Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burrito Place in Town [Poll Updated]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

I was in Burritos and blues a couple of days a go, and was gobsmacked to find I was the only one eating a normal burrito. Everyone else was eating burrito-in-a-bowl with no wrap. Fashions seem to be changing.

BTW, am I the only one who likes eating burritos with a knife and fork? I much preferred eating B+Bs burritos that way, but it has become less feasible now that they have replaced their metal containers with basket-style plastic ones.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

safetyboy wrote: »
    +1 for mission here. the best of the lot, i just dont get the never ending boojum ques.

Another +1 for me. Got fed up with Boojum queues so gave this place a go. I reckon it's nicer and they're a good size too. It deserves more attention.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Anybody eat the veggie one at mission? Any good? I might try it tonight.
    I was in Burritos and blues a couple of days a go, and was gobsmacked to find I was the only one eating a normal burrito. Everyone else was eating burrito-in-a-bowl with no wrap. Fashions seem to be changing.

BTW, am I the only one who likes eating burritos with a knife and fork? I much preferred eating B+Bs burritos that way, but it has become less feasible now that they have replaced their metal containers with basket-style plastic ones.

I eat most of mine from a bowl, mainly because I get more filling and can mix it up and eat as I like, instead of the pockets of stuff I get in the wraps. hard though, as the wrap is delicious.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tried the bowl in mission, very tasty, better than most places! Wouldn't choose it over boojum any day though, and also it was much smaller. Very nice though, much better place to visit and no queues. Can actually sit...and be warm too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Why are they all springing up all of a sudden? I don't like burritos :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭Confucius say

sugarman wrote: »
    Then dont eat them:confused::P

Threads 5 years old, theyve been popping up for years.

It'll pass sooner or later. They're like the thinking mans breakfast roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mackcracknsack

Starting to lose faith in Boojum big time!!!!!!!

The chicken is really poor quality (anyone ever been to chipotle know they use proper chicken fillets not the ****€ Boojum serve up) :confused:
    Shops are getting dirty and look like the need a good scrub, plenty of flies etc. Not a good sign if front of house is not clean!!!! :(

Haven't tried mission yet but I shall have my next burrito there :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

has anyone had Zombrero on Hatch Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

What pray tell is a breakfast burrito? I have a feeling I need this in my life, sometimes I have curry for breakfast :)
    I know Mamas Revenge has a run in with the health inspector, but the breakfast buritto in there was amazing.
    Starting to lose faith in Boojum big time!!!!!!!

The chicken is really poor quality (anyone ever been to chipotle know they use proper chicken fillets not the ****€ Boojum serve up) :confused:
    Shops are getting dirty and look like the need a good scrub, plenty of flies etc. Not a good sign if front of house is not clean!!!! :(

Haven't tried mission yet but I shall have my next burrito there :cool:

That's just the hipster customers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Saburritos is criminally overlooked. They do the biggest and best burritos in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

has anyone had Zombrero on Hatch Street?
    I've been there twice. It's okay but nothing compared to Boojum. More akin to B&B. They're quite stingy with the meat and other fillings, but it's tasty enough. Free jalepenos is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hadn't had Boojum in a couple of years, but have had it twice in the last couple of months (from Kevin Street). They're way back up to the top of my list. I've had pulled pork & chorizo ones both times and they're absolutely bursting at the seams they're so packed, and kept me full for the day, great value for money.

On the other hand, I find Tolteca stingy in their fillings and am usually left wanting more after.

I had Burritos & Blues recently (queue was too long in Boojum :pac:) and I found it decent. Tasty and good portion size.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

WarZ wrote: »
    Saburritos is criminally overlooked. They do the biggest and best burritos in my opinion

Only been there once, would never go back.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

WarZ wrote: »

Overlooked for a reason imo, the food isn't great quality no matter how much of it you pack into a burrito. They don't use the right ingredients either, was in the new one on Dame Street and they were using the wrong type of cheese and the owner was there at the time telling the manager to return it next time the supplier sends it. Mission would be my preferred location, fresh ingredients and great portions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Does anyone not think these are all the same pretty much? They all seem to be the same ingredients wrapped together.
    Mama's revenge used to do a breakfast burrito however, which was really good. Don't seem to open for breakfast anymore :(
    Does anywhere else do them?

Boojum nachos are really good too. If you're sick of burritos, try the nachos.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Mama's revenge used to do a breakfast burrito however, which was really good. Don't seem to open for breakfast anymore :(
    Does anywhere else do them?
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Cienciano wrote: »
    Boojum nachos are really good too. If you're sick of burritos, try the nachos.

What are they like? Do they use real cheese and melt it over it? In Burritos & Blues they're cold and they just pour some warm runny cheese-like goo over them. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

New place opened on Bolton Street at the weekend, across from the Beerhouse? Nice little spot. El Patron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I see against the grain are the first in Dublin to do fish tacos and they are a feckin pub. Anybody tried?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hardly the first in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

RasTa wrote: »
    I see against the grain are the first in Dublin to do fish tacos and they are a feckin pub. Anybody tried?

They're not the first. I've seen fish tacos on plenty of menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Just had one from Sol Burritos stand at the Spencer Dock market and while I'd mark it down normally quite heavily for being poorly constructed (had to rely on the little cardboard tray to catch some content) its probably the best I've had in terms of taste. They might do with a salsa in between their hottest and the one I had though.

Passenger wrote: »
    What are they like? Do they use real cheese and melt it over it? In Burritos & Blues they're cold and they just pour some warm runny cheese-like goo over them. :eek:
    No, it has warm stuff in it. It looks like a normal burrito, but has scrambled eggs with chorizo in it, beans and other stuff, possibly salsa. The idea of a breakfast burrito wasn't great to me, but I was really impressed with it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Cienciano wrote: »
    No, it has warm stuff in it. It looks like a normal burrito, but has scrambled eggs with chorizo in it, beans and other stuff, possibly salsa. The idea of a breakfast burrito wasn't great to me, but I was really impressed with it

Passenger was talking about nachos

adrian522 wrote: »
    Hardly the first in fairness.
    They're not the first. I've seen fish tacos on plenty of menus.

Where else do them?

I've had them in Tribeca (really good, but wasnt on the menu last I was there) and the Tap House (OK at best), both in Ranelagh.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I've had them in Tribeca (really good, but wasnt on the menu last I was there) and the Tap House (OK at best), both in Ranelagh.

€18?! They must be taking the piss, 2 for $5 in Vancouver.

Youre not going to get much of anything in dublin for $5 unfortunately.

Also this place seems to do them...

http://www.tacotacodublin.com/dinner-menu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

RasTa wrote: »
    €18?! They must be taking the piss, 2 for $5 in Vancouver.

Yeah but you save the few quid on the flights and the convenience of not traveling for ten hours.

Advertisement