Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burrito Place in Town [Poll Updated]

Options
  • 04-11-2011 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Where is the best burrito place in Dublin? So many of these places opening up now. For me its either Tolteca or Pablo Picante. Burritos and Blues is just muck. So is Little Ass in Rathmines

Best Burrito Bar in Dublin? 547 votes

Boojum
    0% 2 votes
    Burritos & Blues
    42% 231 votes
    Tolteca
    10% 56 votes
    Pablo Picantes
    10% 56 votes
    Little Ass Burrito Bar
    18% 99 votes
    Taco Taco
    5% 30 votes
    Saburritos
    0% 5 votes
    Azteca
    3% 17 votes
    Mama's Revenge
    1% 9 votes
    Tuzo
    3% 21 votes
    El Gringo
    2% 11 votes
    The Hungry Mexican
    0% 5 votes
    K Chido Mexico
    0% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Boojum is nice, their salsa verde is the business. Also like lil ass burrito bar in rathmines. Burritos & blues do amazing nachos.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Boojum is very good, used to work near it when it first open, and they did dead cheap beer for a while too (€2.50 for a Deperado or Sol). But Pablo's ftw, can't get enough of that and well priced. Tolteca is a rip off if in on your own, the 2 for 1 vouchers brought it back in line with normal places.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I got a burrito before - it was down from the Jervais centre and it was amazing -

Also the one in the food court on Abby street is nice.

There was another burrito place under a mcdonalds across from the hotel MGM Mirage in Las Vagas which was pretty amazing -

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

The place on the corner of Wexford Street opposite the Karma Stone pub.I've never been sober enough to notice it's name.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Been to Tolteca twice. Got a pork burito which was ultra bland and a chicken fajita which was great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

Boojum was good until they stop serving that mexican table hot sauce and served their own brand.

Muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Pablo Picantes

Taco Taco in the epicurean

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Little ass burrito is aptly named! Rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Boojum by a clear margin.

Edit: Edit your poll to include it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Boojum, last 2 times I've been in Pablo Picante I haven't been that impressed (their carnitas were a bit bland, I make better!). Love Boojums hot salsa. They could do with getting cheese that tastes like cheese and not grated nothing though

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dangerousdavem

I realised I left out boojum but you cant edit a poll I dont think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I realised I left out boojum but you cant edit a poll I dont think!

Boojum added to poll :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Boojum everytime!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dangerousdavem

Thanking you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Boojum and Taco Taco for me so far. Haven't tried Pablo's yet. Burritos & Orange is a nay.

No one thinks the new Boojum sauce is utter sh1t?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

blow your head off sauce in Buritos and Blues

nyom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Where is this Tolteca??

Azteca is my favourite burrito place for sure... Did the first of the three classes there too, loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I've yet to find a consistently good burrito place in Dublin. Every one that I've been to more than once (which is most of them) is good one day, not so good the next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I've tried them all and Boojum is the best, hands down.

I fail to see how hot sauce comes into play here? This isn't a "who has the best hot sauce" poll!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

taco taco in the epicurean for me, always reliable

I've tried them all and Boojum is the best, hands down.

I fail to see how hot sauce comes into play here? This isn't a "who has the best hot sauce" poll!

That doesn't make sense. If you like hot Burritos (which you clearly don't), then the hot sauce is a crucial element. Their old hot sauce was great, now it is p1ss. So since this is a 'best burrito place' poll, and since hot sauce is such a crucial element for those who like real (hot) Burritos, then a part of that poll asks 'is the hot sauce nice?'. And no, it isn't.

In fact, their food has gone downhill also. The standard of their burrito is not what it was when it first opened. Hence, I just don't go there anymore.

But don't let me stop you from trying to dictate what we may discuss on this thread.

That doesn't make sense. If you like hot Burritos (which you clearly don't), then the hot sauce is a crucial element. Their old hot sauce was great, now it is p1ss. So since this is a 'best burrito place' poll, and since hot sauce is such a crucial element for those who like real (hot) Burritos, then a part of that poll asks 'is the hot sauce nice?'. And no, it isn't.
    They have like 5 different types of hot sauce on each table. IMO hot sauce is a condiment, not a part of the actual food.

It's like saying you prefer Burger King because they have redder ketchup!? :P

In fact, their food has gone downhill also. The standard of their burrito is not what it was when it first opened. Hence, I just don't go there anymore.
    That's fair enough. I'd disagree with that, but it's obviously subjective.
    But don't let me stop you from trying to dictate what we may discuss on this thread.
    Thanks, I won't! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Where is the best burrito place in Dublin? So many of these places opening up now. For me its either Tolteca or Pablo Picante. Burritos and Blues is just muck. So is Little Ass in Rathmines

I've only been to the campden st one but I don't think burritos and blues can possibly be described as muck, you either had one, very isolated bad experience or you have some sort of agenda against it. From my experience they have the freshest ingredients out of all the other places mentioned, you can actually see them gutting the avocados behind the counter to make up the guacamole and the meat is always top notch. Along with Boojums its is far superior to the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,036 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Pablo Baggot St > Boojum > Pablo Clarendon Market.

Taco Taco does shíte burritos. Never had the rest.

They have like 5 different types of hot sauce on each table. IMO hot sauce is a condiment, not a part of the actual food.

It's like saying you prefer Burger King because they have redder ketchup!

No, it isn't. Possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read on boards, and I frequent the politics forum, so that says a lot.

No, it isn't. Possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read on boards, and I frequent the politics forum, so that says a lot.
    Dumber things have been posted. :D

Sensitive little one aren't we?

BTW: Condiment.

Dumber things have been posted. :D

Sensitive little one aren't we?

BTW: Condiment.

I'm not the one confusing taste with colour.

LOL

• Advertisement

I'm not the one confusing taste with colour.

LOL
    lol you can't taste the red?

hug?

I'm still saying that you shouldn't bring the condiments into play as a major factor!

Advertisement