Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burrito Place in Town [Poll Updated]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

adrian522 wrote: »
    Youre not going to get much of anything in dublin for $5 unfortunately.

Also this place seems to do them...

http://www.tacotacodublin.com/dinner-menu/

I know that regarding price but the main places, pablo and boojum should be doing them imo.

Same thing with sushi over here, it's all rubblish and overpriced.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

That would give me too much decisions to make in a burrito place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

RasTa wrote: »
    Where else do them?

In pubs in Dublin: P.Mac's and Camden exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Burritos and Blues used to do them as a special, maybe it was only one day a week or something.

Taco Taco, 777, Fumbally to name but a few.

Burritos and Blues used to do them as a special, maybe it was only one day a week or something.

Taco Taco, 777, Fumbally to name but a few.

Only Taco Taco does them out of what you mentioned. I will check them out in Camden Street Exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Cienciano wrote: »
    No, it has warm stuff in it. It looks like a normal burrito, but has scrambled eggs with chorizo in it, beans and other stuff, possibly salsa. The idea of a breakfast burrito wasn't great to me, but I was really impressed with it
    Passenger was talking about nachos

Sure was. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Only Taco Taco does them out of what you mentioned. I will check them out in Camden Street Exchange.

The other two must have taken them off the menu then, or else they only have them as specials, not on the main menu.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Beans in a breakfast burrito? ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭browne_rob5

I've been there twice. It's okay but nothing compared to Boojum. More akin to B&B. They're quite stingy with the meat and other fillings, but it's tasty enough. Free jalepenos is good.

I work across the road so been there a few times. They use fairly small scoops for the rice and meat so less of these that in a boojum burrito. As mentioned they have free jalapeños and you can get all 4 different types of salsa and lettuce so its healthier than your standard burrito.

Staff have improved at putting them together since they opened. Def worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Passenger wrote: »
    What are they like? Do they use real cheese and melt it over it? In Burritos & Blues they're cold and they just pour some warm runny cheese-like goo over them. :eek:
    Passenger was talking about nachos
    Passenger wrote: »
    Sure was. :pac:
    Oh shít, sorry! Makes more sense, I thought a breakfast burrito was a normal one with cheese melted on it!

I've gotten them a few times, sometimes to take away. A few ways to get them. You can get melted cheese, or grated cheese on them. You can get a meat topping on them if you like. Then the standard sour cream, jalapenos, salsa. Guacamole is extra, think they'll throw any other topping on for free.

They also give you shredded lettuce on them. I refuse it after the first time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Tap House as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

I see against the grain are the first in Dublin to do fish tacos and they are a feckin pub. Anybody tried?

There's a place that does fish tacos RIGHT BESIDE IT.

WarZ wrote: »
    There's a place that does fish tacos RIGHT BESIDE IT.

The tapas place? I've being there and they don't. Although I wasn't looking too hard since I was in a tapas restaurant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Tacotaco and xico both do fish tacos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

how are xicos? love a good fish taco.

Just after havin K-chidos breakfast burrito with chorizo it was damn tasty. I'd def have it again.

Can see myself workin through their menu.

Just after havin K-chidos breakfast burrito with chorizo it was damn tasty. I'd def have it again.

They're nice! All the food is nice, though depending on your opinion of the nightclub get in there early, as the seating / food area rapidly becomes a dancefloor as the night goes on.

They're nice! All the food is nice, though depending on your opinion of the nightclub get in there early, as the seating / food area rapidly becomes a dancefloor as the night goes on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Had one in Pablo Picante on Monday, delicious, but again the exact same as all the others pretty much! They do have a really hot salsa though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭pojfexcsc

Mission burrito beside the ha'penny bridge is much nicer than boojum for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I'm currently eating a burrito in a new place that's appeared near DIT on North King St called El Patron. Very nice so far

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

elekid wrote: »
    I'm currently eating a burrito in a new place that's appeared near DIT on North King St called El Patron. Very nice so far

I walked by there the other day and the smell was horrible. Like a mixture of sewage and oil. Put me right off going in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

There was no smell when I was there, weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I walked by there the other day and the smell was horrible. Like a mixture of sewage and oil. Put me right off going in.

That would be from the lane beside it. Horse crap.

Edit : had a very nice burrito out of there when it first opened. Huge and very tasty. I wouldn't be a burrito expert but really enjoyed that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

So over burritos!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭trellheim

Last night of the Hungry Mexican tonight, its a massive pity , the new place he had planned fell through so it has to close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

trellheim wrote: »
    Last night of the Hungry Mexican tonight, its a massive pity , the new place he had planned fell through so it has to close.

Is it any good? Owner says on facebook comments he has a new location and will update later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭trellheim

Hungry's the best sit down mex in dublin , end of an era ! He didnt have anywhere new as of Saturday ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

So over burritos!

You've come to the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

trellheim wrote: »

Ah no, that place was great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'm in el patron as type, went for my usual choice of a chicken burrito with extra meat. I don't think I'll be able to finish it it's that packed. And it's delicious as well.

Advertisement