Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

When my German Shepherds are sleeping, I walk into the room and their big wolfy tails start wagging furiously. Their barely awake and they're just so delighted that I walked in. It always warms the heart when that happens.

They're not called mans best friend for nothing you know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Being in the mood to do cleaning has me happy today. Also getting out and about talking to people face to face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The new ad for Ribena.

Zubby do zubby do zubby do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When you're finally over a cold and your taste buds come back, the woolly-headed feeling disappears and you can enjoy your food and drink again.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Hunky dory crisps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Stumbling across a Kinder Bueno that I bought earlier, but forgot about. This isn't trivial - it's the best thing that's happened to me all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I'm overweight and weighed myself today. I'd lost five pounds which I wasn't expecting. This means I've lost over a stone in total. Yay me! Just over two more to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Clean chimney. Minimal fuss. Let the coziness commence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My brother introduced to the ambrosia of the Gods that is Meridian crunchy peanut butter. UHHHNNNG YES. That on a bitta toast with some banana slices and a cuppa- HEAVEN.

Opening a book onto the page you wanted. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Selling something on adverts for the price you want to someone who does not mess you around and is very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Coming home to little surprises

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I said in the "Trivial things that annoy you" thread that I had a bad cold, then a chest infection, lost my voice and got another cold two days ago.

Last night I was sitting on the sofa, sniffing and blowing my nose and couldn't taste a thing. I felt very sorry for myself and yet this morning I awake and my cold is gone!

Completely gone! I'm all better, I can taste things, the Kleenex have been banished to the bathroom, along with the Vicks Vaporub, the Vicks inhaler, the Strepsils and the chapstick.

Hello Saturday, you're looking well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

My two month old discovered her own feet and has been looking at them for ages in amazement.

Its keeping her entertained while i get some cleaning done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Winning the queue bingo in Lidl earlier when they opened anoher till. Stayed where I was and was packing my bags at the shelf by the time the first person in the new queue was served.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

Waking up and then realising your alarm is a blissful two hours in the future.

When you're listening to the radio and a great song comes on. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

After discovering her feet yesterday, my baby slept for the whole night for the first time.

Its actually not trivial, its monumental after no more than three hours of uninterupted sleep for the last 2-3 months! Fresh as a daisy :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I changed the bed clothes and then had a shower. I had the nicest sleep all snuggled up, I was so comfy!

I read back over this thread this morning. Such a great thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Hearing my kids laughing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

A dinner that's been made for you.... It's been 7 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Not really trivial but the moon makes me so happy that on an evening like this I can't help smiling and singing moon-themed songs :)

Yes I know it's odd but I'm so happy I don't care.

Viva les lunatics!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 T K

Eclipses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

Daisy78 wrote: »
    Lime daiquiri in the fridge waiting for me after my walk in the sun....

My new silk shawl. ...it may look ridiculous to some but it gives me lots of the happies wearing it. ..

I have some big washed-silk scarves and I wear them all the time, and I know what you mean. I am obsessed with nice fabrics! And sometimes I see pictures of these incredible shawls and think they would be so lovely to wear, but I'm too scared :( Is it weird if I ask for a pic of your shawl?

Anyway my little thing that makes me happy is indulging my addiction to buying nail polish. You know those days* when you can't choose what to wear because you aren't happy with your body, or you're trying to put on makeup and instead of enjoying it you're noticing flaws, and you don't get the enjoyment you should be getting from it...nail polish. It's like shoes, you can't be too fat for it. Except it's way more affordable.

The whole process makes me ridiculously happy.....staring at all the pretty colours in the displays, like a kid in a sweet shop; carefully painting each nail and feeling all zen and calm; catching the flash of cheerful colour every time you look at your hands; even picking it off when it starts to chip (I know, I can't help it).

And when you're broke, being able to do all that for literally a couple of euros, with no guilt! Magic.

*or, y'know, weeks or whatever ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

It's not really trivial but my little sister is home from Paris today! She's been working there since the end of May. Can't wait to have her home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Hearing a song you love on the radio on the drive to work... *turns it up*

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm not a cat person but we got a kitten at the weekend.

The little bast@rd made me happy last night when it dozed off beside me on the couch.
    Then this morning it was happier than my family combined to see me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Hearing a song you love on the radio on the drive to work... *turns it up*

When you have the music on your phone on 'Shuffle' and one of your favourite songs comes on! Now, you have the song on your phone so you can listen to it ANYTIME you like but there's something about hearing it through the randomness of a 'Shuffle' that makes you smile and be happy that bit more! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Curling up in bed with the OH on a Friday evening with the hot water bottles, bottle of wine, movie on the laptop, popcorn and the dog snuggled in the middle. The whole weekend stretching before you. Ah bliss :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement