Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burrito Place in Town [Poll Updated]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I want to change my vote to Pablo's, come on, some one let me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i tried the burrito place on st anne street the day it opened (about 3weeks ago)....NEVER AGAIN!! i got an awful dose of the trots for 2 days after.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

burritos and blues! I dont get this feirce loyalty that boojum fans have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

burritos and blues! I dont get this feirce loyalty that boojum fans have

Boojum! I don't get the fierce loyalty that burritos and blues fans have :D

Ive tried b&b a good few times, it was alright nothing special. Nothing can beat boojums guacamole.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Maryc2010

Was just reading this tread, interesting to see the different views, I defo want to try Burritos & Blues.

I picked this up having seen the mail going around work, and was very impressed! The staff had little or no English, but the service was good and more importantly by Burrito was fresh and tasty. Being honest when I saw how cheap they were I was worried, but I was wrong!

http://www.dublincard.ie/offer/?offerid=263&offer=Two+Burrittos+for+%E2%82%AC7+instead+of+%E2%82%AC13.95

Mary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Have eaten in Burritos and Orange,Pablo's,Burritos and Blues and Boojum over the past month or so,and the best burrito for my money,was in Burritos and Blues up on Wexford Street.

I've ranked them in order here:

1.Burritos and Blues-Lovely ingredients and massive burrito.
    2.Pablo's: Very nice burrito but the service was hit and miss.
    3.Boojum: Decent burrito but quite small,lovely salsa though.
    4.Burritos and Orange:Not the best quality ingredients,poor service,cold tortilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Is Burritos and Orange owned and operated by the Chinese Restaurant next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭RonnieL

RonnieL wrote: »
    I know this thread is old but.....

I'm just back from 8 days in the states, and I had 6 burritos. I previously lived in the states for a couple of years, which is when my burrito addiction began. Anyway, since I got back I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms. Just to be clear, the type of burrito I'm talking about is the type you get in Boloco or Chipotle in the states. I tend to get the biggest one they have, with chicken, rice, no beans, lettuce, salsa, and hot sauce (normally extra hot sauce). For me, the steam thing they put the tortilla in first is key.

So, my question is for the people on here who are familiar with the likes of boloco and chipotle, and have also frequented the various burrito places listed here - which Dublin burrito place should I be going to?!

PS: I'm actually from Galway - nowhere here does them "right", but I do get the odd one in La Salsa.

Back from a weekend in Dublin and I have to say I thought the Burritos in Tolteca were class. The place had the feel of a chipotle or boloco, right down to the chicken cooking on the grills in the background. I went for a chicken burrito with white rice, the medium hot salsa, and lettuce. Very tasty indeed - my only slight grumble was that it was a touch too small, but that's probably because I was used to the monster ones I'd get in the states. Now I just wish there was a Tolteca in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Just had a chicken burrito in Burritos and Blues in the IFSC. Not impressed. I only live 2 min away, but it was stone cold by the times I got it home. The hot ingredients (the chicken, the roasted peppers, the rice, the beans) were clearly not hot enough from the get go to cope with the cold ones (jalapeno peppers, cheese, salsa sauce) going into the burrito as well.

The sauce was great (got the #2 one) and it gave the burrito a great spicy kick, but coldness over all was very off putting. It is hard to re heat a burrito in the microwave as the tortilla goes all soggy if you do. Most of it went in the bin. Was reasonably priced. Would have been a good deal at 6 quid if were warmer. Took many a hot burrito home when I lived in the US, so it can be done. It was at 5.45pm, so you'd think they'd have a decent turnover of people coming in to get grub to stop food getting cold. Apparantly not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Just had a chicken burrito in Burritos and Blues in the IFSC. Not impressed. I only live 2 min away, but it was stone cold by the times I got it home. The hot ingredients (the chicken, the roasted peppers, the rice, the beans) were clearly not hot enough from the get go to cope with the cold ones (jalapeno peppers, cheese, salsa sauce) going into the burrito as well.

The sauce was great (got the #2 one) and it gave the burrito a great spicy kick, but coldness over all was very off putting. It is hard to re heat a burrito in the microwave as the tortilla goes all soggy if you do. Most of it went in the bin. Was reasonably priced. Would have been a good deal at 6 quid if were warmer. Took many a hot burrito home when I lived in the US, so it can be done. It was at 5.45pm, so you'd think they'd have a decent turnover of people coming in to get grub to stop food getting cold. Apparantly not.
    You don't need to go to the US for a hot one. I regularly walk 10 minutes back from Pablo Picante and it's still warm. Or pick them up on the way home. That's 20 minutes in a motorcycle pannier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Thanks, will check it out when I am next over in the Baggot St area. I was kinda hoping to find somewhere decent a bit closer to home.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I hadn't tried Taco Taco (the Mexican place in the Epicurean Food Hall) in a couple of years and I got a burrito from there a few days ago. It was utterly vile - avoid at all costs.:eek::(

Once you've tried Boojum the other places seem OKish in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I went to Boojum this week just because of all this Boojum love here, as we were not impressed with them before (OH got some revolting steak once.... put us off big time).
    I got a bean&cheese one and there was so much filler rice in it that the whole thing was basically flavourless. Good guac but it had no chance against the rice.
    No third chance from me...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

mhge wrote: »
    I went to Boojum this week just because of all this Boojum love here, as we were not impressed with them before (OH got some revolting steak once.... put us off big time).
    I got a bean&cheese one and there was so much filler rice in it that the whole thing was basically flavourless. Good guac but it had no chance against the rice.
    No third chance from me...
    You got just bean and cheese and rice and you're complaining? lol

I'll agree that the steak cube thing is pretty poor, but if you're going for one that is just bean and cheese, they'd need to fill it with rice for you to get anything in there.

