Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Absolutely bucketing down rain in Cork today. It's just not stopping.

But, I passed my test! Full A Licence is mine. It rained the entire time, town was busy but traffic was flowing.

Declan is the only one to go to for it all.

Well done :)

Get into the NDLS ASAP, you'll be quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Declan is the only one to go to for it all.

Well done :)

Get into the NDLS ASAP, you'll be quick enough.

Getting in there Saturday morning to get it sorted out. Was hoping to pick up the new bike today but Credit Union can only give x amount per day.

Getting in there Saturday morning to get it sorted out. Was hoping to pick up the new bike today but Credit Union can only give x amount per day.

They are only open from 9-1 on Saturday's i think.

They can only give out x amount a day? i never knew that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

blade1 wrote: »
    Well wear zubair!
    A bike that I may pick up myself at some stage!
    Would like to know your thoughts on your one.

Cheers blade, so far so good. Really enjoying it but been stuck in B mode since I got it, weather has been crap! I can tell already that I'll be sticking with the MT for a long time.

What ya getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I'm looking to pick up black plasti dip. Any shops stock it around Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,502 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Keep an eye on this thread in the Weather forum tomorrow https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057953221

depending on where you are and how things pan out, it could be quite hairy on Friday or just a bit breezy. The predictions should be pretty accurate by late on Thursday/early hours of Friday.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Friday weather: not bothered - I work Sun-Thu :pac:

I'll be thinkin' of ya while I'm in duvet heaven. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭honda boi

Got an email from Carole Nash about there bike show in the RDS.
    Thinking of bringing the kids up,anyone know what's it like for kids?
    A 2,3 and 6 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭D3V!L

honda boi wrote: »
    Got an email from Carole Nash about there bike show in the RDS.
    Thinking of bringing the kids up,anyone know what's it like for kids?
    A 2,3 and 6 year old.

It's sh*t and not worth the €20 adult price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭prunudo

Its one of the only show the country gets, and its every 2 years. Shame its not supported by all the manufacturers but its far from ****. For a country that doesn't have a large motorbike following its not a bad show and a good way to see new models under one roof.
    You don't get much for 20 quid these days, so its not bad value for a few hours entertainment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭honda boi

Thanks lads.
    More just want something for the kids.
    They are insane about motorbikes!
    Couldn't care if there's anything interesting for me there :p
    Can get the tickets for €15 an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭prunudo

honda boi wrote: »
    Thanks lads.
    More just want something for the kids.
    They are insane about motorbikes!
    Couldn't care if there's anything interesting for me there :p
    Can get the tickets for €15 an adult.

If they're any way into bikes the kids will love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Theres' the NI Motorcycle Festival on this weekend also:
    https://www.eikonexhibitioncentre.co.uk/upcoming-events/ni-motorcycle-festival

thos wrote: »
    Theres' the NI Motorcycle Festival on this weekend also:
    https://www.eikonexhibitioncentre.co.uk/upcoming-events/ni-motorcycle-festival

I'm heading to this, far better. Well worth the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

I wish they opened full day Friday and I could have snuck up this morning. Looks good alright.

The vintage motorbike show is cheap in and my kids loved it!

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Headlight bulb went on me today. H4 12v 60/55w. Ill be around blanch or liffey valley on Thursday. is halfords the best place to pick up a new bulb. I want to try the osram night breaker or philips equivalent?

Headlight bulb went on me today. H4 12v 60/55w. Ill be around blanch or liffey valley on Thursday. is halfords the best place to pick up a new bulb. I want to try the osram night breaker or philips equivalent?

I have the philips 50% brighter H4's they are fantastic, i added a set of LED's for the parking bulbs as i was at it as they were so cheap, Halfords would have them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I buy all my bulbs from powerbulbs UK. As they are usually half the price of halfords. Halfords can be absolutely robbery for stuff like that.

Powerbulbs even replaced some for me as they offer warranty. My bulbs went after four months and be sent new ones Inc free shipping can't fault his customer service

listermint wrote: »
    I buy all my bulbs from powerbulbs UK. As they are usually half the price of halfords. Halfords can be absolutely robbery for stuff like that.

Powerbulbs even replaced some for me as they offer warranty. My bulbs went after four months and be sent new ones Inc free shipping can't fault his customer service

I'll order a spare but I'll need one asap so I'll have to pick one up asap

• Advertisement

Try Southside Motor Factors or any decent motor factors

Halfords are an absolute rip-off on some things but I got a good deal on Castrol Power 1 Racing fully synth a while back (4L of Power 1 semi-synth was less than €1 cheaper, which is a really bad deal)

Halfords are expensive compared to everywhere else, even when they have their 2 for 1 deal on.

Don't waste your time with the osrams or philips, tried them all, (my VFR used to blow both bulbs regularly enough for me to test them all) best bulbs I've used are the GEs.

zubair wrote: »
    my VFR used to blow both bulbs regularly enough for me to test them all

Excessive voltage?

I'm 24 years on bikes (as of tomorrow!) and I think I've only ever replaced 4 headlamp bulbs in that time.

Never found out, it's someone else's problem now.

The VFR had a light switch and the lamps could all be turned off, unlike most bikes. They would typically blow on start up (obviously not always) so I would turn them off before starting the bike; I reckon Honda added the switch because of this. I know another VFR owner who's had issues with blown bulbs too. That said, the headlights were ridiculously good on that bike.

Try Southside Motor Factors or any decent motor factors

Halfords are an absolute rip-off on some things but I got a good deal on Castrol Power 1 Racing fully synth a while back (4L of Power 1 semi-synth was less than €1 cheaper, which is a really bad deal)[/Q

Im actually in that area tomorrow so ill try them, thanks

Just checking...there is no difference with a car and bike bulb. As long as its a H4

Yeah no difference.

I'm a dope. Lucky not to ruin my lovely new bike last night. Was behind a truck on the N7 on the way home last night. I didn't realise the lane layout had changed overnight. I went to move into the next lane, started the manoeuvre and next thing there was a fooking choose your lane sign in front of me, went straight through the middle it. D'oh! Luckily no damage.

I recently came across a newish bike dealer in Dublin that had a lot of retro Jap import bikes. They seem to be flipping quite a few of them but one thing that concerned me is they weren't offering a warranty of any kind.

Does anyone know if this is legal ? I had my eye on one or two bikes there but I'm a little hesitant.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

That the guys in Dun Laoghaire area? They don't have to offer a warranty if the bike is over 2 years old iirc. They're all classics, I wouldn't offer a warranty on them if it were me!

• Advertisement

Colm17RvB wrote: »
    That the guys in Dun Laoghaire area? They don't have to offer a warranty if the bike is over 2 years old iirc. They're all classics, I wouldn't offer a warranty on them if it were me!

Fairy snuff :)

Just curious. They did have some nice machines. A first gen V-Max that I was "told" I wasn't bringing home :o

Advertisement