Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burrito Place in Town [Poll Updated]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Fair enough, I actually agree tolteca is a bit bland, but what exactly were you expecting the server to do?

Ensure the ingredients were drained before being ladled on and then evenly distributed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I had the Burrito bowl in PP on Baggot st today is the meat supposed to be cold in it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

does anybody know where i could get in contact with burritos and blues ?? I know the owner was on here and was pretty nice, I have ideas with my company that i would like to involve them with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

They're on the book face?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

For any southside Boojum fans, a new one is soon to open on Kevin Street just down from the junction with Wexford Street. Looks fairly finished on the outside, not sure about inside as the shutters are always down by the time I pass by :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I noticed that yesterday. Not the best location imo, as it's a little too far down Kevin St for passing trade. However I bet their rent is much lower than Burritos and Blues on the corner, so as long as they get the students in, they should do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Aard wrote: »
    I noticed that yesterday. Not the best location imo, as it's a little too far down Kevin St for passing trade. However I bet their rent is much lower than Burritos and Blues on the corner, so as long as they get the students in, they should do well.

Burritos and Blues will certainly see a hit due to direct competition around the corner.

Hoping his Boojum is as good as the northside one is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

It defo looks much bigger than the northside one which is a problem withnot much room to sit down. Inside looks like its nearly all kited out but it was hard to judge from outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

So the new boojum has been open a few days ago. I went yesterday and it was a great experience. The ingredients seemed even better. The place is pretty big and the layout really good. One weird bad thing is that someone messed up the wooden floor big time and there huge bumps on it. Like the placef too many pieces of wood for the amount of space. I have no idea how that could even happen. Even saw a staff memeber trip over it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Went to Boojum again the other day and it was crazy messy again. As soon as I tore off the top of the tin foil a mixture of pico/sour cream ran down over my fingers and onto the table. The burrito then began to sag over my fingers (with tin foil still on, although the tin foil didn't even fully wrap around the burrito!). Very tasty but a bit impractical to eat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Strange I've had like 50 there and never had it messy, but i've switched to burrito bowls anyway, the way forward!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Burrito bowls are way more consistent in quality than the wraps. Also the ingredients tend to be more evenly divided. Must try the new boojum.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

There's a new "mexican pantry" place opening on South Richmond Street in Portobello. Only saw the small sign, slightly excited especially with new Boojum down the road too....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

There's a sign over the building next door to Tesco Camden Street saying that it is reserved for a Tolteca.

Saw that last week but didn't look like work had started yet.

Wait, isn't that Camden Rostisserie, the chicken plane next door to that Tesco's? Or has that closed down....
    Wouldn't be too pushed about Tolteca though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Aard wrote: »
    Burrito bowls are way more consistent in quality than the wraps. Also the ingredients tend to be more evenly divided. Must try the new boojum.

Yeah this is why I get them, and you can mix them up to your desire, much tastier.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 cathyledger

Mama's revenge does it for me everytime.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

PauloConn wrote: »
    Wait, isn't that Camden Rostisserie, the chicken plane next door to that Tesco's? Or has that closed down....
    Wouldn't be too pushed about Tolteca though

I could be wrong but I think there is a small place in between the two that used to be Rhubarb Cafe or something like that. Painted a mint green with a Coca Cola ad on the shutters, it's been closed for quite a while now. I assumed it was there but the person who posted about it can hopefully confirm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

miamee wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I think there is a small place in between the two that used to be Rhubarb Cafe or something like that. Painted a mint green with a Coca Cola ad on the shutters, it's been closed for quite a while now. I assumed it was there but the person who posted about it can hopefully confirm :)
    Nah, it's not a coca cola ad, think it's a piece of masers work. Reads "Everything is better with..." and the cola bottle has "cop-on" instead of coca cola :p:pac:

Anyway, yeh, old cafe closed since boom times. Very small from what I can remember of the premises.

Oh yeah, forgot about that place alright. Good buritto sized location too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

While I actually prefer the full Menu and atmosphere in Blues and Burritos , (the Quesada and the Salsa fries are all kinds of awesome) I think Pablos does the best Pork Burrito out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Anyone tried the place next to the Four Courts yet?

Yes and its amazing..... you get to sit on painted pallets

Food good too

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    Anyone tried the place next to the Four Courts yet?

do you know the name of this place?

K Chido i think

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Strange I've had like 50 there and never had it messy, but i've switched to burrito bowls anyway, the way forward!
    heh, I've been there twice and both times it was a big hot mess!

Tasty though, will try a bowl before too long. Tolteca is too far away from my new digs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I have only tried Boojum, Pablos and a burrito Bowl in Tolteca on Suffolk St. so far. Boojum is still my favourite and Tolteca was very bland indeed as others have mentioned. Still very eager to give Burritos & Blues a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I went back and forth between Mama's Revenge and Boojum's for some time but I'm firmly with Mama's Revenge. Their Jumbo Burrito is the ultimate burrito experience in Dublin, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I went back and forth between Mama's Revenge and Boojum's for some time but I'm firmly with Mama's Revenge. Their Jumbo Burrito is the ultimate burrito experience in Dublin, IMO.

That yoke is unreal....its whopper:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

That yoke is unreal....its whopper:eek:

how whopper? Size wise, how would it compare to a Boojum burrito?

Advertisement