Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia 2014 - no discussion of current day stage, see spoiler rules in Charter

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

How many boards.ie are going to Belfast for Team presentation, TTT or first road stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

7th I think last year, does Rafa Majka have a plausible chance of a podium?

pelevin wrote: »
    7th I think last year, does Rafa Majka have a plausible chance of a podium?

Its hard to know.....didn't go as well as expected in Paris Nice or Criterium International

Where you come depends on the competition
    Horner is out as in hospital after a crash yesterday ...was in intensive care
    Porte is out to concentrate on the Tour
    Uran has gone back to Columbia and was said to be sick last week

The Irish boys are training hard but haven't raced alot this year so not sure if that is a good or a bad thing

Yeah, that's partly why I asked the question. Seems the competition is dwindling & I don't expect much of the old Italians, so after the big two of Quintana & Rodriguez, make that the little two, there doesn't seem a whole lot in their wake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭happytramp

Girls handing out free pink candy floss and Giro water bottles in front of Dublin Castle today.

• Advertisement

Rafa is a very good climber so I suppose a podium is more than possible ....he was aiming for one when interviewed at the beginning of the year

Possible third place on podium in order of probability IMO

Uran, Evans, Majka, Pozzivivo. Basso, Trofimov, Niemiec

May not have the top riders but it could be a very interesting race nonetheless

Of course as I forgot to mention there are 2 very good Irish riders who have every possibility of fighting out for the podium...then it would be interesting !!!

But I dare not hope yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭happytramp

MPFG wrote: »
    Of course as I forgot to mention there are 2 very good Irish riders who have every possibility of fighting out for the podium...then it would be interesting !!!

But I dare not hope yet

I've literally no idea what sort of form Dan Martin has right now. He's been very quite and raced very little. I know it's part of a bigger plan for his Giro build up but I'd love to know how it's coming along.

Yeah it'd be great to see the our lads flying though I don't think there's logically a lot to go on in terms of how they'll be. Dan in terms of the overall there seems no track record to justify a belief in a podium, which though doesn't mean this won't be where he turns that around - & he's been very quiet thus far this year; while Nicolas I also don't think we really have a clue where his form is at or is likely to be at.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

How many boards.ie are going to Belfast for Team presentation, TTT or first road stage

I was thinking of driving up for the TT.

• Advertisement

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    I was thinking of driving up for the TT.

Good man...I live in London and I can't go unfortunately

But I will be looking out for you all on TV ...make a splash

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'll be there for the lot obviously!

pelevin wrote: »
    Yeah it'd be great to see the our lads flying though I don't think there's logically a lot to go on in terms of how they'll be. Dan in terms of the overall there seems no track record to justify a belief in a podium, which though doesn't mean this won't be where he turns that around - & he's been very quiet thus far this year; while Nicolas I also don't think we really have a clue where his form is at or is likely to be at.

Well they are as good or better on form as all the other also rans

I think they are quiet cos they are planning to spring a surprise :D

I'll be there for the lot obviously!

why obviously ???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

why obviously ???

Because I live here!

Because I live here!

Oooooh just noticed :rolleyes:

I hope you can keep us up to date with all action on the ground :D

Good man...I live in London and I can't go unfortunately

But I will be looking out for you all on TV ...make a splash

How very sexist of you to assume that I'm a man!

How very sexist of you to assume that I'm a man!

Not at all....I have been reading your posts for awhile and there is no doubt...its the machismo oozing through !!

Not at all....I have been reading your posts for awhile and there is no doubt...its the machismo oozing through !!

I'm a real boy. Like pinocchio!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭buffalo

Saw this in town yesterday.

303153.jpg

Presumably where this was happening:
    happytramp wrote: »
    Girls handing out free pink candy floss and Giro water bottles in front of Dublin Castle today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Is this a joke

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0414/608779-giro-ditalia-cycle-race/

RTE are reporting it as if they only just found out the Giro is coming to Ireland!!!

bazermc wrote: »
    Is this a joke

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0414/608779-giro-ditalia-cycle-race/

RTE are reporting it as if they only just found out the Giro is coming to Ireland!!!

I cannot believe how far behind the curve they are and how late in proceedings

I live in London and there has been a massive missed opportunity to have people from UK come to Ireland for the race IMO...Cycling is so popular in UK and most cyclists seem to have the tosh if their gear is anything to go by

Why have these people not been targeted

Plane to Belfast - 2 nights in Belfast and one night in Dublin plus a ride or 2 and race watching vantage points ..simples !!!!

I cannot believe how far behind the curve they are and how late in proceedings

I live in London and there has been a massive missed opportunity to have people from UK come to Ireland for the race IMO...Cycling is so popular in UK and most cyclists seem to have the tosh if their gear is anything to go by

Why have these people not been targeted

Plane to Belfast - 2 nights in Belfast and one night in Dublin plus a ride or 2 and race watching vantage points ..simples !!!!

With the TDF starting in Yorkshire this year too? I don't think people would fly over to see a less prestigious race earlier in the year..

With the TDF starting in Yorkshire this year too? I don't think people would fly over to see a less prestigious race earlier in the year..

I disagree ...I know some people who are flying over and I know some who would have gone if they had a good package/promotion but too late now to get the weekend sorted

The Giro is better than the Tour.

marvin80 wrote: »

I bet the Free State version doesn't surface until after the race has been and gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I bet the Free State version doesn't surface until after the race has been and gone!

Will there be passport checks carried out when the peleton cross the border from the British Isles into the Free State

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

bazermc wrote: »
    Will there be passport checks carried out when the peleton cross the border from the British Isles into the Free State

Biological passport only. Anyone with a high orange cell count will be forced to hum the tune of the Sunday Game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

hope it doesn't go by Croke Park. the residents will be complaining...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement