Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Affair [Showtime]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

So happy this is back. It's just a pumped up soap opera really but I can really lose myself in it. As a straight man, Dominic West makes me weak at the knees, even more so in this series, I'm worried.

Episode one of season 3 was good but episode two is a bit of a let down for me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Noah was being a bit of a dick, even more so than usual especially with Helen, whats the story? Is he back with her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The characters and situations were very cliched but I found it strangely engaging. Can't see it reaching the quality of the previous 2 seasons though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,332 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Not inclined to analyse the show in detail, in general. What does everyone think so far? Seasons 1 and 2 were pretty full on relationship destruction, etc. I hope they don't overuse the time jumping back and forth thing too much. I still feel sympathetic to some of the characters. Presumably Richard Schiff will be back due to Alison's need to find a lawyer.

I think it might lose the run of itself in this season. I am still enjoying it, but it's becoming more and more detached from the original idea. The twist now with Brendan Fraser might be a step too far, and the new French character is clichéd beyond reason. Will see how it pans out but I'm already losing interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭lukin

Are we really supposed to believe that all these women find Noah so irresistible? This student who is young enough to be his daughter wants to ride him in the last ep.FFS like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I've watched the first 3 episodes and I'm enjoying it don't think episode 3 was as good as episodes 1 and 2. I don't like Coles wife either.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

lukin wrote: »
    Are we really supposed to believe that all these women find Noah so irresistible? This student who is young enough to be his daughter wants to ride him in the last ep.FFS like.

Well his daughter is dating a 49 year old, so...

To be honest, if I were that way inclined I'd most likely be into Noah. He's a very attractive and articulate man with a touch of the dangerous asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

lukin wrote: »

Yeah what could a young, impressionable girl possibly see in a good looking, successful writer, minor celebrity, literary and real life authority on "amour fou", who has a bad boy reputation and is in a position of authority over her?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

The thing I love about this show is that I hate all the characters in it..

• Advertisement

Yeah, there's not a single one in it you wouldn't hit a puck in the snot I'd you had the chance.

That's so true! Trying to think of 1 that's not hateable.....nope!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,332 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I'm sure all visiting French professors yap away about love on a park bench, on campus, when their students drop by.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

The thing I love about this show is that I hate all the characters in it..

Even Joni seems like a bit of a cünt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Daroxtar wrote: »

:D:D:D LMAO

By season 10 Alison and Cole will still undertake the occasional ride.

Last episode was pretty weak, not sure where this is going. Seems the series is gonna be a "whodunnit"

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Was that Noah's wayward daughter who ran him off the road?

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

I thought it was at first, then it looked like Brendan fraser in a cap and then it seemed like it was nobody at all and he ran off the road himself.

I thought it was at first, then it looked like Brendan fraser in a cap and then it seemed like it was nobody at all and he ran off the road himself.
    Holy Moley! I never copped that the actor playing the part of the bad prison guard was Brendan Fraser!!! I'm reeling in shock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

Daroxtar wrote: »

Hahahaha this cracked me up

OK so did Noah imagine that the prison guard was in the car behind him?
    As he seemed to bash into the back of him pretty badly but then when it showed the car after the crash, the back seemed untouched?

I think poor old Noah is a bit away with the fairies. Euphoric one minute - the hot tub scene (not that I objected to the sight of Dominic West's ass), despondant the next.... As Joe Duffy would say 'He's not well'.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,442 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just watched episode 3 of season 3.

Don't like how this is going at all. I don't want this to turn into a thriller.
    Also the French character and her relationships with her students is totally ridiculous.

They also portray Noah as having had a cardiac arrest, which is very serious, but he's out within a few days feeling fine.

Aye I've bowed out. I'll forget about season 3. First 2 were really good.

There was something about the ingredients of the first 2. Not as keen this year. I don't mind Noah's PTSD arc, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    Holy Moley! I never copped that the actor playing the part of the bad prison guard was Brendan Fraser!!! I'm reeling in shock!
    Aye, love it when actors go against type. I think he's great as the male Kathy Bates in Misery/prison guard.

I think this season is great so far... if at times veering into self parody with the sex. At the point now where an unrelated man and a woman only have to be in a room alone for sex to be a guarantee.

Has episode 6 been shown in the US?

fin12 wrote: »
    Has episode 6 been shown in the US?

No. Next Monday.

No. Next Monday.

Ok thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

Just watched episode 6. Crikey, that was dark.

Although there was a nice (and unexpected) tender moment. Particular quality in the writing/acting this episode. Although I'm not sure how the French lady contributes to it, but time will tell I'm sure.

Advertisement