Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burrito Place in Town [Poll Updated]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I love boojum! Little Ass is great though, my second favourite. Boojum are looking for a premises for a second dublin store at the moment, apparently around Harcourt street area

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Could be competition for Zaytoon!

Brian wrote: »
    Could be competition for Zaytoon!

No harm, its gone to muck lately. Mezza on Parliament Street is a lot better, and sounder staff

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Still longing for the day somebody starts doing southern Californian style burritos. Don't get me wrong, I love Mission burritos but I do get a bit bored of them and I just can't get excited about all these new places opening when they're effectively just glorified sandwich shops or Chipotle clones.

I want:

A California burrito
    A shrimp burrito
    Fish tacos
    A breakfast burrito
    A chorizo and egg burrito

Someone better start catering to my wants before I'm forced to open up my own burrito place and put them all out of business!

Did I mention I want a California burrito? GIVE ME MY FRACKING CALIFORNIA BURRITO!

• Advertisement

Oh, and for what it's worth:

1. Pablos - they routinely get orders wrong (in both shops) but still taste the best. I love their guac and sauces.
    2. Tolteca - always messy, expensive, but they're tasty, huge and I feel they're the best option if you want to get something vaguely healthy.
    3. Mama's Revenge - they do chorizo, which gets them points from me, and their staff are lovely. On the downside, the first time I went there the burrito was STONE cold. Better since though.
    4. B&B - solid enough. I go to the IFSC one once or twice a week for lunch, not amazing, but generally tasty enough. They are the most sandwich shop-like of all of them though, and depending on what you get the burritos are often lukewarm (or worse). Cold lettuce has no place being in a burrito shop in my book.
    5. Little Ass - in fairness I've only been there once and I was a little tipsy, but the thing didn't taste of anything. Will give it another try sometime though.
    6. Burritos & Orange - sloppy and a little bit odd, frankly.

Haven't been to Saburritos or Boojum (too far away). I walked into Tuzo (if that's what it's called, the place on Dawson St) and was instantly bored by the same-old (appears to be another Chipotle, which Tolteca has already done) so I left.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Got to Boojum recently. Tried their hot salsa and asked for extra jalapenos but it didn't really match up to the hottest of Burritos and Blues or the Super Picante of Pablos.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Slydice wrote: »
    Got to Boojum recently. Tried their hot salsa and asked for extra jalapenos but it didn't really match up to the hottest of Burritos and Blues or the Super Picante of Pablos.

Dont they have a special hotsauce behind the counter for people like you? :p

Yes, and its bloody hot

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I tried Sabburito, wouldn't rate it tbh.

Pepe, Boojum do a chorizo filling, but I found it very salty. I was parched the rest of the day in work! Wouldn't bother again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Tolteca by a mile. Chicken fajita burrito with chipotle sauce. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

MarkMc wrote: »
    Yes, and its bloody hot

Wasn't on any signs. What was I supposed to ask for? I asked for the hottest stuff they had up on their menu board behind the counter. Even went for the chilly beef filling.

They dont always have it, but ask for hot sauce, you put it on yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

Cafe Azteca for me

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

MarkMc wrote: »
    Yes, and its bloody hot
    Slydice wrote: »
    Wasn't on any signs. What was I supposed to ask for? I asked for the hottest stuff they had up on their menu board behind the counter. Even went for the chilly beef filling.

It's not advertised on any menus but it's definitely there. Just look for the sauce bottle that has insides glowing fluorescent orange. It's the hottest thing I've ever tasted. It's made fresh when they can get fresh ghost chillis in.. it's sososososososo hot..

If you can't see it just ask one of the servers for their homemade ghost chilli sauce and they'll be happy to oblige although you may regret it after :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

sarkozy wrote: »
    Chicken fajita burrito

Oh no, no, no... :mad:
    :)

When I first went to Boojum I ordered hottest sauce and jalapenos. The next girl in the conveyor line asked did I want to try their "special extra hot saucy". Was in an orange bottle.

Can confirm its by far the hottest thing I've had in Ireland (and damn,. damn tasty too)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I think I mentioned it a couple of months ago but that hot sauce made a female friend of mine actually cry. And she can handle her hot food. I'd never seen an item of food reduce someone to tears before.

I thought she was milking it a tad so had a small piece of the burrito myself and couldn't taste anything else for another an hour afterwards. Not sure how she managed to eat most of it.

I want:

A California burrito
    A shrimp burrito
    Fish tacos
    A breakfast burrito
    A chorizo and egg burrito

Someone better start catering to my wants before I'm forced to open up my own burrito place and put them all out of business!

Definitely second the breakfast burrito. I've tried making one myself but it's not the same. I'm going to Las Vegas in a couple of months and will make sure I get a breakfast burrito somewhere whilst I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Dodge wrote: »
    Oh no, no, no... :mad:
    :)

When I first went to Boojum I ordered hottest sauce and jalapenos. The next girl in the conveyor line asked did I want to try their "special extra hot saucy". Was in an orange bottle.

Can confirm its by far the hottest thing I've had in Ireland (and damn,. damn tasty too)
    Beefy78 wrote: »
    I think I mentioned it a couple of months ago but that hot sauce made a female friend of mine actually cry. And she can handle her hot food. I'd never seen an item of food reduce someone to tears before.

I thought she was milking it a tad so had a small piece of the burrito myself and couldn't taste anything else for another an hour afterwards. Not sure how she managed to eat most of it.

I have been there once or twice and never had or found anything like that..... Was it one the bottles on the tables or behind the counter ??

Have to try it so wasnt mad about there burritos but i pride myself on trying and finishing the hottest **** i can find :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Definitely second the breakfast burrito. I've tried making one myself but it's not the same. I'm going to Las Vegas in a couple of months and will make sure I get a breakfast burrito somewhere whilst I'm there.

My wife said the breakfast burrito she had in a place in the Planet Hollywood Hotel mall was the best breakfast she's ever had. Can't think of the name of it but there's loads of options anyway

• Advertisement

I have been there once or twice and never had or found anything like that..... Was it one the bottles on the tables or behind the counter ??

Have to try it so wasnt mad about there burritos but i pride myself on trying and finishing the hottest **** i can find :pac:

It was behind the counter. My friend is American and loud and so despite the place being rammed the guy behind the counter was able to hear her talk about how she wanted the burrito to be very hot whilst we were waiting in line to be served and so he offered it to her when she ordered.

I'm sure if you ask for it when you order they'll know what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

It was behind the counter. My friend is American and loud and so despite the place being rammed the guy behind the counter was able to hear her talk about how she wanted the burrito to be very hot whilst we were waiting in line to be served and so he offered it to her when she ordered.

I'm sure if you ask for it when you order they'll know what you're talking about.

Nice1 ill keep that in mind next time im around that area :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

FYI to those in need of a breakfast burrito KC Peaches does them every morning...pretty decent

Interesting, may head down there at the weekend. Little bit of a walk but we'll see if its worth it. Cheers for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Could anyone tell me can you sit down in Boojum and if so is it jammed at lunch time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Could anyone tell me can you sit down in Boojum and if so is it jammed at lunch time?

Yeah, about 25 spaces. Quick turnaround so you should get a space.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Had a burrito from Mama's Revenge on Thomas St today. Everything on it for €6 student special. Savage. Probably the best I've had in Dublin. Flavourwise better than Boojum, but I've never had jalopenos and guacamole there before. Will be returning there over Boojum for sure.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I'm a fan of Boojum and a pretty regular customer but the Burrito I had there yesterday - even by their good standards - was really out of this world - just perfect!:)

I also hear Boojum have plans to open another place in the South city centre area - roll on!!:cool::D

The staff also flatter me by asking if I have a student card - bless!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 809 ✭✭✭frankosw

Tuzo in Dawson st...

They do amazing chicken,beef or chicken Burrito with about a half pound of meat for a fiver.

They also have a lunchtime special where you get the same burrito with a drink for 5 euro...quiet simply the best i've ever had and hot as hell too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Tolteca Suffolk Street is having its "official opening" on 7th March. FREE burritos! (They just ask for donations for Temple Street :))

Advertisement