Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Affair [Showtime]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Nice twist in fairness

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah, that use of
    House in the Rising Sun
    wasn't haunting at al...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I'm up as far as Episode 10 in Season 2 - it was the one where Scotty comes to visit Alison in the city. I won't say any more in case of spoilers!

Is it a double bill again on Wednesday?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Seems to be 11 and 12 for Sky tomorrow, if you search here. http://tv.sky.com/tv-guide#/day/1

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Just a note for those Sky plussing this, on series link; check that ep 12 willbe recorded. I checked last night ep 11 ok but had to add ep 12. Even though I have it on series link ep 12 wasn't being linked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Scott is gorgeous!!!!! Sometimes I dont get how their version of events differ so much even with having a different recall of what each person was wearing.....

Aww will miss the affair, just watched the final episode

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

fin12 wrote: »
    Scott is gorgeous!!!!! Sometimes I dont get how their version of events differ so much even with having a different recall of what each person was wearing.....

I can see what they were wearing (as I'd rarely have a clue what someone wore a day after meeting them) but some of the versions of events is going too far at this stage. The conversation between Alison and Noah being so different and with such different reactions. I suppose they could be going down repressed memory for such a big event.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I can see what they were wearing (as I'd rarely have a clue what someone wore a day after meeting them) but some of the versions of events is going too far at this stage. The conversation between Alison and Noah being so different and with such different reactions. I suppose they could be going down repressed memory for such a big event.

Ya especially when there life changing events as well like if ur told
    your not the father of the child
    surely the recall of that should be quite similar But I do remember in season 1 the use of the person wearing different clothes in each of the persons version was very interesting, it was when alison was waitressing at noahs father in laws house, noahs version the dress was very short and her hair was down wheres in Alisons version her hair was tied up and she was covered up a lot more. The relationship between Alison and noah is very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Unbelievable television. Can't see where they'll get the mandatory hbo 5 seasons out of it. I'm not sure too many people are aware of Thi series but this is going to get big

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Amazing television, as good as The Leftovers - what am I going to do in January without both?! :)

How did Scottie know the truth about Joanie though?

He has a great voice - good actor he is.

Scott is gorgeous!!!!!
    I know. So many good-looking men and women on that show. Helen's new man, the surgeon, is just unreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Azalea wrote: »
    Amazing television, as good as The Leftovers - what am I going to do in January without both?! :)

How did Scottie know the truth about Joanie though?

He has a great voice - good actor he is.

Agreed! Have left Season 2 of the Leftovers for some binge watching over the holidays - hope it's good :D

northgirl wrote: »
    Agreed! Have left Season 2 of the Leftovers for some binge watching over the holidays - hope it's good :D
    You're in for a hell of a treat - I'm jealous! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Azalea wrote: »
    You're in for a hell of a treat - I'm jealous! :D

Yay! Excited!! :pac:

I think Season 1 was better, glad its on for another season......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Dominic West plays the loveable a$$hole in every role very well!

That House of the Rising Sun scene was haunting..some voice in Scotty

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Unbelievable television. Can't see where they'll get the mandatory hbo 5 seasons out of it. I'm not sure too many people are aware of Thi series but this is going to get big

It's Showtime so they'll drag the arse out of it for eight seasons until it's unrecognisable dreck.

I think Season 1 was better, glad its on for another season......
    Up to about halfway through season 2, while I really liked it, I preferred season 1... but then season 2 upped its game in my opinion, and reached an unprecedented level of brilliance! They're very different seasons all right though - nearly unrecognisable as the same show imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭sporina

just finished season 2..

Q - why is Noah willing to go to jail for Alison? Like, Joni is not his child, she slept with Cole and tbh I don't buy that he is in love with her..
    I can see why he would cover for Helen though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭squonk

sporina wrote: »
    just finished season 2..

Q - why is Noah willing to go to jail for Alison? Like, Joni is not his child, she slept with Cole and tbh I don't buy that he is in love with her..
    I can see why he would cover for Helen though..

Agreed. I think this was a fantastic one season event show. I don't think there should have been a second season and I believe there's a third on the way. They're kind of going aroudn in circles I think. I felt he's gradually moving back to Helen and Alison is likely moving back towards Cole. I didn't enjoy Season 2 quite as much at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭sporina

squonk wrote: »
    Agreed. I think this was a fantastic one season event show. I don't think there should have been a second season and I believe there's a third on the way. They're kind of going aroudn in circles I think. I felt he's gradually moving back to Helen and Alison is likely moving back towards Cole. I didn't enjoy Season 2 quite as much at all.

yeah I am really at a loss as to why he would cover for Alison.. and why he was apologizing to her on the dance floor back at the wedding..

I never felt they were in love - just lust - Noah fulfilling his ego and the want for control or what ever and Alison needing an escape..

I just do not buy it..

But I do think that the way series 2 ended in was good - in theory - who would have guess that it was Helen driving..

And also, the use of Noah's and Alison's individual perspective; not sure of the relevance of it - it does not seem to be of great significance.. a time filler me thinks..

Era.. kinda watched it by default... prob won't watch season 3..

Funeral banter 101 and PTSD Noah...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Brendan Fraser is alive!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Was that last scene for real or a hallucination?

When did this start again?

When did this start again?

Sunday night in America

Was that last scene for real or a hallucination?

I hope it's a hallucination. Why not turn around otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

So happy this is back. It's just a pumped up soap opera really but I can really lose myself in it. As a straight man, Dominic West makes me weak at the knees, even more so in this series, I'm worried.

Advertisement