Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Affair [Showtime]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭colmufc

What we saw at the sink was a separate occasion to the time he actually stabbed himself; he was conscious of what he was doing this time.

Allison would have either assumed Noah told Helen or that Helen would never go to the cops to own up. Scotty kind of deserved to die from her POV. Either way she's not expecting to have to deal with the consequences now that time has been served.

I'm not convinced about the stabbing entry wound , he should have been doing it with his left hand , anyway the knife was in the sink did the cops really miss that ?, anyway as far as Alison goes she can still be convicted of manslaughter , I don't think helan cares but I'm sure Alison would like not to go to prison

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is Noah suffering from schizophrenia?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

That last episode was complete ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Tazium

fin12 wrote: »
    Is Noah suffering from schizophrenia?
    Paranoia I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I'm about halfway through the episode. What's going on, why is this a season Finale

• Advertisement

Tazium wrote: »
    Paranoia I would think.

But he is seeing things that aren't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I really enjoyed it! I even thought the french professor's storyline was interesting and the actress who plays Whitney really upped her acting game tonight.

I also like the ambiguity at the end - where can this go in Season 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

I also like the ambiguity at the end - where can this go in Season 4?

Off into a field to be put to rest! Awful dreary episode -how come it's set at Xmas yet aired in Jan :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

oneilla wrote: »
    how come it's set at Xmas yet aired in Jan :confused:

Because that's not how tv shows work.

So many things wrong with that episode as a season finale but the time of year it was set is not one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Shelga

Finale was ****e. Could not care less about Juliette, and she gets more than half the screen time, with zero Cole or Alison? :confused:

Think the writers have forgotten what this show is about. I understand keeping it fresh but come on. Also, Noah was a psycho a couple of months ago and now he's totally grand and able to rescue Whitney? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Shelga wrote: »
    Finale was ****e. Could not care less about Juliette, and she gets more than half the screen time, with zero Cole or Alison? :confused:

Think the writers have forgotten what this show is about. I understand keeping it fresh but come on. Also, Noah was a psycho a couple of months ago and now he's totally grand and able to rescue Whitney? :rolleyes:

I was wondering if this was another fantasy of Noah's and start of next season we'll see him shored up in a mental institution...

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I was wondering if this was another fantasy of Noah's and start of next season we'll see him shored up in a mental institution...

It can't have been because we got her perspective of it also

I was talking to herself about this last night and I think I've figured out what's wrong with the show or at least why I've hated it so much since mid season 2
    In season 1 we had the cops asking questions about something we did not find out about until later , so everyone was telling their story to the detective and putting their memory's forward in season 2 it had a trail that we never really got to see and that's where it falls apart because now there is no end point that the characters are at and telling their story to someone so there is no point to the different perspective
    Also there are some bits where the characters remember stuff in completely different ways , I honestly can't remember an example but things that were minor were nice touches like different clothes , who initiated what but this season has seen some things be too different that their story's can't match up
    It should have been put down at the end of season 3 , there is nothing connecting Noah with allison anymore so what's the point ?
    It's like it's 2 separate shows and how many episodes is it since we saw allison or cole ? 4 I think , bit silly to spend so much time away from them
    Anyway that's my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The finale was a mess. It was like as if they originally planned for 12 episodes but had to cut 2 so instead they just time jumped and now Noah is back to normal etc. Doesnt feel warranted.

And then focusing on Juliette. Poor choice.

I think Showtime might be doing a Dexter with it

colmufc wrote: »
    It can't have been because we got her perspective of it also

I'm pretending I didn't see Juliette's perspective as I can't believe they introduced it! And in a season finale no less No interest in her at all

I'm pretending I didn't see Juliette's perspective as I can't believe they introduced it! And in a season finale no less No interest in her at all

They had her perspective in episode 2or 3 I think when she discovered Noah stabbed

colmufc wrote: »
    They had her perspective in episode 2or 3 I think when she discovered Noah stabbed

Must've blanked that one out too! Can't say I've been very engrossed this season, didn't really do it for me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,363 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Can't say I've been very engrossed this season, didn't really do it for me

Come on now. Lots happened.

Alison brought Cole donuts and coffee
    Cole had words with some local Bord Pleanála head
    Joni fell off a pony
    Cake!
    Something about custody
    Oscar became an adult
    Helen stood up to her lunatic parents
    Alison cycled a bit
    Vick's cactus got knocked over
    Noah over-medicated
    His first book was translated into French
    Paris looked grand altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Not a huge fan of this season either. Really enjoyed season 2 esp the finale. Bit of a damp squid ending to season 3. Was Gunter actually terrorising noah in prison or was the whole thing in his head? I'm assuming some of it was true since he had the dodgy shoulder and Helen commented on his bruises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Come on now. Lots happened.

Alison brought Cole donuts and coffee
    Cole had words with some local Bord Pleanála head
    Joni fell off a pony
    Cake!
    Something about custody
    Oscar became an adult
    Helen stood up to her lunatic parents
    Alison cycled a bit
    Vick's cactus got knocked over
    Noah over-medicated
    His first book was translated into French
    Paris looked grand altogether

Don't forget Furball and his oh so arty fanny pics. :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

It was an awful season overall, a shame because I really enjoyed the first two. I'm glad I watched season 3 just because of Furkat though. Can we please get a Furkat spin off???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

So the Paris episode was the last in the season? If it was it was a letdown.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,363 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I too thought it was pretty poor for a finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

And, as in all bad TV shows & movies set in Paris, the Eiffel Tower was visible from the hotel bedroom window. That disappointed me far more than it should have.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

It was very strange the last couple of episodes I thought I had missed out on something because they was no continuation to them, the last one started with Noah and the professor being properly together the last time I saw him pushing her away it's just weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Decent season...garbage finale. Really soured my like for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I was actually wondering if I skipped an episode when I saw Noah was in Paris. Didn't realise it was a season finale either as it was pretty dull. Noah is the only interesting thing about this show and I'm not really sure what the other 3 characters can offer to the show for the next season. I also want to see more of Furkat, he was the best thing about the last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

Advertisement