Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Affair [Showtime]

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I haven't seen it yet, looking forward to it in a sad way, it was a great series.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Cried like a baby. Loved it.

I will miss this show :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

In the middle of it now.

Helen's mother is a cuntt, Helen's older daughter is a cuntt, Helen is a good person - definitely not deserving of the ridiculous hate.

Oh and Joanie is a cuntt.

Nice ending I thought. Bit of hope after all the bleakness. Tied together well imo.

I'll miss it too DC!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Homelander

I enjoyed that season, but I'm glad the show's ended, it was long overdue. As finales go, this really wasn't bad at all. While the aging effects for Noah were very good, there was something absurdly comical about it too....

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

I enjoyed the last episode but I am so glad its over ! First 2 seasons I loved but after that not so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

The "elderly" Noah speaking to Joanie about Alison. Alison was a horrible, narcissistic individual. A perfect match for the equally narcissistic Noah.

1. She cheated/lied to Cole.
    2. She let Noah raise a child knowing it wasn't his as it was convenient for her to dump child in NYC while she worked in Mantauk.

3. She let Noah take the rap for the death of the junkie brother in law..the hit and run (can't remember loser's name).
    4. She abandoned her baby for 6 months then strolled back in full of entitlement.
    5. Constantly shagged around (that ginger owner of the Lobster roll for one).
    6. Pursued Ben, knowing he was a loose canon

She constantly played the victim and took absolutely no responsibility for her actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

3. She let Noah take the rap for the death of the junkie brother in law..the hit and run (can't remember loser's name)

Ah that don't think was Alison...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Ah that don't think was Alison...

Didn't she push yer man??? Can't think of his name

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Homelander

Yeah it was Helen that hit him but they were all involved and knew the truth behind it. Was it Scott? Not bothered looking it up, could be way off.

Homelander wrote: »
    Yeah it was Helen that hit him but they were all involved and knew the truth behind it. Was it Scott? Not bothered looking it up, could be way off.

Yeah, Scott !! Wasn't arsed looking it up myself :D

Alison was hailed as some sort of saint in the Finale ffs....she was a despicable human being. As is Noah....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Shelga

I liked the finale! Even though the scenes from the 2050s had an absurd air about them, and even though Noah’s speech to Joanie was pretty cheesy.

Maura Tierney and Dominic West just work so well together as actors, I loved her going to the motel and just being like “feck it, this is what I want, I’m not going to win any prizes for doing what is on paper the ‘right’ thing”. His redemption was too fast but their scenes together were great. He did go to prison for her for 3 years, after all!

I’ll miss this show, even though it had almost as many downs as ups, especially in the middle seasons when it didn’t know what it was doing or where it was going. When it was at its best, it mined the drama of human relationships better than any show from the last 5 years I can think of, and season 5 was much better than I thought it was going to be. I didn’t miss Alison and Cole as much as I thought I would.

Now, countdown to The Crown on November 17th!

It is just such a pity Helen went back to him. He will inevitably cheat on her again and I believe he went to prison for Alison not Helen. It would have came out about Alison if he blabbed.

He constantly whined about Helen's parents, yet took every penny they gave him. A despicable man imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Re: what Noah went to prison for - Scotty was blackmailing Alison because he knew Cole not Noah was Joanie's father. And he was going to try to use this to force her to have sex with him. They were at the edge of the wood. I think he followed her there when she was walking home the night of Cole and Luisa's wedding. When he started getting too forceful, she pushed him hard and he ended up on the road. The car coming around the bend at that moment was driven by Helen (Noah her passenger) and that was the end of Scotty. So both women were at fault.
    The "elderly" Noah speaking to Joanie about Alison. Alison was a horrible, narcissistic individual. A perfect match for the equally narcissistic Noah.

1. She cheated/lied to Cole.
    2. She let Noah raise a child knowing it wasn't his as it was convenient for her to dump child in NYC while she worked in Mantauk.

3. She let Noah take the rap for the death of the junkie brother in law..the hit and run (can't remember loser's name).
    4. She abandoned her baby for 6 months then strolled back in full of entitlement.
    5. Constantly shagged around (that ginger owner of the Lobster roll for one).
    6. Pursued Ben, knowing he was a loose canon

She constantly played the victim and took absolutely no responsibility for her actions.
    Aye, much of that really does not make her likeable at all. I don't see an issue with her dating Ben though. Don't know that she shagged around constantly either.

I think the show was saying that the flawed are still capable of love and compassion though. Noah isn't that bad imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

I think the conversation that Helen and Noah had in the canyon was the resolution.
    They admitted their mistakes, why they happened, came to an understanding and they forgave one another.

The last episode was tying up loose ends.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

So, just coming out...the lowdown on why Ruth Wilson left. Sadly not too surprising, what a cluster you know what. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/ruth-wilson-left-affair-hostile-environment-nudity-issues-1263553

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭kerplun k

And this is showrunner's Sarah Treem's reply. https://deadline.com/2019/12/the-affair-sarah-treem-response-ruth-wilson-accusations-1202815490/

She said, she said.

It’s like two versions of the same story. I think we just have to draw our own conclusions from these two points of views.

Advertisement