. :D

Awh ! :-) It's weird it makes you feel cosier when it's like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

free drink

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

The Donegal accent. Read me bedtime stories please. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Submitting my electricity meter reading and the bill being slightly less high than usual.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Getting Sky Sports. All my Christmases came at once.

As I suspected, it's a lovely night for a run. :D

I was in lidl earlier and there was an older gentleman trying to get a 10kg bag of dog food into his trolley. I thought it might have been too heavy for him and I offered to help which I did. Turns out it was trapped in that plastic wrapping. When I came out of the shop he was returning his trolley and he waved at me. New friend! ha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The Stone Roses first album.

Timeless and great to have in the background while doing stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When you are detoxing after weeks of eating cráp and you drink lots of water and then eventually your pee is almost water coloured - ah purity :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,181 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There's a certain song that whenever it comes on the radio randomly just perks me up, a different feeling that when I would put it on myself or through YouTube oddly enough. It has to no ties to a person or an event or anything, just a lovely song!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I help out at a youth musical and we had rehearsals today. Some of the kids are amazing singers, I love listening to them belting out my favourite songs from Grease!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dandyelevan

Driving through the rain-swept back roads of east Galway yesterday and turned on the radio just in time to hear Guantanemara sung by The Sandpipers...
    Class!

Ahh, the auld memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Fresh socks / bed sheets.

When you turn the second half of the football on and they are just kicking off.

When you get the car mini valeted and it smells so good.

When you hear a new band and they sound class.

when online deliveries arrive

Getting home from work, getting out of the jeans and into the basketball shorts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

^

I know the feeling. But for me it's the Superdry tracksuit bottoms rather than basketball shorts. They're ultra comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sometimes when I get my lunch I like to sing to it in the Beethoven's 5th Symphony melody with lyrics Welcome to me, welcome to me. Be it in some cafe or in the work canteen, it sort of makes me trivially happy. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Its halloween in my college and I cant wait to get dressed up in costume :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Its freakishly warm out today for Holloween. If it stays that way we wont need to ruin our costumes by wearing heavy coats over them at the fireworks tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Watching a nature programme on BBC1 now.

The education about insects I'd never heard of, the extraordinary quality of the camerawork, the soothing voice of David Attenborough...it's a pleasure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement