Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,779 ✭✭✭✭listermint

They wouldn't entertain the notion for me with Carole Nash either "it won't be taken into account until renewal". Wonder if anyone had success when they were with Liberty/Axa and passed the test. Might just be a UK insurer thing.

Nope.

No joy with liberty back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

I was insured with Quinn Direct when I passed my car test and got a rebate of monies paid.

Same appears not to be the case with the bikes.

I paid €400 comprehensive on a learner permit in July so wouldn’t have expected much anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,218 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Bit surprising that, Quinn back in the day were the biggest 'legal crooks' operation going.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Bit surprising that, Quinn back in the day were the biggest 'legal crooks' operation going.

They were the only ones who would insure me “reasonably” back then, but hindsight teaches people a lot, crooks is putting it mildly when one reflects on their dealings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

What gloves do you folks use? I picked up these Weise Outlast Diablo a few months back and can't seem to take to them at all, they'd be perfect except the inner liner just under the palm area tends to crease up and gets really uncomfortable.

They're not exactly designed to fit under the sleeves either which isn't helping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

Just bought a pair of Richa Artic (ride recommended)
    Well pleased with them. I tried a lot of gloves in the shop and they were the best fit, with no creases or seams in the wrong places.
    They were pre-formed as well, and just felt right.
    Nice and warm on the bike, and the lining is sewn in at the fingers, so it doesn't turn inside out when you take sweaty gloves off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

The Arctic or the goretex alternative, cold protect, are both good gloves. Not stupidly thick like many winter gloves but just as warm and they stay dry for hours. The gauntlet isn't very thick either so will fit under sleeves. Use the discount code shared on another thread for 20% with motorcycleshop.ie until 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Cheers lads, I'm gonna try give my own a hot wash and dry this evening to see if it makes any difference and if not will probably pick up a pair of the Richa Gore Tex with the 20% off they're coming in around €92.

What's Held products like? seen these Held Race Tex as well and they seem to be well reviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,203 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Cheers lads, I'm gonna try give my own a hot wash and dry this evening to see if it makes any difference and if not will probably pick up a pair of the Richa Gore Tex with the 20% off they're coming in around €92.

What's Held products like? seen these Held Race Tex as well and they seem to be well reviewed.

Louis have a sale on at the moment and have some held gloves.
    Also €5 off shipping when u spend 70 and use code "promotion number 500"
    https://www.louis.eu/katalog/aktuelle-werbung/wsv-2019/512

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have a mad notion to get an MSX125.
    Looking at a few now they seem really cheap in the UK compared to here and a lot of them are very low miles.
    Anyone here had a spin on one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

What height are you CJ ? Im sure youd have a bit of crack around town. But for anything longer like commuting I doubt it would suffice. The craic would easily wane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Looking at a few now they seem really cheap in the UK compared to here and a lot of them are very low miles.

I had one , absolutely mad craic !! :D We had to sell it though because we're saving for a house.
    GBX wrote: »
    What height are you CJ ? Im sure youd have a bit of crack around town. But for anything longer like commuting I doubt it would suffice. The craic would easily wane

I'm 6ft4 and 230lbs, it took me no problem

GBX wrote: »

I’m 5’7 100kg I wouldn’t use it in town that much mainly for the back of the camper when in campsites that are a bit out of town. I have a Deauville and a Dominator for longer stuff here but the MSX just appeals to me for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,055 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Lidl have the battery charger now, price €20. 6V/12V batteries up to 120Ah, logic chip, has pulse charge feature,

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Lidl have the battery charger now, price €20. 6V/12V batteries up to 120Ah, logic chip, has pulse charge feature,

Fcuk sake and i just bought an oximiser

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I’m 5’7 100kg I wouldn’t use it in town that much mainly for the back of the camper when in campsites that are a bit out of town. I have a Deauville and a Dominator for longer stuff here but the MSX just appeals to me for some reason.

Ah sure then it'd be ideal so :D

Esel wrote: »

Thanks. I'm on the lookout for one, but it's not shown on this page https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?id=667&week=1

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

I saw all of that other car stuff. Try your local store, I'd say they have them.

Not your ornery onager

Was in Rathmines Lidl (not the biggest) at lunchtime and they had all the motoring stuff on that page, but no charger, have you seen them in store?

Saw them in the store opposite Glasnevin cemetery.

If you ring customer care they should be able to check availability in stores near you.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Hmm was in the much bigger Lidl on the Nangor Road on the way home and none there either.

Any time they've had these in before they were on the website & catalogue. Could be one hanging around from previously in that store maybe?

3 left there tonight. Maybe only that store then?

They had jump leads as well, which also are not on the website...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭Goose81

Lads what's the need for battery chargers? My current bike is driven every day and never has a problem starting and my previous one was only driven weekends and never had a problem lying up and starting even after 3 weeks in the winter..

Goose81 wrote: »
    Lads what's the need for battery chargers? My current bike is driven every day and never has a problem starting and my previous one was only driven weekends and never had a problem lying up and starting even after 3 weeks in the winter..

I have more than one bike, I can't ride them all everyday and as well as the bikes I have other things that need batteries to be charged.
    If you don't need one thats great, but in my experience I struggle to have enough chargers and I have 3 smart chargers and one dumb charger that gets used for other projects as well as charging batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,779 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Goose81 wrote: »

Some folks drive them once a month or have alarms on them which murder batteries

My bike used to not charge the battery enough in winter if it was just ridden around the city and using accessories like spotlights, heated grips etc. five days a week with no weekend spins. Since then though I've upgraded the R/R and I fitted a new battery a couple of months ago, a charger is still nice to have for a bit of peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

If you own a Honda you need one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Don't do it myself mind you, but is it not recommend to leave batteries disconnected if lying up in cars/motorbikes?

Doesn't matter unless you have an alarm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,203 ✭✭✭✭blade1

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-msx-grom-125/20692146

Advertisement