Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Affair [Showtime]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

yeah, when they went to the dinner together he gave her a Pot Lozenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Am I the only one who could do without the split chronology murder mystery element , and would prefer if they just stuck to the Roshamon marriage breakup side of things ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

2.05 - Well, Alison got a lesson in the hired help department and Helen painted quite a picture, huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

2.05 - Well, Alison got a lesson in the hired help department and Helen painted quite a picture, huh?

Will be interesting to see that interaction from Helen's perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I didn't care about Cole's Day at all.

Apart from the nudey lady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Its really hard to tell who's version is the real one. I like Noah's part better, Cole's is good too, Helen's not bad but Alison's bores me to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Hi, just joining this thread, how far of season 2 have people watched, I've watched up as far as the fifth episode.

Really love this show, dont like Noah, think he's a complete Asshole, cant understand how Alison left Cole for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Just watched season two, episode four on Sky Atlantic - brilliant as ever. Simply love this series. Alison went back to Cole after reading through Noah's book and after the couple she worked for fired her - the woman (what a wagon!) obviously thought she was a slapper, and her husband got a boner when Alison confided in him how her affair developed with Noah (that was kinda funny - awky... :pac:). A nice man but was freaked out by his attraction to her.

Sh-tty of Alison to mess Cole around like that. He is an absolutely heartbreaking character - always having to be the strong guy who looks after everyone else and keeps coming back no matter how many knocks people give him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭lukin

I am not a regular viewer of this show by any means but I watched episode 5 last night. Fairly laughable I must say. That guy Cole has more sex in a day than most fellas would have in a lifetime; stops off at the bored housewifes mansion for a quick shag then off to give a lift to a hot young one (who just happens to be house maid to said bored housewife. Oh and his brother is shagging her too). Almost has sex with her but settles for getting her number. Then arrives home to find his ex-wife in his bed (gosh how convenient). Gives her a good rodgering too. And all the time while he is supposed to be working. No wonder he lives in a cabin.
    To say it is far-fetched is a massive understatement. It makes 24 look like Bracken.

lukin wrote: »
    I am not a regular viewer of this show by any means but I watched episode 5 last night. Fairly laughable I must say. That guy Cole has more sex in a day than most fellas would have in a lifetime; stops off at the bored housewifes mansion for a quick shag then off to give a lift to a hot young one (who just happens to be house maid to said bored housewife. Oh and his brother is shagging her too). Almost has sex with her but settles for getting her number. Then arrives home to find his ex-wife in his bed (gosh how convenient). Gives her a good rodgering too. And all the time while he is supposed to be working. No wonder he lives in a cabin.
    To say it is far-fetched is a massive understatement. It makes 24 look like Bracken.

The bored housewife he shagged was a pycho and completely unattractive.

• Advertisement

Heh, fair point - another way of looking at it. :)

Ah, we all go through hot streaks, looked like he hadn’t talked to a woman for ages before that

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Ah, we all go through hot streaks, looked like he hadn’t talked to a woman for ages before that

Christ I never went through a streak like that. If I did I'd have to be tied to a condom-vending machine.

It does have a bit of a "Hey, look everyone, we're showing lots of SEX!!!" thing going on for sure - but the writing and acting is just exceptional in my opinion, and I think it's cleverly constructed. Cole and his brother are extremely handsome men too (most of the cast are gorgeous) and I think it's not too much of a leap to suggest that folks that hot would be getting a lot of action, in a playground for the rich and bohemian.

Azalea wrote: »
    It does have a bit of a "Hey, look everyone, we're showing lots of SEX!!!" thing going on for sure - but the writing and acting is just exceptional in my opinion, and I think it's cleverly constructed. Cole and his brother are extremely handsome men too (most of the cast are gorgeous) and I think it's not too much of a leap to suggest that folks that hot would be getting a lot of action, in a playground for the rich and bohemian.

Yeah but women keep telling us they don't care about looks and it's all about personality. :)

Yeah but women keep telling us they don't care about looks and it's all about personality. :)
    For long-term, but not just for sex - guys think the same re women! :)

Alison is pregnant but who is the father, does she take a paternity test because she just had sex with Cole as well.

Ok wtf, just watched episode 7, scott and Alison are seen on cctv having a fight and he says that's our baby, so is Alison pregnant by Scott????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Might want to consider spoiler tags there. ^^

Wonder if they're overdoing Noah's book thing a tad. My guess is the finale will have some sort of cliffhanger re
    the trial.

fin12 wrote: »
    Ok wtf, just watched episode 7, scott and Alison are seen on cctv having a fight and he says that's our baby, so is Alison pregnant by Scott????
    I’d say the DNA test will come back that it’s Cole’s baby.

If Scotty was saying ‘that’s our baby’ (which I’m not sure I believe), I would think that he meant it as that’s the Lockheart family’s baby.

• Advertisement

I’d say the DNA test will come back that it’s Cole’s baby.

If Scotty was saying ‘that’s our baby’ (which I’m not sure I believe), I would think that he meant it as that’s the Lockheart family’s baby.

oh ya thanks Foxtrol, not sure how far people are in the series so not sure when to use spoilers.

oh ya thanks Foxtrol, not sure how far people are in the series so not sure when to use spoilers.

For me everything that’s aired in the US should be free game without spoiler tags, I think it’s a bit naïve not to expect discussion at a US pace when a show airing weeks behind. I just tend to try to use tags for theories for threads on shows that don’t normally have widespread theory discussions.

I became rather confused about the
    baby thing, Alison and the timelines. Noah and Helen had a baby court side when Martin was doing wrestling in 2.07, but whose baby was that?!

For me everything that’s aired in the US should be free game without spoiler tags, I think it’s a bit naïve not to expect discussion at a US pace when a show airing weeks behind. I just tend to try to use tags for theories for threads on shows that don’t normally have widespread theory discussions.

so have they showed episode 7 on sky? I watch it online.

I became rather confused about the
    baby thing, Alison and the timelines. Noah and Helen had a baby court side when Martin was doing wrestling in 2.07, but whose baby was that?!

If it's last night's episode, it's 2.08
    It’s in the trial timeline and its Noah’s (Scotty/Cole’s) baby with Alison. Noah must have taken it along to watch the match.

It’s why when the baby dropped its soother Helen picked it up to give to the lawyer for DNA testing purposes.
    so have they showed episode 7 on sky? I watch it online.

I'm in the US at the minute so watch it in real time here, so episode 8.

So...2.09, heavy
    meltdown
    episode, is the inference that
    Alison is the only one didn't drown, so to speak?
    Complete, btw, with house soundtrack and
    your daughter
    getting friendly.

Did the writers watch Bloodline and ER over the summer?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Excellent episode. Good decision to scrap the two part POV format this week.

Does anyone else think that Noah is the biggest Asshole ever and just seems to be getting worse and worse in each episode.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Does anyone else think that Noah is the biggest Asshole ever and just seems to be getting worse and worse in each episode.

Well that's obviously the writers' intention but none of the protagonists are coming out of it well. The closer the story sticks to the characters' POV the more their dubious actions are mitigated but the more we see them through the others' eyes the more selfish they become.

Intetestingly, as Helen slips further from the role of saintly mom the more likable she becomes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Really enjoyed it this week, the hurricane served as a great frame bringing the four stories together - some great acting.

Advertisement