Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burrito Place in Town [Poll Updated]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

chris85 wrote: »
    how whopper? Size wise, how would it compare to a Boojum burrito?

1 and a half times the size i would guess and for 8e a pretty good deal with any topping that you wanted. It was my first time in there today and i was impressed. Sweet potato really went well inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

adamski8 wrote: »
    1 and a half times the size i would guess and for 8e a pretty good deal with any topping that you wanted. It was my first time in there today and i was impressed. Sweet potato really went well inside.

Hopefully can get in there next week to try it out.

Hopefully can get in there next week to try it out.

I was impressed all round by it anyway. They doa cheap 4e burrito too. Ample seating downstairs too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

how whopper? Size wise, how would it compare to a Boojum burrito?

I think it's a 12 inch tortilla and as much of everything that can be fitted into it.

The boojum on kevin st are doing a free burrito eveing next Wednesday 30th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I was happy to see the Boojum opening up on the south side.
    Went in about two weeks ago.
    The had all the new staff in being trained by what I assume were more experienced staff for the north side location.
    It was alright, not as good as the other place, food was a little on the cool side.
    Also the burrito was wrapped too loosely for my taste.
    But that is probably teething issues.
    I was planning to leave it for a while before going back to check again but the free evening may change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

D wrote: »
    I was happy to see the Boojum opening up on the south side.
    Went in about two weeks ago.
    The had all the new staff in being trained by what I assume were more experienced staff for the north side location.
    It was alright, not as good as the other place, food was a little on the cool side.
    Also the burrito was wrapped too loosely for my taste.
    But that is probably teething issues.
    I was planning to leave it for a while before going back to check again but the free evening may change that.

Where is it on the south side? I'm going for a Pablo Picante El Classico after work today but would like to switch it up sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

The jumbo burrito in Mama's Revenge is excellent. As mentioned, the sweet potato mash is gorgeous, but you also get a combination of meats, and grilled vegetables too which are great. Don't forget to ask for some tortilla chips to be thrown in for "crunch", gives the whole thing a nice variation in texture.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm going for a Jumbo Burrito tomorrow so will ask about the tortillas. Great shout.

Mama's Revenge is awesome.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

8-10 wrote: »
    Where is it on the south side? I'm going for a Pablo Picante El Classico after work today but would like to switch it up sometime

It is on Kevin Street Lower here in the premises to the right of the entrance to College Court apartments. It's a closed up shop with an O2 sign on Street View there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    Anyone tried the place next to the Four Courts yet?

Had pulled pork taco's from there, pretty tasty but I thought the portion was a bit scabby when there is such good value to be had in other places.
    Herself had the quesadilla which while also small was pretty cheap (4.50) and apparently tasty.
    Don't know what the Borrito's are like though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Had southside boojum today, not as good as the northside one. Fairly disappointing.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Had southside boojum today, not as good as the northside one. Fairly disappointing.

In what way?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

The southside Boojum is the exact same in my experience.

Aard wrote: »
    The southside Boojum is the exact same in my experience.

Yeah ingredients look and taste the same, some familiar faces working and the burrito the same for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

Tolteca Baggot St.

the local

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    Anyone tried the place next to the Four Courts yet?

K Chido is absolutely essence.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

discus wrote: »

I'm getting old. Is that good or bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Cienciano wrote: »
    Like... completely distillate. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

discus wrote: »
    Cienciano wrote: »

It's how a bootneck tells you the scran is rather good ;) or at least better than a bag rat........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Jennywalters

I like the fragrant rice in Boojum, but Mama's Revenge beats the pants off Booj with their meats. Mamas smoky braised beef is to die for and chorizo is like no where else! Really good food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

I really enjoy Tolteca, and their burritos have definitely gotten bigger recently! Also a big fan of Pablo's, you can't beat a mexacali mince burrito with jalapenos and sour cream :) I've been meaning to try Mama's Revenge for a while now, looks like the jumbo burrito is the way forward there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EveAlex

Tuzo by far!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Meh, they drowned mine in horrible sweetcorn one time, and it was all watery the next time, whoever is making their salsa needs to hang back on the wateriness.

