Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Lads has anyone here ever changed a set of front pads on a Yamaha Aerox YQ50? I've changed pads before on bikes, on this occasion i can't get the pin to release despite removing the retaining clip. Seems like it is too big on either end. Bit baffled. Changed the pads on my DL with no issue at all but a scooter beats me.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Lads has anyone here ever changed a set of front pads on a Yamaha Aerox YQ50? I've changed pads before on bikes, on this occasion i can't get the pin to release despite removing the retaining clip. Seems like it is too big on either end. Bit baffled. Changed the pads on my DL with no issue at all but a scooter beats me.

Can you drive it through with a drift.

Can you drive it through with a drift.

Will upload a photo later this afternoon of it, probably the easiest thing. frustrating though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

That's a Brembo caliper, once you have removed the little horshoe clip the pin should be able to come out, from the direction of the wheel outwards, you may need to remove the caliper to get a decent angle to tap it out.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    That's a Brembo caliper, once you have removed the little horshoe clip the pin should be able to come out, from the direction of the wheel outwards, you may need to remove the caliper to get a decent angle to tap it out.

Spot on she's a brembo, removing the caliper looks like what needs to happen, access is limited as it is, but not impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Heard the weather might be mad this week, time to get the chains on so!
    471471.jpeg

thos wrote: »
    Heard the weather might be mad this week, time to get the chains on so!

I'm hoping that was a joke! Chains like that will do absolutely nothing for grip.
    You need these..:D
    471473.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Got my test coming up next week so had to use the instructors bike for the pre-test lesson.

****ing MT-07 is absolutely tiny, can't see the speedo, no windscreen, lurched over like... uh... ****ing Lurch from Addams Family.

Why the hell do people buy these tiny little bikes?

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Got my test coming up next week so had to use the instructors bike for the pre-test lesson.

****ing MT-07 is absolutely tiny, can't see the speedo, no windscreen, lurched over like... uh... ****ing Lurch from Addams Family.

Why the hell do people buy these tiny little bikes?

Jasus, i thought only i felt that experience :pac:

Jasus, i thought only i felt that experience :pac:

I was actually afraid when I was going only 100km/h on the dual-carriageway, was getting blown back so hard I thought the front wheel was going to come up.

• Advertisement

I was actually afraid when I was going only 100km/h on the dual-carriageway, was getting blown back so hard I thought the front wheel was going to come up.

They do feel very very light in fairness, especially on the dual- carriageway.

How did you get on with the u-turn down the back of the factory?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Great for the test though. U turns are so handy on em.

zubair wrote: »
    Great for the test though. U turns are so handy on em.

Agreed.

The same instructor was going buying SV650’s instead of them, what swayed him was the shorter exhaust on the MT-07 for situations where the bikes are dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Damn snow! Won't be on the bike for the next few days. Hope it doesn't stick around too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Damn snow! Won't be on the bike for the next few days. Hope it doesn't stick around too long.

Snow :eek: Where ?

mamax wrote: »
    Snow :eek: Where ?

Plenty of it here on the south side of Cork City

Better safe then sliding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Have always wanted a fair of these since trying the IBT instructors pair but couldn't pull the trigger on a £200 pair of gloves :o

Got them for €150 off Donedeal as the guy didn't like them.

I'm like a pig in ****, they ooze build quality; they are a tight fit and will need some time to bed in though. Roll on better weather.

fyi: They're £135 on sportsbikeshop now if anyone's interested.

fvsnvTO
    https://imgur.com/fvsnvTO
    hezzBVL
    https://imgur.com/hezzBVL

If these pictures don't work can someone click the below link and see what I'm doing wrong with my IMG tags? It should be fine..
    https://imgur.com/m8g35MX

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Pics working fine. Decent gloves them.

Have always wanted a fair of these since trying the IBT instructors pair but couldn't pull the trigger on a £200 pair of gloves :o

Got them for €150 off Donedeal as the guy didn't like them.

I'm like a pig in ****, they ooze build quality; they are a tight fit and will need some time to bed in though. Roll on better weather.

fyi: They're £135 on sportsbikeshop now if anyone's interested.

fvsnvTO
    https://imgur.com/fvsnvTO
    hezzBVL
    https://imgur.com/hezzBVL

If these pictures don't work can someone click the below link and see what I'm doing wrong with my IMG tags? It should be fine..
    https://imgur.com/m8g35MX

They actually look great, are they warm? I've only got a pair of summer riding gloves and even with the heated grips my hands can get a bit chilly.

Also, to the lad I saw this morning attempting to ride his bike through Bandon.

I salute you, sir. I commend you. I bow before you.

Because I have never ever seen such a colossal ****ing moron in my entire life. Nowhere you have to go is so important you'd attempt riding a bike on an ice-covered road at 8.30am.

• Advertisement

[QUOTE=IrishGrimReaper;1092822

Because I have never ever seen such a colossal ****ing moron in my entire life. Nowhere you have to go is so important you'd attempt riding a bike on an ice-covered road at 8.30am.

That’s a bit harsh! It’s quite possible he was finishing a night shift and had no other way to get home.

I rode through snow one evening last year because I had to. It started when I was about 10kms from home. If you’re careful and you have no choice then do it. No need to be abused for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

They actually look great, are they warm? I've only got a pair of summer riding gloves and even with the heated grips my hands can get a bit chilly.

I won't be wearing them now anyway. I bought them for when the weather gets warmer.

They aren't waterproof either; light drizzle probably be ok.

That’s a bit harsh! It’s quite possible he was finishing a night shift and had no other way to get home.

I rode through snow one evening last year because I had to. It started when I was about 10kms from home. If you’re careful and you have no choice then do it. No need to be abused for it.

Nah, I stand by it. I made the mistake many years back of attempting to ride on ice and nearly killed myself trying to do it.

Leave the bike at work and get a lift from someone else at work or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

It's not even the snow, the wind chill through the hands and feet were enough for me to leave the bike at home.

Got the bus and luas instead, don't know how anyone could ride in this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,245 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Said zero degrees on my phone just before I left the house. Felt warmer this morning than coming home yesterday, because I put extra layers on :)

Heated grips on full all the way though. Helps that my commute is only ~20 minutes as well.

The only frost to be seen was a small bit on the roofs of parked cars, going by the forecast I was expecting slippy pavements and roads in the estate, but there was nothing

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭emo72

Only the brave ride now!

Nah, I stand by it. I made the mistake many years back of attempting to ride on ice and nearly killed myself trying to do it.

Leave the bike at work and get a lift from someone else at work or something.

No offense meant. Just thought it was a little harsh. I myself bussed to work this morning and will do again tomorrow and Friday. Hate not being on the bike but that’s just the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

This morning was bad but wasn't expecting to hit black ice on the way home. Needless to say the camera makes this look tame, bars and bike were all over the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Cian_ok

emo72 wrote: »
    Only the brave ride now!

N11 into Dublin was fine today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

emo72 wrote: »
    Only the brave ride now!

Don't forget the crazy lads :P
    Took the car today and will until this cold snap is gone, can't be listening to herself goin on about it ;)

Advertisement