Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burrito Place in Town [Poll Updated]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

AsianDub wrote: »
    Anyone tried Mama's Revenge on Nassau Street?

Just came in to bump this thread about that place. I tried it about a month ago and really enjoyed it. Got a super-sized burrito for €8 (the regular was €6 I think) but it was a huge amount of food. Pretty tasty as well. I'd like to try them again but I don't think they open at weekends.

I'm going on a food-replacement diet next week. I may try to squeeze a burrito in beforehand though. Hmmmmm burrito.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

I walk by Mama's Revenge often but have yet to get up the courage (is that the right word?) to try it. I guess I'm afraid I'll be highly disappointed like at Burrito & Blues. Glad you felt it was good taste and value.

Note: they are closed for a short summer break. I think the sign on the front door says they re-open next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

FYI, Pablos have now opened beside the Elephant and Castle in Temple bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

There's a new buritto place opening at the top of Talbot Street (at the spire end). So excited as i work midway between Burittos & Blues in the IFSC and The Epicurean...... At least a middle ground.
    Think its going to be called Saburitto (maybe). Hopefully open for lunch on friday with sexy special offers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Think this thread tipped up Boojum. I'm not usually over tht side of the city but it was worth the trip when myself and missus went a short while. Fantastic. nice friendly staff too

Pablo Picante on baggot street isn't a good enough standard any more IMO

next on the list is Mama's Revenge

• Advertisement

Where's Mama's Revenge? Is that the one on Nassau Street?? Walked by it a while ago but still to sample.
    Haven't been in Boojum in ages, must head down there again....
    So many options and so little time.

Yeah it's the one on Nassau Street.

Thats another 1 to try then. And hopefully have a run down on the other place for the end of the week.
    So excited though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Does anyone else find the name "Mama's Revenge" a bit too close to "Montezuma's Revenge" to be appetizing?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Isnt there also a burritos and orange,somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

PauloConn wrote: »
    There's a new buritto place opening at the top of Talbot Street (at the spire end). So excited as i work midway between Burittos & Blues in the IFSC and The Epicurean...... At least a middle ground.
    Think its going to be called Saburitto (maybe). Hopefully open for lunch on friday with sexy special offers.....

Pretty sure this is the new name that Taco Taco are calling themselves and heard they are opening in Liffey Valley as well...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

theres a new burrito place opening just at the spire,where the james joyce statue is, wonder what its going to be like.

but for now im going to be a sheep and say boojum has to be the one for me,iv tried the one just off wexford street and boojum bet it,but maybe becuase i wasnt in a fully sober state :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

There's a burrito & etc takeaway in Stillorgan now, by the Apache Pizza/Monsoon, it's called Porco Loco (?). Haven't tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Obviously not many have tried Tolteca but it is the best.

I have tried the others several times btw...

Tolteca's alright but they're extortionately priced. Unless there was 2 people going in with a flyer, it wasn't worth it. And at the time, Pablo's was far supperior. Although been a while since i been to either.
    So Taco Taco are franchising out then. Have to say the new place in the Epicurean isn't an nice and they only do burrito's and taco's. Taco Taco had it all and you could get salsa fries too. Damn i miss that place.
    But will still try the new location if only to give them some moral support.....

Tolteca is just round the corner from me so I'd like it to be the best in Dublin. I don't think it is though, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

I went to the new Saburrito on Nth Earl St this evening. I am guessing it is the same outfit that have (or had) a place in the Epicurean food hall.

Nice staff, fresh ingredients.

On the other hand the chorizo was a bland lamb chorizo and the soft drinks were not chilled.

Nevertheless, definitely worth a return visit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

I went to the new Saburrito on Nth Earl St this evening. I am guessing it is the same outfit that have (or had) a place in the Epicurean food hall.

Nice staff, fresh ingredients.

On the other hand the chorizo was a bland lamb chorizo and the soft drinks were not chilled.

Nevertheless, definitely worth a return visit.

how much???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,251 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Tried mamas revenge a while back, not great. It's up the top of Nassau Street, the art gallery end. Staff made a mess of the orders. Some guy left with the wrong thing, we got the wrong thing and it took ages. Can be a mix up anywhere, but I wouldn't go back myself cos the food itself wasn't great.
    But I still think Pablos is the best. I never get anything but the pork one though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

At the new Saburritos, a burrito and can of diet coke cost 7.75, which is about 10% more than their place in the Epicuren food hall.

• Advertisement

At the new Saburritos, a burrito and can of diet coke cost 7.75, which is about 10% more than their place in the Epicuren food hall.

What's the deal in the epicurean? I thought their burrito's started at 6.25 and a quid-1.50 for the drink? It's not a millions miles off.
    I'll have to try it tomorrow now, make sure it's ok. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Cienciano wrote: »
    Staff made a mess of the orders. Some guy left with the wrong thing, we got the wrong thing and it took ages. Can be a mix up anywhere, but I wouldn't go back myself cos the food itself wasn't great.
    But I still think Pablos is the best.

Pablo's is notorious for mixing up orders.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Boojum! It'd just the best. Burritos and orange had a nicer one but they only had those ingredients for like a day

Had Boojum yesterday for first time in ages and it's quality. Staff are super friendly as well and good amount of pork in the buritto too. Was totally happy with the whole experience.

Damn, i love buritto's

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Kevo

Little Ass Burrito Bar and Suburrito (used to the Taco Taco) in the Epicurean food hall are great.

PauloConn wrote: »
    Had Boojum yesterday for first time in ages and it's quality. Staff are super friendly as well and good amount of pork in the buritto too. Was totally happy with the whole experience.

Damn, i love buritto's

I like that they sell decent American beer cheap as well. 3e for a Sam Adams or something like that to wash the food down

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Just back from Paoble Pincanta on Baggot Street - it was good but as good as the one near Stephens Green

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Went to Mama's Revenge for a Chicken Burrito. It wasn't awful by any means but it wasn't overly palatable either. The place is quite small and it was packed at lunch. Downstairs is a relatively spacious seating area.

e7.60 for Burrito and Drink.

Yeah, boojum with the beer as well has it up on a different level. But Pablo's sell beer too, not sure on many of the rest.
    Mama's Revenge not sounding good at the moment. Might have to take it out of the running altogether. Never seen one place get some many mediocre responses.

• Advertisement

I loved Mama's Revenge. It was the biggest burrito I've ever seen in my life and tasted great.

I was very hungry though.

Advertisement