Well no, because in other places they fill it with beans and cheese and salads first. They just gave me a heap of rice with a smear of the rest, also no salads apart from lettuce. Other places have it down pat - try beans&cheese in B&B or PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I've noticed Irish burrito places in general tend to be very miserly with the beans, it's one of the reasons I haven't found one I really like yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

My favorite is Pablo Picante's Beefy Barbacoa - even if they did give my veggie friend a beef one last time I was in! Pretty bad mistake to make!

Boojum is my second favorite but still have to try more from there.

B&B is rotten, very disappointed with it!

The worst burrito I've ever had without a doubt is in Bruno's in Temple Bar, the take away Burrito Bar, felt sick after it, and only ate half of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Adhamh

Taco Taco loyalist till I die.

Chorizo Burritos there are not to be f*cked with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

faigs wrote: »
    My favorite is Pablo Picante's Beefy Barbacoa - even if they did give my veggie friend a beef one last time I was in! Pretty bad mistake to make!

They did the same thing to me last time I was there :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Tolteca on Baggot Street is a franchise of Chipotle if that helps your decision :) Chicken burrito with chipotle salsa there is one of the tastiest meals ever

Really? Why not just call it Chipotle, 1000s of Irish people have tried Chipotle over in the state.

• Advertisement

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    They did the same thing to me last time I was there :mad:

Me too, I got a takeaway salad and unpacking found chicken where I asked for none...
    Really? Why not just call it Chipotle, 1000s of Irish people have tried Chipotle over in the state.

It's not a franchise of Chipotle, just an unofficial clone. When it was opening, the owners posted how they liked Chipotle and wanted something similar in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Boojum by a mile, everything else tastes like a wrap out of spar.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭urbanachiever1

I want to open a burrito bar of my own. I need to know some secrets of the operation though. Any disgruntled staff out there wanna share some information? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I ate before in Buritto's and Orange which was OK. I've eaten a few from Boojum which were very nice but I had one today from Pablo Picante up on Merrion Street and it was.......... an experience. Both the GF and myself were in the area and tried one each, she had the beef, I had the chicken. I cannot remember the last time I ate something which was well, just so incredible.

The meat was wonderful, the wrap never fell apart, the salsa was heavenly and the cheese fantastic. Everything came together in such a way that it was a food orgasm... almost. When I had finished I felt compelled to tell the folk behind the counter that it was one of the most incredible things I had ever eaten.

It might sound like overkill to you, but it certainly wasn't to me, at the time.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The meat was wonderful, the wrap never fell apart, the salsa was heavenly and the cheese fantastic. Everything came together in such a way that it was a food orgasm... almost.
    Really? I mean I've liked Pablo Picante (Clarendon Market) but I'd put it behind Boojum. I tried the Beef Baroka a couple of times - good and all but far from sensational (IMO). I did find their Super Picante sauce the hottest out of all the burrito places.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

ixoy wrote: »
    Really? I mean I've liked Pablo Picante (Clarendon Market) but I'd put it behind Boojum. I tried the Beef Baroka a couple of times - good and all but far from sensational (IMO). I did find their Super Picante sauce the hottest out of all the burrito places.

Ah taste is a very individual thing I guess but honestly I really enjoyed it- it was just superb. The missus who doesn't get too excited about food also enjoyed hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

Pablo Picantes on Baggot st is a country mile ahead of the rest in my opinion. For some reason the clarendon St one always leaves me feeling underwhelmed :confused:

B&B I find boring, Burritos & Orange is probably the worst, Boojum, I have only tried once and thought it was good, but not a patch on Pablos.

Top Tip: I get the Beefy Barbacoa but ask for a "Cremosa" sauce when you collect, it comes in a little tub - to die for! Also, when carrying it back to the office/home, lay it flat so all the sauce doesn't run to the bottom. Treat it like you should a footlong subway and cradle it like a baby! (Ok, now I'm going a bit far!)

Seriously though, everyone in our office has an unhealthy obsession with the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Seriously don't think anything comes even close to Toltecca for me. It's the first place in Ireland where I thought 'they totally got that right'.

Went to the new Burritos and Blues off Grafton Street a few months back and it was a major, major let down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I ate before in Buritto's and Orange which was OK. I've eaten a few from Boojum which were very nice but I had one today from Pablo Picante up on Merrion Street and it was.......... an experience. Both the GF and myself were in the area and tried one each, she had the beef, I had the chicken. I cannot remember the last time I ate something which was well, just so incredible.

The meat was wonderful, the wrap never fell apart, the salsa was heavenly and the cheese fantastic. Everything came together in such a way that it was a food orgasm... almost. When I had finished I felt compelled to tell the folk behind the counter that it was one of the most incredible things I had ever eaten.

It might sound like overkill to you, but it certainly wasn't to me, at the time.

I've tried them all and the pork one (think it's first on the menu) is even nicer. Some people are put off by the idea of pork, but try it next time and thank me later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

I still think the Chorizo burrito at the mexican stall in the Epicurean Food hall (Abbey St) is the best in town.

Another place I liked was a few doors down from Tesco in Rathmines. Apparently they have now re-located, but I do not know where. Does anyone know about this?

Advertisement