Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

When you make a perfect toasted sammich. All ingredients in the correct proportion. The toast is crispy on the outside and the filling is gooey and warm. Your tea is at optimum drinking temperature and for a few minutes all is OK in your world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭roadrunner16

When you get a new phone and you get to peel the protective film of the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Forgetting the storyline of a movie/book/game you liked and being able to enjoy it all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Having a packet of crisps when you have not had one in months. Savor every bite and cheese and onioney goodness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Forgetting the storyline of a movie/book/game you liked and being able to enjoy it all over again.

Or picking up on new subplots, nuggets of information you missed first time around or rewatching/rereading and seeing so many incidents being foreshadowed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Listening to a really inspiring orchestral film soundtrack and getting shivers down your spine! And then feeling all motivated and stuff :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

The cinema, I love going to the cinema for some reason....... it's probably the buttered popcorn :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 El Burro Juicioso

Waking up at 8.30 pm, when you should have woken up at 7. Cursing your own stupidity as to why you didn't set an alarm, or why the alarm did not wake you up. Stupid technology, can't even function correctly. Boss is going to give out to me today, may get a warning, slippery road to getting fired. May have to get back home and stop working abroad. What an absolute disaster all because of that stupi.....

Oh it's Saturday...

This one's kind of manky but my nephews have recently discovered the 'Diarrhea' song and we have been HOWLING with laughter while trying to make up new verses :o

My current favourite is: "When you're climbing up a mountain and you feel a big brown fountain? Diarrhea! Diarrhea!'

So silly but so, so funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭misscpmfan

Laughing. Having a good long tear laugh is the best feeling in the world. Along with some Sex.

• Advertisement

misscpmfan wrote: »
    Laughing. Having a good long tear laugh is the best feeling in the world. Along with some Sex.

https://youtu.be/-w-58hQ9dLk

This never fails to make me roar laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

A surprise FaceTime call from the sister who've I've not heard from in a while :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 looseliver

Putting on a coat you haven't worn in a while and finding a fiver in the pocket

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Packing the kids off for sleepovers so me and Mrs. _Bap can get a night out.....and been able to synchronise it with my close childhood friends so that we are all meeting up tonight.
    The planets must be alligned.

Nostalgia.

Had a browse thru this today - a 1973 Argus catalogue...I can remember so many of those products from my childhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

A warm mug of tea and a few squares of white chocolate to dunk in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

misscpmfan wrote: »

Although it is very, very, very important that both should never be combined.

Although it is very, very, very important that both should never be combined.

I have to disagree :)

There, I admit it. I'm a laugher in the sack :D

My trivial thing today is falling into a river while trying to creep on some herons. Best laugh I've had in ages!

Checking an old loyalty card and discovering you have a free night in a Radisson hotel to play with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

When your online order arrives before the estimated delivery date.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

A Galaxy Ripple and tea.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Tea seems to be very much a common denominator...

For me, right now, it's a cup of tea and listening to BBC Radio 3 while I have to complete a boring task at work. Makes it bearable.

That, and looking forward to my daily swim in the bay after I finish work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Came back from a long walk, had a shower and got into clean pjs (yes, I know what time it is, thank you), then I had a pack of cheese and onion crisps and I'm feeling quite happy with myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

My elderly neighbours just walked by the house holding hands. They have been together 60 years.

Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Happy that today's the day I can have a few treats.
    After a week of hitting the gym hard, walking every evening and eating right, tonight's the night when I can have a couple of beers and a few nibbles.
    I look forward to Saturday nights all week!

I've also got a Galaxy Ripple and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in the press so I've a choice for my cuppa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

When your online order arrives before the estimated delivery date.

Scrap that for my latest order! But Amazon gave me back the p&p for being late with the delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

747 airport bus to Dublin city centre. Like a whistle stop of popular sights around the city. I like watching the tourists taking it all in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

The feeling of relief and comfort I have when I get home and take off my underwired bra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

A big long loud ripply fart :) nothing beats it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement