Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burrito Place in Town [Poll Updated]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

diegowhite wrote: »
    In Boojum last night, very disappointing, got the steak buritto but the meat was not quality and very tough

We had the same experience during our last (as in the last) visit to Boojum - awful, gristly steak. My OH can eat pretty much anything and he was starving but he just gave up. On reflection we should have complained but it was very crowded and actually it was so bad that we just wanted to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Absolutely love B&B (Silver bullet with half the rice, number 3 salsa, sour cream, cheese, peppers, jalepenos), been there too many times as I work just around the corner, but I've never been to Boojum or Pablo's so will deinitely be checking them out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MrChavcore

burritos and blues any day of the week! i absolutely love burrito's and have made sure i've tried everything dublin has to offer but you just can't beat the carnitas in buritto and blues! its delicious! i've been to little ass a couple of times now and im always dissapointed. seems they throw more rice in their burritos than anything else and the rice is always wet and salty tasting. i used to go to taco taco as i worked with a mexican guy and his cousin used to be one of the chefs there.. they're decent but nothing to write home about. boojum is great and runs B&B close but i think, based on my own preference of course, that B&B take the award for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Boojum tonight again and as always, didn't disappoint.

Chicken, peppers, sweet corn, jalapeños, cheese, sour cream and the hottest salsa. Boom!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

mhge wrote: »
    We had the same experience during our last (as in the last) visit to Boojum - awful, gristly steak. My OH can eat pretty much anything and he was starving but he just gave up. On reflection we should have complained but it was very crowded and actually it was so bad that we just wanted to leave.
    I've actually never had the steak there before (I've had the chicken, shredded beef and shredded pork which are all nice) but in all honesty, I think if the steak is consistently bad then people should complain.

Boojum seems to take their quality pretty seriously and if they don't know that people aren't enjoying the steak they can't know to change it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

drquirky wrote: »
    You do know that Burritos are a Californian invention right? The style that we see popping up all over Dublin originated in the Mission district in San Francisco

"Burritos", per se, are not a Californian invention, although you're right that the traditional Mexican burrito is different to the type we're discussing here. Anyway, the Mission is full of Mexicans!

Edit: Or it used to be, before all the hipsters moved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

was in burritos n blues today, lovely stuff ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I went down to Boojum to see what all fuss was about and tried their carnitas burrito with salsa verde.
    Not a patch on Pablo Picante imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭StanMcConnell

Can we add Taco Taco to the poll?

Never had a bad burrito there and there have been many.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭RonnieL

I know this thread is old but.....

I'm just back from 8 days in the states, and I had 6 burritos. I previously lived in the states for a couple of years, which is when my burrito addiction began. Anyway, since I got back I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms. Just to be clear, the type of burrito I'm talking about is the type you get in Boloco or Chipotle in the states. I tend to get the biggest one they have, with chicken, rice, no beans, lettuce, salsa, and hot sauce (normally extra hot sauce). For me, the steam thing they put the tortilla in first is key.

So, my question is for the people on here who are familiar with the likes of boloco and chipotle, and have also frequented the various burrito places listed here - which Dublin burrito place should I be going to?!

PS: I'm actually from Galway - nowhere here does them "right", but I do get the odd one in La Salsa.

• Advertisement

Boojum and Pablo Picante do them well. Burritos and Blues do not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

I love Boojum but only ever have the chicken there. The steak is tough and the pork is a tad odd tasting for my palate. I always feel sorry for that other burrito place beside the Chinese at the turn off to Henry Street – its always empty. Im not surprised though given the interest of the staff and the quality of the ingredients used. While BJ is a bit achingly hip for my liking, its miles nearer my comfort zone than a ramshackle chance your arm saloon.

I have never been to Pablos. Given that Im a chicken & pinto kinda gal, what would you recommend I try in Pablos?

Oh - and I tried B & Blues. Awful. Didnt like at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

Little Ass Burritos almost put me off Burritos for life, vomit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

New Burritos and Blues is deadly, pretty small though.

I love Boojum but only ever have the chicken there. The steak is tough and the pork is a tad odd tasting for my palate. I always feel sorry for that other burrito place beside the Chinese at the turn off to Henry Street – its always empty. Im not surprised though given the interest of the staff and the quality of the ingredients used. While BJ is a bit achingly hip for my liking, its miles nearer my comfort zone than a ramshackle chance your arm saloon.

I have never been to Pablos. Given that Im a chicken & pinto kinda gal, what would you recommend I try in Pablos?

Oh - and I tried B & Blues. Awful. Didnt like at all.
    Try the shredded beef. The pork is really good usually, but I have had it where there is too much aniseed flavour or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 petitmember

Burritos and Blues is a ****ing joke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Ok then I'm gonna take the plunge never had a proper one where should I go and what one should I try.
    Many thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Burritos and Blues is a ****ing joke

quality post, maybe some reasoning would be useful for people

quality post, maybe some reasoning would be useful for people
    I actually agree. Not very fresh, small, expensive and just not that nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

I actually agree. Not very fresh, small, expensive and just not that nice.

if your going to say something is good or bad then the very least you do is explain why, which you did but previous poster didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

RonnieL wrote: »

So, my question is for the people on here who are familiar with the likes of boloco and chipotle, and have also frequented the various burrito places listed here - which Dublin burrito place should I be going to?!

Tolteca on Baggot Street is a franchise of Chipotle if that helps your decision :) Chicken burrito with chipotle salsa there is one of the tastiest meals ever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

B&B do a mean yummy chicken quesadilla. I can't wait to try their new hot sauce. Is their new branch in South Anne St open yet?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Is their new branch in South Anne St open yet?.
    Yeah the boyfriend went there for lunch today. He was confused by the staff not understanding his order til he realized they pronounce things weirdly - torTILLA and quesaDILLA. No silent l. Thought it was alright but no Boojum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

• Registered Users Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Yeah the boyfriend went there for lunch today. He was confused by the staff not understanding his order til he realized they pronounce things weirdly - torTILLA and quesaDILLA. No silent l. Thought it was alright but no Boojum.
    Nice I am always in the 1 in the IFSC as it's near my college NCI and I had a nice beer in their Wexford St branch with my Quesedilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

I'm starving after reading this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Thanks I hope I can return the favour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

So have people who've been to both Pablo Piccante in Clarendon market and Boojum voted in this?

Becasue I love Pablo, go there the whole time and love Cali Carnita and Beefy with Cremosa. I've been to Boojum once and thought it was OK but no way as good as Pablo. Maybe I just got it on a bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

RonnieL wrote: »
    I'm just back from 8 days in the states, and I had 6 burritos. I previously lived in the states for a couple of years, which is when my burrito addiction began. Anyway, since I got back I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms. Just to be clear, the type of burrito I'm talking about is the type you get in Boloco or Chipotle in the states. I tend to get the biggest one they have, with chicken, rice, no beans, lettuce, salsa, and hot sauce (normally extra hot sauce). For me, the steam thing they put the tortilla in first is key.

I lived in California for seven years and I have yet to find a burrito place in Dublin that I'm happy with. I've had decent ones at all of them and not-very-good ones at all of them, but none are consistently good and even when they are good, they're not good enough. (I'm sure the native Irish have similar experiences with the Guinness abroad!)

Also the ways people pronounce "jalapeño" here do my head in :D

• Advertisement

So have people who've been to both Pablo Piccante in Clarendon market and Boojum voted in this?

Becasue I love Pablo, go there the whole time and love Cali Carnita and Beefy with Cremosa. I've been to Boojum once and thought it was OK but no way as good as Pablo. Maybe I just got it on a bad day.
    I feel the exact same way; but the opposite. :D

Advertisement