Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I’ve just noticed that I’ve lost my tax disc. Is it possible to get a replacement one? Anyone know how much it will cost? My tax is up for renewal the end of February anyway. Tempted to wait till then and just hope I don’t get stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Blondie919 wrote: »
    I’ve just noticed that I’ve lost my tax disc. Is it possible to get a replacement one? Anyone know how much it will cost? My tax is up for renewal the end of February anyway. Tempted to wait till then and just hope I don’t get stopped.

Id take the chance. By the time they actually send you one out will be very close to renewal time anyway.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Never in my 10+ years of biking have I ever had a tax disk on a bike. Been stopped a few times and never got more than a polite ask to keep it on me. You'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Once ever in my life was I asked for tax at a checkpoint, on a moped over a decade ago. You need to go to the Garda station and get a lost tax disc declaration signed by them, then bring that to the tax office and pay something like €6 for the replacement. As you can renew your tax from February 1st I would hold off.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,779 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Mines stuck to my fridge ....

And has been year on year on year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭honda boi

Looking to pick up tyres for the gsx1400
    Bridgestone battleaxe bt023 can be gotten for €160 for the set on motorcycleshop.ie before midnight
    Any good are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,203 ✭✭✭✭blade1

honda boi wrote: »
    Looking to pick up tyres for the gsx1400
    Bridgestone battleaxe bt023 can be gotten for €160 for the set on motorcycleshop.ie before midnight
    Any good are they?

They are ok'ish.
    Not the best by a long shot for grip when on the power.
    They do last a long time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭honda boi

blade1 wrote: »
    They are ok'ish.
    Not the best by a long shot for grip when on the power.
    They do last a long time though.

Thanks blade.
    Will go with them.
    I'd say there's nothing like it at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,203 ✭✭✭✭blade1

honda boi wrote: »
    Thanks blade.
    Will go with them.
    I'd say there's nothing like it at that price.

Theyll do just fine as long as you are not pushing things to the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

While they are the earlier version I came off on the bt21. They were nearly finished but with not enough wear to cause any concern and the rear started to spin in the wet, it was manageable but you needed to be aware when exiting corners. Then I hit a nice pool of diesel on an on ramp and they were changed for an amazing set of dunlop R3s, after the repairs were done. Don't get them, the bt23 are known for spinning too, especially in the wet, you'd be better of spending more. Look at the PR3 or Angel gt if you want a cheaper but very good tyre.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Used a couple of sets on an fjr. I was happy enough with them. Two up most of the time they gave just over 8k kms.

Emmersonn wrote: »
    Used a couple of sets on an fjr. I was happy enough with them. Two up most of the time they gave just over 8k kms.

Is 8k kms not a very small amount ? What is the norm?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Pretty average for a bike like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

FJR is a heavy bike so more wear and 2 up will increase wear even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Just changed the rear on my NC750x at Christmas. It was a Dunlop roadsmart 3 and I got 23k out of it. Plenty of thread on the sides but that the way it is with motorway commuting. I think 23k is good going though.

Who wants to buy a BMW GSA ??

"Spy" shots of the new Triumph Rocket 2500

Triumph_Rocket_4.jpg

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2019-triumph-rocket-3/

takemymoney.jpg

You know the old saying " you only live once". Well with this it'll be quite a short life. I'm Very very very tempted :D

Just changed the rear on my NC750x at Christmas. It was a Dunlop roadsmart 3 and I got 23k out of it. Plenty of thread on the sides but that the way it is with motorway commuting. I think 23k is good going though.

What’s the NC750 like to ride? I was looking at a few on donedeal recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Accident in Finglas from reading on Indo, shell looks like a BMW?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/motorcyclist-seriously-injured-after-he-struck-van-garda-investigating-37712587.html

Hope the rider makes a recovery, serious injuries however.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Accident in Finglas from reading on Indo, shell looks like a BMW?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/motorcyclist-seriously-injured-after-he-struck-van-garda-investigating-37712587.html

Hope the rider makes a recovery, serious injuries however.

Looks like an R1200R. Must have been some impact to set it on fire !! :(

I hope he pulls through.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Terrible accident. Hopefully they recover ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

What’s the NC750 like to ride? I was looking at a few on donedeal recently.

My biking experience is not great. I have had a blackbird,cb400 and NC750x. For me the NC is the best commuter bike. I have a 50 minute commute from the midlands and 40 of them are motorway. I have never had bad buffeting or negative effect from the motorway. Service intervals are every 8000miles (but I do it sooner). I would be quite aggressive and it still returns 65+mpg.

Its very nippy from the lights. The DCT version is very smooth. It goes up and down the gears as needed. I have just passed 65k and I have not had any reliability issues. When the time comes my next commuter will be a newer version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

This is too funny.

Some scumbag tries putting it up to a biker who's filtering through traffic on Caple St.

The comments section is hilarious

This is too funny.

Some scumbag tries putting it up to a biker who's filtering through traffic on Caple St.

The comments section is hilarious

He has another video up where a bike in front of him nearly creams two junkies.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Looks like the opposite of evolution right there, Devolution.
    Humans turning into some kind of more primitive animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Hopefully her Hart problems will prevent here from squeezing out more idiot scum like her boyfriend.
    Just thought was the granny his girlfriend ha....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

The shouty pedestrian has a point though. Rider is an arse revving the engine like that. He should have seen the woman in plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,218 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Pedestrian is an arse for walking out into traffic. 'Cars stopped' does not equal 'traffic stopped'.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Pedestrian is an arse for walking out into traffic. 'Cars stopped' does not equal 'traffic stopped'.

Pedestrians are also the most vulnerable road users (yes, they are road users!), so the onus will always be on the rider or driver to keep an eye out for them. As noted, he had loads of time to spot them, and filtering down a street like that he should have been more than prepared - I think there were 2 or 3 other pedestrians doing similar in that clip too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Rider is an fool for putting that up..makes him look like a knob,try seeing it from someone that has no interest in bikes.. I dont think i would have reacted any differently..i would have rang the guards and reported him for using the bike as a weapon and dangerous driving.....if he hit someone or a car door opened he'd be fcuked....knobhead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Not a fan of the ole revy revy to intimidate pedestrians myself. Both of them are knobs.

Advertisement