Had a Tolteca today but got it with roasted peppers instead of the beans. I find their normal burrito a bit bland but put in the roasted peppers and it's very, very tasty, although still not spicy as such (got their hottest salsa).

Mission on Liffey St is excellent, have been in there three times over the past four months or however long it's been open, have not been disappointed. It opened I think a good bit after this updated poll was set up. Possibly better than Boojum, but that may just be that I've been to Boojum too often (and that they put on too much goddamn sour cream, otherwise they are still absolutely fantastic of course, if only they hadn't a queue of fedora-clad hipsters out the door every time I want to get one). Mission for me is the best in town right now. The first time I was there with a mate and they gave us a free sample of their tomato soup which was really good and spicy. The owner came out and spoke to us after to get our opinion and we were giving it high praise. MAYBE the second time I went I wasn't blown away, not sure what the problem was but it didn't stand out quite as well as before, rice might have been a bit stodgy. But went there last week and it was fantastic again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Mission on Liffey St is excellent, have been in there three times over the past four months or however long it's been open, have not been disappointed. It opened I think a good bit after this updated poll was set up. Possibly better than Boojum, but that may just be that I've been to Boojum too often (and that they put on too much goddamn sour cream, otherwise they are still absolutely fantastic of course, if only they hadn't a queue of fedora-clad hipsters out the door every time I want to get one). Mission for me is the best in town right now. The first time I was there with a mate and they gave us a free sample of their tomato soup which was really good and spicy. The owner came out and spoke to us after to get our opinion and we were giving it high praise. MAYBE the second time I went I wasn't blown away, not sure what the problem was but it didn't stand out quite as well as before, rice might have been a bit stodgy. But went there last week and it was fantastic again.

Have to agree. Have had mission a couple of times now and I think it's excellent very good quality ingredients similar to boojum but some different flavours I found.

Very friendly staff and happy to answer your questions too.

Definitely my favourite spot for a burrito at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 craicaracha

Being Mexican, I've been on a never-ending quest to find the perfect burro in Dublin. That to me would be a Mexican style burrito, but since that is simply unattainable, I can conclude that after trying most of the places listed here, Boojum's burritos rank high up on the list.

The other place that has satisfied my tastebuds is Belly Bites, located on Thomas Street. The shredded pork burrito is my favourite.

I've been meaning to try a burrito in K Chido, but I always end up having the tacos and the chorizo tortas. They're so good! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Stephens green shopping centre, their salsa is proper chopped onions, chilies and tomatoes, not a sauce, add to that jalapenos and all the other accouterments, delicious, I rate it better than Burrito n Blues, Pablo Picuente and Tolteca, a lovely find.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Being Mexican, I've been on a never-ending quest to find the perfect burro in Dublin. That to me would be a Mexican style burrito, but since that is simply unattainable, I can conclude that after trying most of the places listed here, Boojum's burritos rank high up on the list.

The other place that has satisfied my tastebuds is Belly Bites, located on Thomas Street. The shredded pork burrito is my favourite.

I've been meaning to try a burrito in K Chido, but I always end up having the tacos and the chorizo tortas. They're so good! :D

Great username!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Stephens green shopping centre, their salsa is proper chopped onions, chilies and tomatoes, not a sauce, add to that jalapenos and all the other accouterments, delicious, I rate it better than Burrito n Blues, Pablo Picuente and Tolteca, a lovely find.

The El Gringo near me just closed down from talking to the girl there I seemed to be the only person who went there! Probably a bit too close to Boojum possibly! Now I have to walk an additional 50m to get my Burrito dammit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

jimmii wrote: »
    The El Gringo near me just closed down from talking to the girl there I seemed to be the only person who went there! Probably a bit too close to Boojum possibly! Now I have to walk an additional 50m to get my Burrito dammit!
    At the end of building it, the girl lashed it back into the iron press thingy which made it a little bit crispy on the outside, but maintained all the juicy innards,
    and i was very suspicious of, I threw a few dirties at her and she didn't bat a eye, SHE KNEW, I want one now :(

Advertisement